• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Pens seemed to get old quick. In another note, what do you think about trading a dman ( Ghost) for a solid forward from the Leafs? They are about to get eliminated and they need dmen and they are loaded at the forward position.
Who would they give up though? They just picked up Barrie for a role that Ghost would fill. I'm not sure what Ghosts value is right now, but if we could swing a good deal for him I'd be game. That or turn him into a winger. Real question is what do we do when Lindblom and Patrick come back? Everybody in the top 3 lines seems to be doing pretty well this season.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would they give up though? They just picked up Barrie for a role that Ghost would fill. I'm not sure what Ghosts value is right now, but if we could swing a good deal for him I'd be game. That or turn him into a winger. Real question is what do we do when Lindblom and Patrick come back? Everybody in the top 3 lines seems to be doing pretty well this season.
Yeah. It's crazy thinking how deep we are. And I keep forgetting about Patrick. Oskar will be back soon enough. A name I always forget is Morgan Frost. I would love to see him playing at some point a the big club. Unreal the depth we have. We have four solid lines plus some.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's crazy thinking how deep we are. And I keep forgetting about Patrick. Oskar will be back soon enough. A name I always forget is Morgan Frost. I would love to see him playing at some point a the big club. Unreal the depth we have. We have four solid lines plus some.
I would love to see guys like Frost and Farabee replace guys like Grant etc. We could roll 4 solid freaking line ups and be a nightmare match up for anybody. Problem would be keeping that core together long term with a small cap space. Need to lock up some young talent now.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on with Voracek? I hate that we have no info on his status of being scratched. Farabee will be on the first line and JvR goes back to the third line. TB is going to be a tough game, but how awesome will it be to watch a Hart vs Vasilevskiy matchup.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll take Couts for my first goal. Flyers win 2-1.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game on Saturday is still TBD.

Game time finally announced late last night. 8 pm game. We in prime time bitches! 1st seed, 2nd seed, not a big deal to me but psychologically it would be nice to get one over the Lightning. I read today that they’re 7-0 against the Flyers in their last 7.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine what happens if the other top line gets it going?

So long as they are matched up against the other teams top line and they don't score, I'm ok with that.

And as you mentioned, it's the coaching.
Every line is buying into the system and they have their roles to play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as they are matched up against the other teams top line and they don't score, I'm ok with that.

And as you mentioned, it's the coaching.
Every line is buying into the system and they have their roles to play.

At the same time, you know G Couts and Voracek will eventually get theirs.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time, you know G Couts and Voracek will eventually get theirs.

I'm not sure what's being asked of them, but if their line is somewhat defensive in nature, I would like to see them focus more on the power play. 0-8 isn't going to cut it when the real games start.

It just seems like if we can neutralize the top line on the other team, our depth helps us win the other line battles.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what's being asked of them, but if their line is somewhat defensive in nature, I would like to see them focus more on the power play. 0-8 isn't going to cut it when the real games start.

It just seems like if we can neutralize the top line on the other team, our depth helps us win the other line battles.

Agree 100% at the same time, many teams top lines aren’t two way lines like the Couts line is. There should be opportunities available taking advantage of lines that don’t want to back check or do the dirty work.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on with Voracek? I hate that we have no info on his status of being scratched. Farabee will be on the first line and JvR goes back to the third line. TB is going to be a tough game, but how awesome will it be to watch a Hart vs Vasilevskiy matchup.
I can't stand this silence on why a player is out. I looked everywhere and could not even find a rumor about Jake. I also saw Stamkos is out for TB.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after watching this team over the last year, I would say a lot of the struggles were due to poor coaching. Seeing as you have the same players doing what they are this year is almost night and day. Hayes signing was a far better deal than I anticipated he has proven me wrong about his work ethic. The rest of the vets have bought in and are playing 100% better then the last previous years. Finally better coaching proved to be the cure, who knew?
We definitely have to give the coaches and GM credit. Yes JVR has struggled but a Leafs fan I know said just park him in front of the net and let him score he'd take him back. Otherwise everything has worked out. I was just drunk and ribbing everyone for our bitching. Sometimes things do work out according to plan! Well so far so good anyway... Go Flyers!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would rather take the 2 seed and here s why. I like our favorable matchup vs the winner of the Leafs or Columbus. Montreal may be that team that is playing over their minds and riding a a hot Carey Price. Thoughts?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would rather take the 2 seed and here s why. I like our favorable matchup vs the winner of the Leafs or Columbus. Montreal may be that team that is playing over their minds and riding a a hot Carey Price. Thoughts?

I think the Flyers are in a pretty good spot. The Habs have some confidence, but they’re a bad team IMO. The Leafs are extremely flawed. They can’t do anything other than score pretty goals. And those aren’t as available in the playoffs. Take those away and you beat the leafs. The flyers can do that. And Columbus is almost the exact opposite, they can score when the other team doesn’t play defense. The Flyers play defense. Plus Werenski left the game last night and he’s their best player.

I’d love to beat the Bolts just for the confidence in case they play again later. But I’m pretty at ease with any first round opponent they Flyers can have at this point.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Habs aren't that good of a team, also the Pens aren't that great either. We have hot goaltending too and we have 4 lines we can roll, Montreal maybe 2.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin NAK is here to stay! Been loving this kid all season. He scored after each bong hits I did. Tried to keep the streak going but now I'm just baked and half drunk.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin NAK is here to stay! Been loving this kid all season. He scored after each bong hits I did. Tried to keep the streak going but now I'm just baked and half drunk.

Quick! Take another rip!