• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we could re-sign Simmonds at a real discounted rate? After his last 2 seasons and his dismal if any playoff performances he couldn't be that big on demand. Thoughts?

It makes me sad to say this, but honestly I'm not that interested in bringing Simmonds back. He's never been very good 5 on 5 and he's lost a step. He only provides two things, a net front presence and leadership. JvR can replace his net front presence on PP1 and they have options for PP2. Leadership-wise, it didn't work with him the past few years, so I don't think he's really an answer there either. (Not that I hold him personally responsible, but it's not like he's the missing piece)

I wouldn't be upset if they brought Simmonds back, but I have higher hopes.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me sad to say this, but honestly I'm not that interested in bringing Simmonds back. He's never been very good 5 on 5 and he's lost a step. He only provides two things, a net front presence and leadership. JvR can replace his net front presence on PP1 and they have options for PP2. Leadership-wise, it didn't work with him the past few years, so I don't think he's really an answer there either. (Not that I hold him personally responsible, but it's not like he's the missing piece)

I've always loved Simmer on this team, but I'm with you. I see no reason to bring him back. I will always cherish the memories, especially when he dropped the gloves protecting his guys. Now as of today, I'm waiting to see Fletcher get aggressive once FA opens up. I want to see him aggressive at the draft. I want to see a bold and ballsy move via trade possibly. I saw somewhere PK Subban for Voracek. I would love this move. Can you imagine PK andand Provorov of on ice together. Sanheim and Ghost on next line?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always loved Simmer on this team, but I'm with you. I see no reason to bring him back. I will always cherish the memories, especially when he dropped the gloves protecting his guys. Now as of today, I'm waiting to see Fletcher get aggressive once FA opens up. I want to see him aggressive at the draft. I want to see a bold and ballsy move via trade possibly. I saw somewhere PK Subban for Voracek. I would love this move. Can you imagine PK andand Provorov of on ice together. Sanheim and Ghost on next line?

I'm with you guys, if he came back at a severe reduced price maybe but not to be a key cog of this team going forward.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK now with Columbus out and being that they traded away their future for a cup run this season they may have a rebuild on their hands if the UFAs dont sign there.

What do you think we would have to do to steal Seth Jones from them? They are in serious need of draft picks.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK now with Columbus out and being that they traded away their future for a cup run this season they may have a rebuild on their hands if the UFAs dont sign there.

What do you think we would have to do to steal Seth Jones from them? They are in serious need of draft picks.

No way they trade him.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to see us sign a player or two for cash and not give up any up and comers or draft picks. If picks were involved and we were going all in I'd opt for a better option than Jones. Just my opinion.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see us sign a player or two for cash and not give up any up and comers or draft picks. If picks were involved and we were going all in I'd opt for a better option than Jones. Just my opinion.
Seth Jones is 24 years old is right handed has 46 points locked up 3 more years at 5.4 million per season. Below is a list of UFAs which would not cost us anything.I dont see anyone on this list that would jump out as better except for Karlsson and he will cost 9-10 million per season.

2019 NHL Free Agents Tracker

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they trade him.
I would tend to agree with this but im looking at next season and they only have a third round pick and no other picks.The seaon after they have a conditional first and no 2nd or 3rd round picks. If they lose bob Panarin and Duchene they would basically be in rebuild mode. On their cap page it shows just how bad their draft is going to be the next two seasons

Columbus Blue Jackets - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones is 24 years old is right handed has 46 points locked up 3 more years at 5.4 million per season. Below is a list of UFAs which would not cost us anything.I dont see anyone on this list that would jump out as better except for Karlsson and he will cost 9-10 million per season.

2019 NHL Free Agents Tracker
Well if it was between him and Karllson I'll take Jones everytime. Karllson is highly over rated IMO. Another Shea Weber. I've been watching Landeskog own that dude game in and game out.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you do this trade?
flyers trade 2019 1st round pick 11 overall, 3rd rounder in 2019 , and Ghost for... Winnipeg
Trouba and Perault.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you do this trade?
flyers trade 2019 1st round pick 11 overall, 3rd rounder in 2019 , and Ghost for... Winnipeg
Trouba and Perault.
For both? Hell yes. Picks are never a garuantee so it's basically more risky on their part then ours.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you do this trade?
Trouba and Perault.
Im not sure.

Basically this would boil down to:
Ghost and a third round pick for Trouba
Perrault for the 11th pick

I wouldn't do it but hey you never know after missing the playoffs again we need to do something.