• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...those minor deals Fletcher made don’t move the needle :dhd:

Good sarcasm here. Grant and Thompson have fit in almost flawlessly and our depth top to bottom is unreal. You have to love this team right now. I feel like we can roll four lines against anyone and nobody can stop us.

I think the Rangers have a surprisingly good team (that is a bit top heavy without Kreider) and yet we've basically embarrassed them this season. Why? Because we're a little bit better in every single area. Pretty sure Panarin and Zibanejad were both on the ice for half of the 3rd period earlier, we sat back too much and it still wasn't enough to overcome our hefty lead.

Now if the slumping Capitals lose tonight, we will suddenly be able to steal the division lead from them outright with a win at their barn on Wednesday night. You have to love our chances too.

It's pretty absurd how quickly this has come together. Apparently all this team needed was an injection of free agent blood, another year of growth from the kids, a couple minor tweaks and a very experienced coaching staff to get them over the hump.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also honerable mention to Jake, he's played big last 3 games, Grant also had a decent game although he was on the ice for 2 goals against too. Three lines rolling strong.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good sarcasm here. Grant and Thompson have fit in almost flawlessly and our depth top to bottom is unreal. You have to love this team right now. I feel like we can roll four lines against anyone and nobody can stop us.

I think the Rangers have a surprisingly good team (that is a bit top heavy without Kreider) and yet we've basically embarrassed them this season. Why? Because we're a little bit better in every single area. Pretty sure Panarin and Zibanejad were both on the ice for half of the 3rd period earlier, we sat back too much and it still wasn't enough to overcome our hefty lead.

Now if the slumping Capitals lose tonight, we will suddenly be able to steal the division lead from them outright with a win at their barn on Wednesday night. You have to love our chances too.

It's pretty absurd how quickly this has come together. Apparently all this team needed was an injection of free agent blood, another year of growth from the kids, a couple minor tweaks and a very experienced coaching staff to get them over the hump.

The coaching staff has unlocked the talent. That has to feel good to the players.

Will give them a pass for taking foot off the gas in the third... Jake said it all in the Post Game with Boosh.

Eddie O., was pulling his best Pierre McG. imitation early, but with being a fan-boy of the Rags instead of the Pens.

Note: If/when we play the Rags again, we might want to cover Zibenajad. He's pretty good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in, the Flyers are pretty good and AV is a Dam n good coach. These are the same players we all criticized the past few years for being lazy and overpaid. Look at these guys now with the right coach and system.
These are not the same guys. We have 5 new defenseman and 3/4 different players in the bottom 6 and a new goalie.

But yes the Flyers are pretty good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LAS is buying !

And maybe going out West with time changes affects elite athletes after all --- Pansy-guins getting roughed up out there Crosby has zero points in 120 minutes.

I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful Power Play as Giroux's second goal.... all the Rags on ice for that one are in neck braces this morning with whiplash symptoms.... Let's bring the exact same game to MSG tomorrow !
Ill be happy to buy!!!! Bought for the hapless Rag fans friends in the bar yesterday.:suds:

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Leighton today as my first goal. I really hope we keep the winning streak going. Besides is done, but I think the Rags will rally behind him. They desperately need to win to have any chance for a wildcard. My gut tells me they win this in OT. I hope I'm wrong. Let's win this friggen game boys.:suds:
Laid the smackdown!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was checking out NHL Network and this guy was showing the Av's were the best transition team off the rush at both ends, they are a +160 in scoring chances, the Knights are second with a +116. That's a crazy margin. They are also number one in goals off the rush this season with a +31, next closest team is the Isles at a +13. Let's just say getting into an open ice affair is not a wise decision against them lol.
How about this for a crazy margin. The Flyers are still 20-1 to win the cup right now. Its worth a couple of bucks to bet on us.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff has unlocked the talent. That has to feel good to the players.

Will give them a pass for taking foot off the gas in the third... Jake said it all in the Post Game with Boosh.

Eddie O., was pulling his best Pierre McG. imitation early, but with being a fan-boy of the Rags instead of the Pens.

Note: If/when we play the Rags again, we might want to cover Zibenajad. He's pretty good.
:agree: 100% Fun fact: Zibanijad was drafted number 6 in 2011 and Couts was drafted number 8

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fun fact: In our last 10 games against the rags we have 9 wins. :yes::yes::yes:

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm i wonder why the PP is working for the last month and wasn't prior?
Not sure if you are serious or not...but it coincides with the coaching staff reverting G back to the left wall and Jake on the right wall...amazing what happens when you don't try to reinvent the wheel and go with whats been successful over the course of years. If only they would have listened to this board on this subject earlier in the year...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Grant with his 2 point game yesterday also won 7 of 10 faceoffs. Not a bad game for the new guy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are serious or not...but it coincides with the coaching staff reverting G back to the left wall and Jake on the right wall...amazing what happens when you don't try to reinvent the wheel and go with whats been successful over the course of years. If only they would have listened to this board on this subject earlier in the year...
This is true. It also reverts back to getting the anchor off of PP1 and out from clogging up the net front and having space to make the cross ice passes. Puck movement is so much better.