• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after watching this team over the last year, I would say a lot of the struggles were due to poor coaching. Seeing as you have the same players doing what they are this year is almost night and day. Hayes signing was a far better deal than I anticipated he has proven me wrong about his work ethic. The rest of the vets have bought in and are playing 100% better then the last previous years. Finally better coaching proved to be the cure, who knew?

I mean, a couple people on here did. :whistle:

But I will admit, it's hasn't been just the coaching. Hayes and Niskanen have been great additions. I was fine with both, but they've far exceeded my expectations. They've been fantastic.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, a couple people on here did. :whistle:

But I will admit, it's hasn't been just the coaching. Hayes and Niskanen have been great additions. I was fine with both, but they've far exceeded my expectations. They've been fantastic.
It you’re referring to me my mind hasn’t changed a bit.

Still think Gee is a shitty leader and Couts should wear the C. Would still trade Gee for two 50 point players who play a complete game.

The Hayes contract I still think we should’ve gave him the money or the years and not both.

Still think number 61 is a terrible pick up and was holding back Myers and Haag from playing in the NHL.

Never had problem with Nisky.

JVR still sucks as a player.

So I’m good thanks.

Don’t let this ruin a good playoff run hopefully. It’s really only been two games.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It you’re referring to me my mind hasn’t changed a bit.

Still think Gee is a shitty leader and Couts should wear the C. Would still trade Gee for two 50 point players who play a complete game.

The Hayes contract I still think we should’ve gave him the money or the years and not both.

Still think number 61 is a terrible pick up and was holding back Myers and Haag from playing in the NHL.

Never had problem with Nisky.

JVR still sucks as a player.

So I’m good thanks.

Don’t let this ruin a good playoff run hopefully. It’s really only been two games.

Wasn't referring to any of that? I was gloating. Myself and a couple other people said Hakstol was the major problem with this team. Bacon was confirming Hakstol was the major problem with this team, given where they were last season and where they are now.

RealAlex01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chemistry from the Hayes line is just so damn good. Carter Hart looks like an established veteran at such a young age. So many youngsters on the ice making their mark. I am excited about the future of this team, especially with the job GM Chuck Fletcher has done as well as HC Alain Vigneault.

Go Flyers!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't referring to any of that? I was gloating. Myself and a couple other people said Hakstol was the major problem with this team. Bacon was confirming Hakstol was the major problem with this team, given where they were last season and where they are now.
I will agree with you and Baco on that as AV is a much better coach than Haks

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chemistry from the Hayes line is just so damn good. Carter Hart looks like an established veteran at such a young age. So many youngsters on the ice making their mark. I am excited about the future of this team, especially with the job GM Chuck Fletcher has done as well as HC Alain Vigneault.

Go Flyers!

Agree 100%

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Pens were beaten by the Habs. Wow! They want to get that first pick.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be pissed if they get that pick. That would just be typical Pens underachieving and winning the lottery pick. Ugh!
Well I would assume they are ready to start closing the book on the Crosby-Malkin era. A number one pick plus some returns for an aging Crosby and Malkin and their back in business.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would assume they are ready to start closing the book on the Crosby-Malkin era. A number one pick plus some returns for an aging Crosby and Malkin and their back in business.
I could see Malkin and Letang being traded, but no way do they deal Sid.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? He may have a couple good seasons left. He may do a diehard deal to retire a Pen, but these days nobody is safe.
I think the Pens will shuffle and make moves this offseason, but I don't see Sid going. Mike Sullivan is toast. What an embarrassment that franchise is losing to the Habs of all teams. I can see them bringing in Bruce Boudreau.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pens will shuffle and make moves this offseason, but I don't see Sid going. Mike Sullivan is toast. What an embarrassment that franchise is losing to the Habs of all teams. I can see them bringing in Bruce Boudreau.
What do you think they do with Murray? He was a product of a good defense and has sucked since. Bringing in Johnson did nothing to bolster their defense nor did Marleau replace losing kunuckle(sp) and the other little shit they lost to Phoenix, I can't remember his name lol.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think they do with Murray? He was a product of a good defense and has sucked since. Bringing in Johnson did nothing to bolster their defense nor did Marleau replace losing kunuckle(sp) and the other little shit they lost to Phoenix, I can't remember his name lol.
the Pens seemed to get old quick. In another note, what do you think about trading a dman ( Ghost) for a solid forward from the Leafs? They are about to get eliminated and they need dmen and they are loaded at the forward position.