• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 - 20 NFL thread

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch is showing out. He’s the #2 QB to me after this game.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At US$150, how did they even get that many people to go??

I paid less than that for the season opener at MetLife. Granted, it's Bills vs. Jets, but still...
Reminds me of the "Bills in Toronto" series where the few Bills fans who live here as it is were charged more than double the prices at the Ralph 90 minutes down the road to watch regular season Bills/Jets games in a shittier environment.

And then they held the poor attendance up a "NFL football can't work in Toronto" example. Bang up job, Rogers.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of the "Bills in Toronto" series where the few Bills fans who live here as it is were charged more than double the prices at the Ralph 90 minutes down the road to watch regular season Bills/Jets games in a shittier environment.

And then they held the poor attendance up a "NFL football can't work in Toronto" example. Bang up job, Rogers.
As bad as that experiment was, it at least - kinda, I guess - made sense since it's the same approximate media market.

But unless I'm missing the boat here, there's really no connection between Winnipeg and either of those teams, right? Or are people in Winnipeg generally Packers fans for some reason?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as that experiment was, it at least - kinda, I guess - made sense since it's the same approximate media market.

But unless I'm missing the boat here, there's really no connection between Winnipeg and either of those teams, right? Or are people in Winnipeg generally Packers fans for some reason?
Going by proximity Minny is closer but who knows.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know people in Thunder Bay are more inclined to be Vikings fans. And based on proximity as BBB said Winnipeg would fall under the same umbrella. I don't know what TV coverage Winnipeg gets though. It could be that they get Wisconsin channels, which would probably tip the scales in favour of the Packers.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people in Thunder Bay are more inclined to be Vikings fans. And based on proximity as BBB said Winnipeg would fall under the same umbrella. I don't know what TV coverage Winnipeg gets though. It could be that they get Wisconsin channels, which would probably tip the scales in favour of the Packers.
The MTS channel lineup shows all of their local US affiliates as from Minny except for ABC (Grand Forks, ND).

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going by proximity Minny is closer but who knows.

Yeah, the Vikings would've been my guess based on geography, but I don't know anyone from Winnipeg, so...

I guess they figured they could rely entirely on the Packers name to draw people.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

They both know cold!