• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget about Braun's 4 million waste of salary cap space
Yes that to. Oh well if we can get a few short term deals done, JVR and Braun will fall off in a couple years unless we can trade JVR at the deadline.:hope:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in my humble opinion, TK is the MVP of this season so far, I love the kids play on both sides of the ice. He digs pucks out of the corners and competes the whole time he's on the ice. Lovin this kid.

I agree as well. He's been the offensive catalyst at the very least. By leaps and bounds IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget about Braun's 4 million waste of salary cap space

Braun (3.8) comes off at the end of the year, so at least there's that. Elliot also (2M) and Gudas' retention (1M). So they'll have some money out there for next year. Lindblom, Patrick, Myers, and Frost are the notable re-sign guys. Could get pretty tight, though I don't expect any of those guys to break the bank at this point in their careers (barring huge outbursts the rest of the season).

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun (3.8) comes off at the end of the year, so at least there's that. Elliot also (2M) and Gudas' retention (1M). So they'll have some money out there for next year. Lindblom, Patrick, Myers, and Frost are the notable re-sign guys. Could get pretty tight, though I don't expect any of those guys to break the bank at this point in their careers (barring huge outbursts the rest of the season).

Staying under the cap isn't an issue moving forward. It's because we have a lot of home grown talent that is sticking with the big club. These guys obviously have very cheap entry level deals for a few seasons and even then can be signed to bridge deals for far less than big money.

After this season and next, we'll have at least $28M to fill out the roster (11-13 players). That's very doable with our core largely intact, bridge deals and young talent still on the way. I don't at all see our free agent signings being an issue throughout the end of their contracts.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice to have a stud center like Couts only making 4.3 :yes:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Andreoff down to LV and Hagg back to the sidelines when Laughton is back on Saturday.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that to. Oh well if we can get a few short term deals done, JVR and Braun will fall off in a couple years unless we can trade JVR at the deadline.:hope:
Nobody is taking on the last three years of JVR contract so forget a deadline deal. We can only hope Seattle takes him in the expansion draft.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice to have a stud center like Couts only making 4.3 :yes:

It's huge. Player+contract, there are very few players that bring more value to a team than Couturier IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is taking on the last three years of JVR contract so forget a deadline deal. We can only hope Seattle takes him in the expansion draft.

The expansion draft is going to be interesting for the Flyers. I would not be surprised if they lost JvR or Voracek. If I were the Flyers, I would probably expose both of them. They will likely have to lose a talented player with all the developing talent they have. If you're going to lose one for nothing, you might as well lose an expensive one.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expansion draft is going to be interesting for the Flyers. I would not be surprised if they lost JvR or Voracek. If I were the Flyers, I would probably expose both of them. They will likely have to lose a talented player with all the developing talent they have. If you're going to lose one for nothing, you might as well lose an expensive one.
I agree 100 % both of those players should be exposed. I would also expose Hayes because although he is a very good player we gave him both years and money when it should've been one or the other

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100 % both of those players should be exposed. I would also expose Hayes because although he is a very good player we gave him both years and money when it should've been one or the other
If it comes down to JVR or Hayes I'm keeping Hayes. It was funny last night when he scored the empty netter, the announcers were all saying, Hayes gets a goal and now he'll get it going. I fell out of my chair laughing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes down to JVR or Hayes I'm keeping Hayes. It was funny last night when he scored the empty netter, the announcers were all saying, Hayes gets a goal and now he'll get it going. I fell out of my chair laughing.

I was happy he got it. It doesn't guarantee he gets it going now, but it can't hurt!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at the expansion draft here, for funsies..

Rules:
Can protect 7 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 1 goalie OR 8 skaters (dmen and forwards) and one goalie.

All players with NMC's have to be protected.

1st and 2nd year players and all unsigned draft choices will be exempt. (Believe that includes AHL time)

Have to expose one dman and two forwards who are under contract in 21-22 and played in 40 games the prior season or 70 the prior 2 seasons.

Have to expose one goalie under contract in 21-22 or will be an RFA.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for the 21-22 season the Flyers have:

Giroux (NMC)
Voracek
Hayes (NMC)
Konecny
Couturier
Farabee
Frost
Provorov
Ghost

Signed.

Safe to assume the following will also be signed:
Lindblom
Sanheim
Myers
Hart

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it came down to JVR or Hayes i think its obvious that Hayes is the keeper.

Im glad he got that empty netter he needed something to go right offensively.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for the 21-22 season the Flyers have:

Giroux (NMC)
Voracek
Hayes (NMC)
Konecny
Couturier
Farabee
Frost
Provorov
Ghost

Signed.

Safe to assume the following will also be signed:
Lindblom
Sanheim
Myers
Hart
Ghost i think would be another player exposed.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who started their professional career this year (Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe), or hasn't started it yet (York), will be exempt.

So I think you're looking at:

No doubters (4F, 2D, 1 G):
Giroux (NMC)
Hayes (NMC)
Couturier
Konecny
Provorov
Sanheim (assuming re-signed)
Hart (assuming re-signed)

Decision Time:
Voracek
JvR
Lindblom (assuming re-signed)
Myers (assuming re-signed)
Gostisbehere
Patrick (assuming he's re-signed)
Laughton (if he's re-signed before then)

I've got high hopes that Myers becomes a 'No Doubter' giving you the 3 dmen.
The decision to me probably depends on what Ghost's next year+ looks like.

If Ghost is what he's been the last 18 months, you probably go 7-3-1 and expose Ghost. Then you can protect 3 of Voracek, JvR, Lindblom, Patrick, and Laughton. Lindblom and Patrick are easy choices, so then you protect 1 of Laughton, Voracek, and JvR. I love Laughton, but it does seem silly to protect a likely 4th liner. So maybe that 7th forward is someone that comes in between now and then. Expose Voracek, JvR, Ghost, and Laughton.

If Ghost finds the offensive stud form and you want to protect him, you go 8 skaters and then you're done. That exposes Voracek, JvR, Lindblom, Patrick, and Laughton.

As of today, I would definitely go 7-3-1 and expose Voracek, JvR, and Ghost. That keeps Lindblom and Patrick in the fold.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who started their professional career this year (Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe), or hasn't started it yet (York), will be exempt.

So I think you're looking at:

No doubters (4F, 2D, 1 G):
Giroux (NMC)
Hayes (NMC)
Couturier
Konecny
Provorov
Sanheim (assuming re-signed)
Hart (assuming re-signed)

Decision Time:
Voracek
JvR
Lindblom (assuming re-signed)
Myers (assuming re-signed)
Gostisbehere
Patrick (assuming he's re-signed)
Laughton (if he's re-signed before then)

I've got high hopes that Myers becomes a 'No Doubter' giving you the 3 dmen.
The decision to me probably depends on what Ghost's next year+ looks like.

If Ghost is what he's been the last 18 months, you probably go 7-3-1 and expose Ghost. Then you can protect 3 of Voracek, JvR, Lindblom, Patrick, and Laughton. Lindblom and Patrick are easy choices, so then you protect 1 of Laughton, Voracek, and JvR. I love Laughton, but it does seem silly to protect a likely 4th liner. So maybe that 7th forward is someone that comes in between now and then. Expose Voracek, JvR, Ghost, and Laughton.

If Ghost finds the offensive stud form and you want to protect him, you go 8 skaters and then you're done. That exposes Voracek, JvR, Lindblom, Patrick, and Laughton.

As of today, I would definitely go 7-3-1 and expose Voracek, JvR, and Ghost. That keeps Lindblom and Patrick in the fold.
I will agree with this assessment 100 %. Not keeping Lindblom and Patrick over the other three would be terrible planning by our GM's and coches.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you tech guys here. My android is showing its wear and I'm upgrading my phone without breaking the bank. I'm switching over to the iPhone 6s plus and wanted to get your opinion. How many use the iPhone in general?