• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't tell you how many times we've had that convo here, we all agree JVR was not a great re-signing.
I dont think we all agree on this, if im not mistaken there are only a few of us who believe this wasn't a great signing which is why there have been a million posts about it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we all agree on this, if im not mistaken there are only a few of us who believe this wasn't a great signing which is why there have been a million posts about it.

I will agree that it wasn't a 'great' re-signing. But I will defend that it was at least a 'fine' signing if not a 'good' one.

As Purdue said, need offensive threats and guys who shoot first. JvR is one of those. He's not my favorite guy in the world, but he does score goals and that's his purpose. You can 2-way teams to death all you want, but you have to put the puck in the net to win games. Stanley Cup Final teams, the two-way, defensively sound throughout the roster, Blues/Bruins; both outscored the Flyers during the regular season. Take away JvR's 27 goals and the Flyers are 26th in the league this season.

He's not even close to perfect, but he leaves a major goal scoring hole if you get rid of him. He was the best goal scoring option the Flyers had last summer and they signed him. I am fine with it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that it wasn't a 'great' re-signing. But I will defend that it was at least a 'fine' signing if not a 'good' one.

As Purdue said, need offensive threats and guys who shoot first. JvR is one of those. He's not my favorite guy in the world, but he does score goals and that's his purpose. You can 2-way teams to death all you want, but you have to put the puck in the net to win games. Stanley Cup Final teams, the two-way, defensively sound throughout the roster, Blues/Bruins; both outscored the Flyers during the regular season. Take away JvR's 27 goals and the Flyers are 26th in the league this season.

He's not even close to perfect, but he leaves a major goal scoring hole if you get rid of him. He was the best goal scoring option the Flyers had last summer and they signed him. I am fine with it.

Some of us have been suggesting 2 way teams for years now while others on here just want to put a fantasy hockey team out there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us have been suggesting 2 way teams for years now while others on here just want to put a fantasy hockey team out there.

I’ve never been opposed to 2 way teams. But there are only so many Bergerons and Marchands to go around. There’s a hell of a lot more Laughtons and Vandeveldes than there are Bergerons and Marchands. And as long as that’s the case, you’re going to need to find offense somewhere; because it sure as hell isnt coming from a team full of Scott Laughtons.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never been opposed to 2 way teams. But there are only so many Bergerons and Marchands to go around. There’s a hell of a lot more Laughtons and Vandeveldes than there are Bergerons and Marchands. And as long as that’s the case, you’re going to need to find offense somewhere; because it sure as hell isnt coming from a team full of Scott Laughtons.
A good way to do this is if we drafted players like Bergerons and Marchands instead of the Morgan Frosts and Cole Caufields of the world we would be able to put a two way team out there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good way to do this is if we drafted players like Bergerons and Marchands instead of the Morgan Frosts and Cole Caufields of the world we would be able to put a two way team out there.

Laughton - 1st round pick, 2 way player
Rubtsov - 1st round pick, 2 way player
Morin - 1st round pick, defense first guy
Farabee - 1st round pick, 2 way player
Patrick - 1st round pick, 2 way player
Couturier - 1st round pick, 2 way player

They have been doing that. Even Frost is projected as a two-way player and has been one of the most dangerous PK-ers in the OHL the past two seasons.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton Minus 21 last 2 seasons
Rubstov -going on 4 years after being drafted still not in the NHL
Morin- 2013 draft only a bottom pair dman at best
Patrick- Only drafted him because he fell to us
Farabee- TBD
Couts- A star in this league

So in recap more drafts like Couts and less drafts of Laughtons and Rubstovs and Caufields

I've read many of articles on Frost and never have i seen anyone mention him as a two way player which is fine if you put up 100 points we dont need you to be a two way player.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton Minus 21 last 2 seasons
Rubstov -going on 4 years after being drafted still not in the NHL
Morin- 2013 draft only a bottom pair dman at best
Patrick- Only drafted him because he fell to us
Farabee- TBD
Couts- A star in this league

So in recap more drafts like Couts and less drafts of Laughtons and Rubstovs and Caufields

I've read many of articles on Frost and never have i seen anyone mention him as a two way player which is fine if you put up 100 points we dont need you to be a two way player.

So they drafted two way players and they didn't work out. Got it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they drafted two way players and they didn't work out. Got it.
Judging from what we have seen from those players there is not much of either offense or defense so we actually drafted no way players.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The profile on him as of May 2017. Not many people talking about his defense these days.

You said we should be drafting 2 way guys. When Frost was drafted, people talked about him as a two way player. So we did, with all the knowledge possible at the time, draft a two way guy. That's all I'm trying to say. Your post a few back indicated you didn't think the Flyers put any emphasis on drafting two way players, which is not true. I was just pointing that out.

Whether or not they panned out or will pan out is an entirely different topic. You always want your draft picks to pan out, regardless of what type of player you drafted. And most of those guys have time still. Bergeron is a perfect example, his path wasn't smooth sailing. He was the 45th pick in 2003 (how many teams want a do-over?). And was -28 in his 3rd NHL season before receiving his first Selke nomination in 2009. Now they've basically renamed the Selke after him.

The jury is still out on most of the guys mentioned. We'll see what they develop in to. But the Flyers have been putting an emphasis on two way players at the draft.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said we should be drafting 2 way guys. When Frost was drafted, people talked about him as a two way player. So we did, with all the knowledge possible at the time, draft a two way guy. That's all I'm trying to say. Your post a few back indicated you didn't think the Flyers put any emphasis on drafting two way players, which is not true. I was just pointing that out.

Whether or not they panned out or will pan out is an entirely different topic. You always want your draft picks to pan out, regardless of what type of player you drafted. And most of those guys have time still. Bergeron is a perfect example, his path wasn't smooth sailing. He was the 45th pick in 2003 (how many teams want a do-over?). And was -28 in his 3rd NHL season before receiving his first Selke nomination in 2009. Now they've basically renamed the Selke after him.

The jury is still out on most of the guys mentioned. We'll see what they develop in to. But the Flyers have been putting an emphasis on two way players at the draft.
I will agree we always want our draft picks to pan out.