• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Raiders thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a motorcycle guy. My dad is an insurance agent and that is the one vehicle he absolutely hates. Too many people killed on them so always been terrified of riding one.
I love my Harley dude. I had a problem with it and was seeking some advice from all. I got it fixed dude, and back in the game.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kolton Miller is pretty dang good!! The Rams and Broncos got nothing on him. SHUT OUT!!

6-9 320

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have homer glasses on cd. I just call it as i see it.
It was a good game man. Went down to the last seconds.

This RAIDER team is getting better as they learn the systems on both sides of the ball.

Pretty sure you have been called one of the biggest homers on this entire website but you wouldn't be Idaho without thinking otherwise.
Imean to me I look at that game and I see the Broncos had a strip sack in the game negated by a ticky tack call down the field.
They had a 40 yard pass first ruled a catch that got overturned (right call) that even the announcers said it was a huge missed call of pass interference where the defender karate chopped the WR's arm a full second before the ball got there.
Broncos had 2 TD's overturned.

I mean those are all game changing calls there that went against the Broncos. I don't remember a single one that went against the Raiders that was as close as most of those. You say Keenum didn't get in on the TD but you know that is ridiculous to even say. He was in by quite a ways and I don't even know why they chose to review it. I guess because it was a big moment in the game but still it was easy to see he scored a TD.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my Harley dude. I had a problem with it and was seeking some advice from all. I got it fixed dude, and back in the game.

Well just be careful on it. Personally I won't ever own a motorcycle and will never encourage people to get one. Lost too many friends to those things to feel good about somebody riding one.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you have been called one of the biggest homers on this entire website but you wouldn't be Idaho without thinking otherwise.
Imean to me I look at that game and I see the Broncos had a strip sack in the game negated by a ticky tack call down the field.
They had a 40 yard pass first ruled a catch that got overturned (right call) that even the announcers said it was a huge missed call of pass interference where the defender karate chopped the WR's arm a full second before the ball got there.
Broncos had 2 TD's overturned.

I mean those are all game changing calls there that went against the Broncos. I don't remember a single one that went against the Raiders that was as close as most of those. You say Keenum didn't get in on the TD but you know that is ridiculous to even say. He was in by quite a ways and I don't even know why they chose to review it. I guess because it was a big moment in the game but still it was easy to see he scored a TD.
Im not buying that homer argument you are trying to make. Sure i support the RAIDERS but that don't make me a homer. If that's the case then everybody that supports teams are indeed homers as well.

Anyways, Keenum did get in but was his knee down before he did is the thing. It looked like it was down before he crossed the line.
And how do you figure the refs took two TDs from you guys? You trippin right there dude.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just be careful on it. Personally I won't ever own a motorcycle and will never encourage people to get one. Lost too many friends to those things to feel good about somebody riding one.
I wear gear man and i am careful. But ya i hear you dude.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say Keenum didn't get in on the TD but you know that is ridiculous to even say.

If you are talking about that pass to Sutton I have to disagree there. I think his foot was 100% in bounds at first (I thought it was a TD) but then it slid out before his knee touched. There were other spots that I think Denver had far more legitimate gripes over... I think Lynch got a first down when he was about 1/2 a yard short for example.

That being said getting screwed by the refs is a Raiders pass time so its hard to sympathize but all things considered I (and I am sure everyone else) would prefer a cleanly called game above all. Either way Broncos overcame challenges and Raiders shat the bed, not taking advantage of their opportunities. That's the game.

On a different note, I am watching that Vikings/Packers game on NFL repay and W - T - F was that call against Clay? Are you kidding me? Scooped and what? I can't see how Clay plays that any differently - I mean what do you want him to do? Other than some bad calls that was a pretty fun game to watch (especially not caring who won). I wonder how fast Carlson got bounced.. like they just threw his crap out of the locker room and didn't let him shower.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh - and that last drive by the Broncos...

SOOO glad we traded Mack so we had money to sign Tahir Whitehead. He looked awesome on that drive.. should have been wearing orange.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking about that pass to Sutton I have to disagree there. I think his foot was 100% in bounds at first (I thought it was a TD) but then it slid out before his knee touched. There were other spots that I think Denver had far more legitimate gripes over... I think Lynch got a first down when he was about 1/2 a yard short for example.

That being said getting screwed by the refs is a Raiders pass time so its hard to sympathize but all things considered I (and I am sure everyone else) would prefer a cleanly called game above all. Either way Broncos overcame challenges and Raiders shat the bed, not taking advantage of their opportunities. That's the game.

On a different note, I am watching that Vikings/Packers game on NFL repay and W - T - F was that call against Clay? Are you kidding me? Scooped and what? I can't see how Clay plays that any differently - I mean what do you want him to do? Other than some bad calls that was a pretty fun game to watch (especially not caring who won). I wonder how fast Carlson got bounced.. like they just threw his crap out of the locker room and didn't let him shower.

That isn't the play that we were talking about. We were talking about the 4th down run by Keenum for a TD where he dove for the goal line. Idaho says he was down before he crossed the goal line and I'm saying that is crazy to even think about. It is easy to see he is across the goal line and in for a TD.

Yes that play to Sutton is a close one that I thought they would probably keep it the same as what they called on the field which was an incomplete.

As for the Packers/Vikings game I honestly haven't watched it yet. I've seen the play they called roughing the passer and yeah not a big fan of that call. The refs are getting too crazy at protecting the QB's. Not sure what else you want him to do on that play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh - and that last drive by the Broncos...

SOOO glad we traded Mack so we had money to sign Tahir Whitehead. He looked awesome on that drive.. should have been wearing orange.

It was easy to see the Raiders had nothing left on defense during that last drive. The pass rush pretty much just stood up on every play and waited for the football to be thrown. The coverage units just played off as much as they could hoping the ball wouldn't come their direction. That 110 degree temp on the field caught up to them.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was easy to see the Raiders had nothing left on defense during that last drive. The pass rush pretty much just stood up on every play and waited for the football to be thrown. The coverage units just played off as much as they could hoping the ball wouldn't come their direction. That 110 degree temp on the field caught up to them.
98 degrees in that thin Colorado air is the true home field advantage. It's not easy to win there for any team. And even then the RAIDERS gave that game away. 4-1 and we go for it, Gruden calls the perfect play and Carr who was 29-32 throws the perfect pass and Keith Smith drops the ball. Make that catch and it's ball game. We should of blown you guys out in all truth. Let a team linger at home and good chance teams lose. See it all the time.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some seem to forget that the Broncos have a good defense while playing at home. The only time the Broncos lead in that game was when the clock hit zero, and that's the only thing that matters.
Our rebuilt defense that's still learning Guenthers system shut down Keenum, picked him, etc. Defense was not the problem.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98 degrees in that thin Colorado air is the true home field advantage. It's not easy to win there for any team. And even then the RAIDERS gave that game away. 4-1 and we go for it, Gruden calls the perfect play and Carr who was 29-32 throws the perfect pass and Keith Smith drops the ball. Make that catch and it's ball game. We should of blown you guys out in all truth. Let a team linger at home and good chance teams lose. See it all the time.

Blown us out? Have you seen how your offense operates? It is not an offense built to blow anybody out. It is a ball control offense built to get the ball out of the hands of Carr and run a power blocking scheme for the run game. That usually leads to a lower scoring offense but eliminates as many opportunities to make mistakes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some seem to forget that the Broncos have a good defense while playing at home. The only time the Broncos lead in that game was when the clock hit zero, and that's the only thing that matters.
Our rebuilt defense that's still learning Guenthers system shut down Keenum, picked him, etc. Defense was not the problem.

You realize right that teams haven't really known what style of offense and defense the Raiders are going to run this year. Not enough tape on what they want to do yet. So teams have played cautiously in the 1st half trying to figure out what the Raiders want to do. Second half they make adjustments and boom light up the scoreboard while shutting down the Raiders on offense.

The Raiders have scored 13 and 12 points in the 1st half of their first games. Second half they have only scored 7 total points.

On the other side they gave up 23 and 20 points in the two games in the second half. Teams as they figure out the Raiders and can actually attack in the 1st half because of knowing what the Raiders want to do will start seeing a lot more 1st half scoring.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize right that teams haven't really known what style of offense and defense the Raiders are going to run this year. Not enough tape on what they want to do yet. So teams have played cautiously in the 1st half trying to figure out what the Raiders want to do. Second half they make adjustments and boom light up the scoreboard while shutting down the Raiders on offense.

The Raiders have scored 13 and 12 points in the 1st half of their first games. Second half they have only scored 7 total points.

On the other side they gave up 23 and 20 points in the two games in the second half. Teams as they figure out the Raiders and can actually attack in the 1st half because of knowing what the Raiders want to do will start seeing a lot more 1st half scoring.
Do you think Kay Adams is hot? I think she's a babe!

Remember when i told you we couldn't fit both Carr and Mack under the cap and still build a team around them? Hmm

I'll respond to the rest of that post later.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Kay Adams is hot? I think she's a babe!

Remember when i told you we couldn't fit both Carr and Mack under the cap and still build a team around them? Hmm

I'll respond to the rest of that post later.

She is good looking for sure. As for Carr and Mack under the same cap it was always going to be hard to build a team for sure with two guys taking up that much cap space. I would say though I think the Raiders picked the wrong one. Carr isn't a top-10 QB in the league that can carry a team to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying Mack is but I just think he is the better overall player of the two.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is good looking for sure. As for Carr and Mack under the same cap it was always going to be hard to build a team for sure with two guys taking up that much cap space. I would say though I think the Raiders picked the wrong one. Carr isn't a top-10 QB in the league that can carry a team to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying Mack is but I just think he is the better overall player of the two.
Picked the wrong guy? Lol
Carr was coming off being 3rd in the MVP voting and a 12-4 record. He broke his leg or he might of had a chance to play in the SB.
Not win a SB? Again, Lol. Foles just won a SB, so just stop it with that type of nonsense cd.
Last year Carr broke his back and we had locker room issues with the coaches and players. Much different this year with a solid coaching staff in place that will be here for some time. How ya like that 29-32 one TD and no picks? And let's not forget those numbers didn't come from some rebuilding defense like Seattle but the Denver Broncos. It always seems funny to me how fans are? One bad year and they throw players away like trash.
Carr is just getting started. Now im sure he will have some bad games like ALL QBs, but Carr will be just fine.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr has had one good year and a number of pedestrian seasons. His arrow is pointing down. On the other hand, Khalil Mack is a game wrecker and will go down as one of the best defensive players or our time. The QB position is the most important one on the field but in this case, I wouldn't be so quick to label him the 2nd coming of Stabler/Plunkett/Gannon. He still has much to prove.

Carr had a GREAT first half against the Broncos. His stats were great but it was all dink and dunk. The best way to minimize Denver's strong pass rush. Once halftime adjustments were made, Derek Carr didn't look all that great.

Carr is a decent QB but I would currently place him at about the same place as Keenum. If he develops into something better, then I'll change my opinion but for now, that's where he's at. Outside of one fan who goes by idahoraiderfan33, most people would agree with this assessment.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked the wrong guy? Lol
Carr was coming off being 3rd in the MVP voting and a 12-4 record. He broke his leg or he might of had a chance to play in the SB.
Not win a SB? Again, Lol. Foles just won a SB, so just stop it with that type of nonsense cd.
Last year Carr broke his back and we had locker room issues with the coaches and players. Much different this year with a solid coaching staff in place that will be here for some time. How ya like that 29-32 one TD and no picks? And let's not forget those numbers didn't come from some rebuilding defense like Seattle but the Denver Broncos. It always seems funny to me how fans are? One bad year and they throw players away like trash.
Carr is just getting started. Now im sure he will have some bad games like ALL QBs, but Carr will be just fine.

Ummm let's not try to rewrite history to pump a kid up more than what he really was. Oakland was a wildcard team that was going to have to go on the road, win 3 games straight in the AFC, and then compete in the Super Bowl. So to say he stood a chance of winning the Super Bowl or even making the Super Bowl that year is stretching things not just a little but a lot.

As for the 29-32 what did that get you guys? 19 points. The Raiders averaging 19 points per game would make them a bottom-10 offense. So are you really wanting to brag about that? Right now the Raiders after 2 games are 28th in the league in points per game. So again are you really going to brag about the game that Carr just had. The Broncos' head coach after the game said that the coaching staff gave Carr and the offense too much credit and should have been more aggressive. He said they thought they would be better and found out quickly they were not.

As for the one bad year...Again look back at my stats to show that Carr has been no better in his career than Case Keenum up to this point. The reality is that he has had 1 great year, 1 good year, and two bad years since coming into the NFL. So far this year through two games I would say he is on pace to add to that bad year total.

And as for Foles winning a Super Bowl. He also had a top-5 defense, top-3 run game, and quite a few weapons. The Raiders have none of that right now.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr has had one good year and a number of pedestrian seasons. His arrow is pointing down. On the other hand, Khalil Mack is a game wrecker and will go down as one of the best defensive players or our time. The QB position is the most important one on the field but in this case, I wouldn't be so quick to label him the 2nd coming of Stabler/Plunkett/Gannon. He still has much to prove.

Carr had a GREAT first half against the Broncos. His stats were great but it was all dink and dunk. The best way to minimize Denver's strong pass rush. Once halftime adjustments were made, Derek Carr didn't look all that great.

Carr is a decent QB but I would currently place him at about the same place as Keenum. If he develops into something better, then I'll change my opinion but for now, that's where he's at. Outside of one fan who goes by idahoraiderfan33, most people would agree with this assessment.
Carr improved ever year from his rookie year, that is a fact.
Last year was a mess with the coaching staff infighting the players turning on each other, Carrs broken back.
In this game that just passed Carr was a master surgeon as he was dang near perfect. Carr the the play to win the game on that 4-1 and one, we ALL know it, but he can't catch the ball himself.
Again, it will take some time for Carr to get up to speed in Grudens new offense. As we can see he looked really good, in a loss and in this game that's all that counts. The only stat that matters is the win.
Look at Bortles he just beat Brady. It happens.