• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therien should be fired for the tenth time in his career looks like he's sabotaging the PP....never seen it worse used to be top five with most of the same guys.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therien should be fired for the tenth time in his career looks like he's sabotaging the PP....never seen it worse used to be top five with most of the same guys.
Well unfortunately for me, wildfires in my area have knocked out cable power and I didn't get to see shit! Looks like I missed a real boring game or a great goalie duel. We won but damn where are our goal scorers?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game from Hart. Extremely hard fought win. Wasn’t pretty, but they were really solid defensively, especially in the 3rd. Hart erased the couple breakdowns they had.

Looked much more comfortable/ready for the Habs game tonight.

The PP needs to get it together. They can’t get set up to save their lives right now.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal is a much faster team than us. Our PP is beyond embarrassing. Hart will have to win this series because our scoring chances are pretty slim with Price and a decent Habs defense led by Weber. Giroux has not done squat since the playoffs began including round robin. At some point, somebody besides Hart is going to have to step up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unfortunately for me, wildfires in my area have knocked out cable power and I didn't get to see shit! Looks like I missed a real boring game or a great goalie duel. We won but damn where are our goal scorers?
Sorry to hear that! It sure was a root canal but they did pull it off. I'm sure les habs were even more frustrated. If the Flyers could do anything out the PP it would have been smooth sailing.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that! It sure was a root canal but they did pull it off. I'm sure les habs were even more frustrated. If the Flyers could do anything out the PP it would have been smooth sailing.
Nice, thanks for the update, just seems weird we started out on a good level in the round Robin and all of a sudden we hit a wall. Seems we didn't have to much of that happen this year. Maybe a big game 4 will wake them back up.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers did seem to play a more physical game which will be key in this series. I like Hagg in there for his physical presence.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, thanks for the update, just seems weird we started out on a good level in the round Robin and all of a sudden we hit a wall. Seems we didn't have to much of that happen this year. Maybe a big game 4 will wake them back up.
I can see that happening they just seem stuck in neutral. On a good note they are still up 2-1 not playing well with 0 PP. That can't last forever.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers did seem to play a more physical game which will be key in this series. I like Hagg in there for his physical presence.
Agreed it nullified their speed somewhat. Have to wear them down. Webber and Chariot are playing some big minutes that will take its toll as well.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long does it take to change things up on the PP? Maybe move TK to unit 2 and Hayes to #1. JVR has to come out also. Even on PP 2 he is useless. Further, enough with the lazy cross ice passes. Montreal is to fast for that crap. Lastly, dump in and make sure you hammer their dmen in the corners. Wear them down.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you and the family are OK. You didn't miss anything boring is an understatement.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal is a much faster team than us. Our PP is beyond embarrassing. Hart will have to win this series because our scoring chances are pretty slim with Price and a decent Habs defense led by Weber. Giroux has not done squat since the playoffs began including round robin. At some point, somebody besides Hart is going to have to step up.
Montreal being made a lot faster because nobody on our team will hit anyone on their team. If we move our feet and cut off time and space they will slow down considerably.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long does it take to change things up on the PP? Maybe move TK to unit 2 and Hayes to #1. JVR has to come out also. Even on PP 2 he is useless. Further, enough with the lazy cross ice passes. Montreal is to fast for that crap. Lastly, dump in and make sure you hammer their dmen in the corners. Wear them down.

I was thinking about TK playing in Voracek's usual spot too. I'd like to see Voracek back there, but honestly TK is the only one creating much of anything. Montreal is taking away the cross slot pass that G and Voracek do (and G and TK have tried to do) and it's totally crippled the PP. And that's when they get set up, which is rare.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you bump someone into the boards 5 seconds after they get rid of the puck thats not being physical. That is just taking yourself out of the play while they are flying up the ice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love love love your final point here. Dump it in soft and crash. This will slow them down considerably.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about TK playing in Voracek's usual spot too. I'd like to see Voracek back there, but honestly TK is the only one creating much of anything. Montreal is taking away the cross slot pass that G and Voracek do (and G and TK have tried to do) and it's totally crippled the PP. And that's when they get set up, which is rare.
We just need to move the pick a lot faster on the PP. Its like they are out on a Sunday drive while Montreal Pkers are shot out of a rocket. Get the puck and get rid of it. Let them chase the puck around the umbrella a little bit. That will slow down their PK

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you bump someone into the boards 5 seconds after they get rid of the puck thats not being physical. That is just taking yourself out of the play while they are flying up the ice.

It’s ideal the hit comes earlier but in a series those hits add up and have impact. Eventually they don’t want to take the hit so they get rid of the puck faster than they should. Also, it wasn’t Picasso but their forecheck last night looked the best it has this series.