• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s ideal the hit comes earlier but in a series those hits add up and have impact. Eventually they don’t want to take the hit so they get rid of the puck faster than they should. Also, it wasn’t Picasso but their forecheck last night looked the best it has this series.
The forecheck was non existant until the third period.If you want to say we had the best forechecking period of the series i will agree. I guess since we havent had any forecheck in the series you are right it was our best forechecking game,.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god AV went back to Hagg! Ghost and Braun together were terrible.

I really like Ghost, but this is just a fact at this point. Ghost/Braun does not work.

Thought Hagg and Braun looked much more comfortable. Also thought Hagg in particular was real solid.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you bump someone into the boards 5 seconds after they get rid of the puck thats not being physical. That is just taking yourself out of the play while they are flying up the ice.

I like this point more than thinking the Flyers need to be more physical. They outhit Montreal 37-25 yesterday. For my eye, the Bos/Car has been in the discussion for most physical series (at least in the east) and their game on Saturday was 37-35 in hits.

In terms of quantity, the Flyers are hitting plenty IMO. The problem is exactly what you're saying. Some of those hits are 5 seconds after they get rid of the puck. It wears them down for the length of the series, sure. But Montreal is too fast for the Flyers to give them 5 seconds of head start while you go in and finish your check. I'd rather see them down around 25-30 hits if it meant their hits were closer to the play. They can't get out of position defensively to finish every check because they're not scoring enough to overcome it.

I think this series is as close/hard fought as it is, is because the Flyers can't execute their offense fast enough. Like you said in regards to the PP, they're not passing quickly enough. So Montreal is right in their face when they try to make a play. Same for dump ins. The combination of Montreal's speed and Price's puckhandling is nullifying their forecheck. They dump it in, Price stops it or the dmen win the race and move the puck around. So the Flyers can't get anything going on offense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this point more than thinking the Flyers need to be more physical. They outhit Montreal 37-25 yesterday. For my eye, the Bos/Car has been in the discussion for most physical series (at least in the east) and their game on Saturday was 37-35 in hits.

In terms of quantity, the Flyers are hitting plenty IMO. The problem is exactly what you're saying. Some of those hits are 5 seconds after they get rid of the puck. It wears them down for the length of the series, sure. But Montreal is too fast for the Flyers to give them 5 seconds of head start while you go in and finish your check. I'd rather see them down around 25-30 hits if it meant their hits were closer to the play. They can't get out of position defensively to finish every check because they're not scoring enough to overcome it.

I think this series is as close/hard fought as it is, is because the Flyers can't execute their offense fast enough. Like you said in regards to the PP, they're not passing quickly enough. So Montreal is right in their face when they try to make a play. Same for dump ins. The combination of Montreal's speed and Price's puckhandling is nullifying their forecheck. They dump it in, Price stops it or the dmen win the race and move the puck around. So the Flyers can't get anything going on offense.

Good post. I especially want to cosign the impact of Price on the forecheck. He seems to be the catalyst on their break out after a dump.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd come on the board to see exactly what I watched last night. Looks like I saw what I saw.

Only additional comment - I thought Coots was back into the sport of Hockey. He did have 5 hits... I thought he was more of a presence, and data would confirm. Now we just need 2 other players on our first line to show up and play.

That being said, I hope AV sticks with these players / line combo's (except for our unanswered chorus to bench JVR). If there was any doubt, Hart is the real deal.

Michelle T does need to just retire. I couldn't believe how dead the PP was. Had to even agree with the giant dick Milbury on his analysis of our PP

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. I especially want to cosign the impact of Price on the forecheck. He seems to be the catalyst on their break out after a dump.
Price is definately a factor on the dump ins as he springs their offense very quickly with his puck handling skills. This is a good reason to dump it softly into the corner and follow it in with big hits on Weber.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd come on the board to see exactly what I watched last night. Looks like I saw what I saw.

Only additional comment - I thought Coots was back into the sport of Hockey. He did have 5 hits... I thought he was more of a presence, and data would confirm. Now we just need 2 other players on our first line to show up and play.

That being said, I hope AV sticks with these players / line combo's (except for our unanswered chorus to bench JVR). If there was any doubt, Hart is the real deal.

Michelle T does need to just retire. I couldn't believe how dead the PP was. Had to even agree with the giant dick Milbury on his analysis of our PP
Everyone just needs to start moving their dam feet and cut off time and space and we will be fine.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Twitter for me, but per Natural Stat Trick originally; Habs only mustered 3 'high danger' scoring chances last night.

They had 4+ in 5 out of the first 6 periods of the series. Flyers deserve some credit for the defense they played yesterday.

If they can even just get the PP going, they'll be in good shape. Sounds like AV indicated they're going to make some changes to the PP for game 4.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Twitter for me, but per Natural Stat Trick originally; Habs only mustered 3 'high danger' scoring chances last night.

They had 4+ in 5 out of the first 6 periods of the series. Flyers deserve some credit for the defense they played yesterday.

If they can even just get the PP going, they'll be in good shape. Sounds like AV indicated they're going to make some changes to the PP for game 4.

PP has become too predictable. It’s all about G on the left side half boards.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PP needs some help
How about just shooting the puck instead of the perfect play.

Id like to see JVR on PP1 . Lets see if we can get him going.

Really like the game Hagg played. Hart was a monster and had some luck with multiple posts.

Montreal must still feel good about things. Next game is crucial

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does the high danger scoring chance include the 4 posts they hit?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows if the NHL ratings are higher this year compared to years past?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PP has become too predictable. It’s all about G on the left side half boards.

PP needs some help
How about just shooting the puck instead of the perfect play.

Id like to see JVR on PP1 . Lets see if we can get him going.

Really like the game Hagg played. Hart was a monster and had some luck with multiple posts.

Montreal must still feel good about things. Next game is crucial

I agree with both of these. PP is too predictable and I think shooting the puck fixes that to some extent. That's why TK was able to produce anything resembling offense. They were giving him space to walk in and shoot. I think Jake/Couturier had some decent traffic yesterday. G just needs to shoot sometimes. They were giving him similar space in that regard, and taking away his passes. If he takes a nice low wrister for Jake to tip or hopefully generate a rebound, they might find some dirty goals. It's easy to defend when the only shooting options are Provorov at the top of the umbrella, TK walking in from the right side, or G on a one-timer. The last of which has been almost completely taken away.

Along that line, I'm not opposed to JvR on the top PP unit. He's supposed to be the best net front guy on the team now. If he's going to be in the lineup, you might as well use him where he's best.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors of Farabee in for JvR on Twitter.

If true really like it. I think AK and Farabee have some budding chemistry together. That could make the 3rd line with Grant very strong.