• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 - 20 NFL thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve basically given up on 590, which is insane considering they were winning basically every category in the local ratings this time last year. Replaced McCown with a simulcast of Tim & Sid, they’re losing the battle of shitty ex Leafs in the morning and I’m pretty sure they’re losing at 10 am to TSN’s simulcasting Dan Patrick lol.

I have no idea wtf happened there but it’s been strange.

“someone” told me rogers is giving serious consideration to a format change away from sports talk radio for 650 in vancouver. Wild considering they have radio rights for the canucks. I still think theyll bring in dave pratt before they fold up shop

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“someone” told me rogers is giving serious consideration to a format change away from sports talk radio for 650 in vancouver. Wild considering they have radio rights for the canucks. I still think theyll bring in dave pratt before they fold up shop
I’m guessing Canucks radio was done by a news station before 650 got it though? I know at least half of Leafs were on 640 as recently as ten years ago and the only sports radio they had was Leafs Lunch with Bill Watters lol.

Anyway, that is to say they could just use that as a lure for the off-peak hours the way radio stations used to.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th round pick - I think the Vikings win this trade.
Except that this isn't the Bills usual top-15 pick.

Obviously I've got my Labatt colo(u)red glasses on, but I'm good with the price. Bills needed a legit WR and were only drafting 22nd. So despite a strong WR class, no guarantees at that point. He's also under contract for four more years.

EDIT: The "four more years" part is especially relevant given that he makes barely half what they're saying Cooper is going to get. Cooper is better, for sure, but he isn't 90% better.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Colts pay $25 million for THIRTY EIGHT YEAR OLD Phillip Rivers

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$30M a season

I was causing a fit in the NFL forum about this because it was only one source (FOX Sports) saying this and I turned on the NFL network and nothing.

Took me a few hours till another source chimed in.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$30M a season
This is disappointing to me only because I really wanted him to end up on one of the teams I hate so I could cheer extra hard for it to end up in disaster.

I mean, I'm no Tampa fan, but I don't hate them like I do the Jets or Cowboys. I could have even appreciated the Falcons trolling their own fans.