• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of what makes me even more excited about the recent run. I was excited for this year because Couturier, Hayes, Patrick, Laughton was a solid group of centers and it meant our top 9 wingers were all likely solid as well because you could move G out there.

This recent run has been done without 2 of those 4 centers. Laughton is skating again (I think) and should be back in the next week or two. Who knows about Patrick, but it's still promising they look this good with just 2 of the projected centers for the year.

Guys like Giroux, Voracek, JvR and Hayes can (and probably will) produce a lot more too offensively. This team can get a lot better yet with the return to form of some vets, the return of Patrick/Laughton from injury and the improvement of the youngsters throughout the season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch Andreoff with some young talent, he's no better than having Pitlik out there. At least give a youngster a chance to show some stuff.

What I've liked so much about AV/Fletch through 17 games is they have done that. Vorobyov had a couple chances. Bunnaman had a couple chances. Rubtsov had a chance. In addition to Pitlick and Stewart getting a shot.

IMO, it's been about as wide open and fair as can be in the 4th line battle spot. I appreciate that style of roster management, even if I'd rather see Rubtsov get a longer look or Aube-Kubel to get a look. In the absence of Laughton, only the Andreoff, Raffl, Pitlick combo could get anything decent going. And we're trying to win games night in and night out, so they keep their spots.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I've liked so much about AV/Fletch through 17 games is they have done that. Vorobyov had a couple chances. Bunnaman had a couple chances. Rubtsov had a chance. In addition to Pitlick and Stewart getting a shot.

IMO, it's been about as wide open and fair as can be in the 4th line battle spot. I appreciate that style of roster management, even if I'd rather see Rubtsov get a longer look or Aube-Kubel to get a look. In the absence of Laughton, only the Andreoff, Raffl, Pitlick combo could get anything decent going. And we're trying to win games night in and night out, so they keep their spots.

And I don't think Frost plays 4th line in the NHL. They want him playing lots of minutes. If/when he comes up, it will be in a top 9 role. So maybe you bring him up as your 3C, move Giroux to wing, Hayes up, and Twarynski down to the 4th line. I'm open to that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the 3rd of the phantoms game! The ole morning game for them today, down 2-1.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch Andreoff with some young talent, he's no better than having Pitlik out there. At least give a youngster a chance to show some stuff.
Both Pitlick and Andreoff have played very well the last two games with Raffl

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will only catch 1st period tonight... will be flying to frozen central Illinois....

Going with Lindblom

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be wrong to take Gudas tonight????

After all, we are still paying him....:dhd:

I'll take Konecny.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Provorov tonight.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forwards

JVR — Giroux — Farabee

Lindblom — Couturier — Konecny

Twarynski — Hayes — Voracek

Andreoff — Raffl — Pitlick

Defense

Provorov — Niskanen

Gostisbehere — Braun

Sanheim — Myers

Goalie

Hart

(Elliott)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is showing a ton of progress. I know we lost in the skills contest, but we still got a huge point. Hart was awesome again. Not many teams will beat the Caps in the shootout.