• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely aren't headliner moves. But they do fit the 'tough to play against' mold that AV/Fletch seem to be trying to fit the Flyers in to. Teams have had to earn goals against the Flyers lately, and these guys will only help. And if they don't, they gave up 4th and 5th round picks. Who cares.

I like the way they're built. I think the style they want to play, wins playoff games. And if the bottom 6 can continue stifling offense and other teams have their best chances against Hayes/Couturier, the Flyers are in pretty damn good shape.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Columbus struggled to beat Ottawa tonight and the Sens were short 2-3 players for most of the game. Idk how they expect to be able to score enough goals down the stretch to make the playoffs and then be a threat, especially considering all of the critical injuries they are dealing with.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone feel we should've also added a depth defenseman as we arent very deep back there?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely aren't headliner moves. But they do fit the 'tough to play against' mold that AV/Fletch seem to be trying to fit the Flyers in to. Teams have had to earn goals against the Flyers lately, and these guys will only help. And if they don't, they gave up 4th and 5th round picks. Who cares.

I like the way they're built. I think the style they want to play, wins playoff games. And if the bottom 6 can continue stifling offense and other teams have their best chances against Hayes/Couturier, the Flyers are in pretty damn good shape.
Agree 100%

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone feel we should've also added a depth defenseman as we arent very deep back there?

I definitely see your point. They've been pretty lucky overall in terms of injuries to defensemen this year, so not much in the way of call-ups getting in some NHL games. I took a look at the Phantoms roster and was surprised at just how much NHL experience has been stashed down there. List of defensemen and number of NHL games of experience:

Nate Prosser - 354
Chris Bigras - 46
Andy Welinski - 33
Tyler Wotherspoon - 30
Mark Friedman - 7

So ultimately, I can see why they didn't add any further depth but it was a good thought to be concerned about it. Fingers crossed on the injury front moving forward.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Columbus struggled to beat Ottawa tonight and the Sens were short 2-3 players for most of the game. Idk how they expect to be able to score enough goals down the stretch to make the playoffs and then be a threat, especially considering all of the critical injuries they are dealing with.

Have to take care of SJ tonight. Flyers are a huge favorite --- but this is a classic "trap" game with the Home & Home coming up against the very hot Rags

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely see your point. They've been pretty lucky overall in terms of injuries to defensemen this year, so not much in the way of call-ups getting in some NHL games. I took a look at the Phantoms roster and was surprised at just how much NHL experience has been stashed down there. List of defensemen and number of NHL games of experience:

Nate Prosser - 354
Chris Bigras - 46
Andy Welinski - 33
Tyler Wotherspoon - 30
Mark Friedman - 7

So ultimately, I can see why they didn't add any further depth but it was a good thought to be concerned about it. Fingers crossed on the injury front moving forward.
:thumb:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although i dont like that it came at the expense of Farabee im very happy that we got bigger and more gritty.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nate Prosser - 354
Chris Bigras - 46
Andy Welinski - 33
Tyler Wotherspoon - 30
Mark Friedman - 7

I forgot to look at NHL playoff game experience - Prosser (25), Wotherspoon (6) and Welinski (3).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to look at NHL playoff game experience - Prosser (25), Wotherspoon (6) and Welinski (3).
I think Mark Friedman played well when he has had to step up for us and trust that if we need him he could be our 8th without having had to trade for someone yesterday.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go with the Anchor and his pantented move.

doubling down - wow.

it’s TK for me.

The Flyers are 13-5-1 since Jan. 8 with a league-high 68 goals scored and continue to strengthen their playoff position.

let’s make it 14 wins and 72 goals.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I mentioned that the other day. I think Columbus is history now with crucial injuries. I'm just not sure who gets the second wild card? CARolina?