• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I think we are not going to get much more out of Patrick. If he comes back I think he worries too much and his career suffers

If Crosby can spend 3 years getting over concussions and come back and be one of the best in the game again, I think Patrick can come back from a couple months off dealing with migraines.

I'm not really worried about him long term (aside from the lost year of development). I'm losing faith he plays much this year, but I think they get it figured out eventually.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you suppose goes through JVR's mind when he's on the ice and all he can do is watch the other 9 skaters blow by him in both directions, or should I say hears the 'whoosh'.
I have to say i thought he actually moved his feet last night. He may have even been the best 4th liner out there. :pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Crosby can spend 3 years getting over concussions and come back and be one of the best in the game again, I think Patrick can come back from a couple months off dealing with migraines.

I'm not really worried about him long term (aside from the lost year of development). I'm losing faith he plays much this year, but I think they get it figured out eventually.
Your analogy is apples and oranges

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your analogy is apples and oranges

Closest comparison we have as far as I know? Do you know any NHL players, with high end upside, that ended their career at 21 because of migraines?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woo!! That game was fun! I'll admit, I was calling for AV to pull Elliot after he allowed the 2nd goal on the 2nd Canes shot. He battled back though, and the team rallied for him.

HUGE game from the Giroux-Frost-Konecny line. They were extremely fun to watch.

No JvR jersey for me. Giroux is my only jersey, I've had it since maybe '08 or '09? He came through big last night for me!

Those Frost and Konecny passes for Giroux's goals were both fantastic.
You are 1-0 this season at going to games you may have to travel for all the road games. Gee looked like hes 25 again playing without that anchor JVR on his left wing. I have to assume your next jersey will be a Frost jersey.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closest comparison we have as far as I know? Do you know any NHL players, with high end upside, that ended their career at 21 because of migraines?
I dont think he will be ending his career because of migranes. He will be back im sure.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are 1-0 this season at going to games you may have to travel for all the road games. Gee looked like hes 25 again playing without that anchor JVR on his left wing. I have to assume your next jersey will be a Frost jersey.

Haha, 1-1 actually. I went to the Stars game in Philly too :spy:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you are right, I just am not totally sold on him yet, I hope he turns out to be great. Sid did develope his symptoms later in his career though so his game was already too notch, also Patrick is not on the same level as Sid, although I get your comparison.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frost is definitely on the short list. Frost or Konecny probably.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott WTF in the first period. That win was so good last night even Braun found a way to be a plus 1. Hagg in for Andreoff interesting move to double shift Couts and Gee and others on the 4th line.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right, I just am not totally sold on him yet, I hope he turns out to be great. Did did develope his symptoms later in his career though so his game was already too notch, also Patrick is not on the same level as Sid, although I get your comparison.

Oh ya, didn't mean to say Patrick was or ever will be Sid-like in talent. Just saying, he should be able to play hockey again. Frost's callup gives me a little doubt that it will be any time in the next couple months though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott WTF in the first period. That win was so good last night even Braun found a way to be a plus 1. Hagg in for Andreoff interesting move to double shift Couts and Gee and others on the 4th line.

I normally hate the 11F/7D lineup, but I kinda liked it last night. If Jake could've stayed out of the box in the 1st, he actually looked like he had some jump. And he was the one double shifting a lot in the 1st.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya, didn't mean to say Patrick was or ever will be Sid-like in talent. Just saying, he should be able to play hockey again. Frost's callup gives me a little doubt that it will be any time in the next couple months though.
Shoot, as long as Frost keeps going like he is, and some others get going we may be forgetting Nolan quickly lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in my humble opinion, TK is the MVP of this season so far, I love the kids play on both sides of the ice. He digs pucks out of the corners and competes the whole time he's on the ice. Lovin this kid.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in my humble opinion, TK is the MVP of this season so far, I love the kids play on both sides of the ice. He digs pucks out of the corners and competes the whole time he's on the ice. Lovin this kid.
TK is a stud. I wish we had 10 players with his heart. :nod: