• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Raiders thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Raiders/Broncos. Anything can happen. I'll go with the home team and a defense led by Von Miller. Case Keenum uncharacteristically threw three picks last week. I don't see that happening again. The Broncos rookie class is contributing already and will continue to make the team better.

Gruden back to the Raiders is a good story and gets some juice back into the rivalry. Derek Carr really hasn't looked the same since his breakout season a few years ago. We'll see if Chucky can get him into "high gear". Carr's best year was working with O coordinator Bill Musgrave, who is now calling the plays for the Denver Broncos offense.

The Raiders have some players. I was very impressed with their first half play last night but the home crowd and adrenaline can only get you so far. The Rams boast a much more talented roster across the board. I don't think the Broncos can claim a team that's anywhere close to the LA Rams right now but I still think they have an edge if you looked at each position.

Ultimately, this is a home game for Denver, in September. I like the Broncos to beat the Raiders 24-16.

You asked!
I have no problem with you picking the Broncos, in fact i would be disappointed if you didn't.

We too have some pretty good rookies playing for us. Our rookie Kolton Miller did a really good job starting at LT for us, didn't give nothing up. It should be a good matchup between him and whoever you guys lineup on him. We got a good crop of rookies this year.

The coaching is MUCH better on both sides of the ball. It's gonna be a good game.
RAIDERS 24 Broncos 16

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum also threw picks and would of had more, if not for some drops by the DBs. Carr don't throw a lot of picks, i mean he throws picks like all QBs but is not really known for them. Carr was playing good as was the whole team on both sides of the ball then Donald dived at his legs and the problems started from there. I think we get get Keenum once or twice. This ain't the same coaching staff as before.

Just to give you a heads up Carr and Keenum are almost identical when it comes to percentage of throws that end in an interception. Keenum isn't known for throwing picks either.

As for your coaching staff I guess I would say that first game showed some rust in Gruden. That was not a good coaching job. He got outcoached by a 32 year old in McVay big time. Once the Rams made adjustments the Raiders couldn't do jack squat. Gruden couldn't make adjustments. Carr became captain checkdown and they started looking like the worst offense in football. Throw in then a defense that was just getting destroyed as they couldn't get any pressure (by the way the Broncos allowed the fewest pressures per drop back in week 1 against a better DL than what the Raiders have) and the secondary just couldn't hold up. This is a bad Raiders team. I'm not saying the Broncos are world beaters by any means but I do know for sure this Raiders team is a long ways from competing.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to give you a heads up Carr and Keenum are almost identical when it comes to percentage of throws that end in an interception. Keenum isn't known for throwing picks either.

As for your coaching staff I guess I would say that first game showed some rust in Gruden. That was not a good coaching job. He got outcoached by a 32 year old in McVay big time. Once the Rams made adjustments the Raiders couldn't do jack squat. Gruden couldn't make adjustments. Carr became captain checkdown and they started looking like the worst offense in football. Throw in then a defense that was just getting destroyed as they couldn't get any pressure (by the way the Broncos allowed the fewest pressures per drop back in week 1 against a better DL than what the Raiders have) and the secondary just couldn't hold up. This is a bad Raiders team. I'm not saying the Broncos are world beaters by any means but I do know for sure this Raiders team is a long ways from competing.
Let's not even compare Keenum to Carr CD. I don't even want to bother talking about that.

Gruden? He was taking the Rams to school till we started TO the ball. That's not on him but the players. And he did that with the refs being flag happy against the RAIDERS. People seems to forget that it will take a few games for his system to into groove. It wasn't an easy opening game for us. The Rams are loaded on offense and defense and are the SB favorite. That final score don't tell the whole story of the game, and you know it.
Any decent coach can coach this Rams team that's how loaded it is.

And as for us being a bad team? That remains to be seen. The Broncos didn't look good at all either. The got bailed out by the ref on that last TD. They should of never beat that bad rebuilding Seattle team.
Seattle has nobody but RW. The Rams have all pros on every level of that team. You will soon find out how good of a team they are as you guys play them as well. While we get to play the rebuilding Seattle team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not even compare Keenum to Carr CD. I don't even want to bother talking about that.

Gruden? He was taking the Rams to school till we started TO the ball. That's not on him but the players. And he did that with the refs being flag happy against the RAIDERS. People seems to forget that it will take a few games for his system to into groove. It wasn't an easy opening game for us. The Rams are loaded on offense and defense and are the SB favorite. That final score don't tell the whole story of the game, and you know it.
Any decent coach can coach this Rams team that's how loaded it is.

And as for us being a bad team? That remains to be seen. The Broncos didn't look good at all either. The got bailed out by the ref on that last TD. They should of never beat that bad rebuilding Seattle team.
Seattle has nobody but RW. The Rams have all pros on every level of that team. You will soon find out how good of a team they are as you guys play them as well. While we get to play the rebuilding Seattle team.

Your own coach today said your team is not very talented and is in transition. That shows 2 things...1) Your coach knows his job is secure enough that he can actually say that out loud and not get fired and 2) He knows he has complete control over the rebuild at this point.

As for you guys taking the Rams to school...Come on the Raiders had a 13-10 lead. I wouldn't exactly call that a domination. And always with the refs for you Idaho.

As for Carr and Keenum they are not all that far apart so far in their careers.
Stats for Carr...
QB Rating: 87.1
Yards per attempt: 6.6
Int% 2.1
Completion % 61.5

Keenum...
QB Rating: 85.9
Yards per attempt: 7.0
Int% 2.3
Completion % 62

I could go on but the two have been pretty darn close to each other in what they have brought to the field. So I don't think comparing the two is actually all that crazy. Carr is an above average QB in this league and Keenum I would say has been just a hair below that but trending up over the last few years.

As for the Broncos not looking good at all. Minus the turnovers they blew the Seahawks out. Had almost 500 yards of offense, scored 27 points (that would have been good enough for 5th overall last year), and the defense sacked Wilson 6 times while also holding him to only 5 yards of rushing. They gave up a couple of big plays which is the only reason the Seahawks even though about being in that game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We kind of freestyled coming out. We didn’t know how Gruden was going to attack us on defense. Our coaches did a great job adjusting and we were able to hold them to zero points in the second half and our offense got going and, big win for us,” Talib said on NFL Total Access.

“I think it was just that freestyle. We really didn’t know what to expect, speaking for the defense. We didn’t know how they would attack us. So we had to see how they would attack us and adjust and Coach Wade [Phillips] did a great job,” Talib said. “They repeated a lot of plays in the second half and we were ready for them.

The scripted plays for the Raiders to start out the game worked. Problem is when the defense adjusted the Raiders had no answers. Again what happens when Carr is limited right now with showing he is afraid of standing in the pocket and taking a hit. Makes the offense have to keep everythign short and rely on the run game with a crowded LOS.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your own coach today said your team is not very talented and is in transition. That shows 2 things...1) Your coach knows his job is secure enough that he can actually say that out loud and not get fired and 2) He knows he has complete control over the rebuild at this point.

As for you guys taking the Rams to school...Come on the Raiders had a 13-10 lead. I wouldn't exactly call that a domination. And always with the refs for you Idaho.

As for Carr and Keenum they are not all that far apart so far in their careers.
Stats for Carr...
QB Rating: 87.1
Yards per attempt: 6.6
Int% 2.1
Completion % 61.5

Keenum...
QB Rating: 85.9
Yards per attempt: 7.0
Int% 2.3
Completion % 62

I could go on but the two have been pretty darn close to each other in what they have brought to the field. So I don't think comparing the two is actually all that crazy. Carr is an above average QB in this league and Keenum I would say has been just a hair below that but trending up over the last few years.

As for the Broncos not looking good at all. Minus the turnovers they blew the Seahawks out. Had almost 500 yards of offense, scored 27 points (that would have been good enough for 5th overall last year), and the defense sacked Wilson 6 times while also holding him to only 5 yards of rushing. They gave up a couple of big plays which is the only reason the Seahawks even though about being in that game.
Carr was 20-24 with the lead at half time cd. And it was against an elite team. A couple of bad throws with the game tied 13-13 late in the 3rd was the difference. Now you know why the Rams went out and got Talib and Peters. That defense is elite. Sort of like the one you guys had when you won the SB. That whole team reminds me of the Bronco team. Gotta play perfect football to beat them. We made a few mistakes and it cost us the game.

Now im not saying Keenum is trash or anything like that. Good move by you guys. I just think we beat you guys. This team is still learning the system on both sides of the ball. New players, etc.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We kind of freestyled coming out. We didn’t know how Gruden was going to attack us on defense. Our coaches did a great job adjusting and we were able to hold them to zero points in the second half and our offense got going and, big win for us,” Talib said on NFL Total Access.

“I think it was just that freestyle. We really didn’t know what to expect, speaking for the defense. We didn’t know how they would attack us. So we had to see how they would attack us and adjust and Coach Wade [Phillips] did a great job,” Talib said. “They repeated a lot of plays in the second half and we were ready for them.

The scripted plays for the Raiders to start out the game worked. Problem is when the defense adjusted the Raiders had no answers. Again what happens when Carr is limited right now with showing he is afraid of standing in the pocket and taking a hit. Makes the offense have to keep everythign short and rely on the run game with a crowded LOS.
I don't listen to nothing Talib says. They made the plays in the second half and we didn't. Simple as that. Best team money can buy. We on the other hand are still learning the systems we are putting in. See the difference? And still we had our chance.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening up against a CLEAR SB contender on Monday Night Football with a team that has NEW coaches on both sides of the ball and half a roster of new players. Yeah, that odds don't look good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr was 20-24 with the lead at half time cd. And it was against an elite team. A couple of bad throws with the game tied 13-13 late in the 3rd was the difference. Now you know why the Rams went out and got Talib and Peters. That defense is elite. Sort of like the one you guys had when you won the SB. That whole team reminds me of the Bronco team. Gotta play perfect football to beat them. We made a few mistakes and it cost us the game.

Now im not saying Keenum is trash or anything like that. Good move by you guys. I just think we beat you guys. This team is still learning the system on both sides of the ball. New players, etc.

I went back and charted every throw that Carr made in the game. For his completions they averaged only traveling 3.75 yards beyond the LOS. Yeah I'm sorry if I'm not that impressed with him going 20-24. Everything was short and quick passes. The big adjustment the Rams made for the 2nd half was lining guys up about 5 yards beyond the LOS and daring Carr to throw deep to beat them. He couldn't do it. Again those injuries have taken their toll on him and even when there is no pressure he starts to panic. I think something like 80% of his passes in the game went to a TE or RB. It is easy to see that once he sees his initial read is covered he goes as quickly as possible to his check down. You won't win a lot of games if that is what they are doing especially with a defense that doesn't look good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to nothing Talib says. They made the plays in the second half and we didn't. Simple as that. Best team money can buy. We on the other hand are still learning the systems we are putting in. See the difference? And still we had our chance.

Just because you don't like what he had to say doens't mean he isn't right. It was easy to see the difference in the playcalling 2nd half compared to 1st half. The Raiders made 0 adjustments at half time on offense.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im about burnt out on football. Negative vibes keeping me down.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Bronco fans! That was a BS TD they gave Keenum, but you won and that's all that matters.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Bronco fans! That was a BS TD they gave Keenum, but you won and that's all that matters.

I guess I shouldn't expect anything different from you Idaho. That was the easiest called TD of the entire game. Broncos had the officials wipe out 2 TD's and a 40 yard gain in that game. Bad officiated game that tried to give the Raiders the win yet they still couldn't pull it out.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I shouldn't expect anything different from you Idaho. That was the easiest called TD of the entire game. Broncos had the officials wipe out 2 TD's and a 40 yard gain in that game. Bad officiated game that tried to give the Raiders the win yet they still couldn't pull it out.
Those refs were in the bag for the Broncos. How could you sit there and say otherwise? Oh? Hey, you know anything about Harley's??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those refs were in the bag for the Broncos. How could you sit there and say otherwise? Oh? Hey, you know anything about Harley's??

Oh Idaho you will never change. I haven't talked to a single non-Bronco fan that thought the Refs helped out at all and most think the refs almost cost the Broncos that game. Come on man take off the homer glasses for 2 seconds.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Idaho you will never change. I haven't talked to a single non-Bronco fan that thought the Refs helped out at all and most think the refs almost cost the Broncos that game. Come on man take off the homer glasses for 2 seconds.

HATE, hate, hate the Broncos (I shiver every time I pass 'Elways' at DIA on the way to the terminal) but I have to agree. This one is on that stupid f##ktard Gruden.. 2nd and 9 and you run that washed up idiot into the middle with a stacked D line? You shouldn't have been there in the first place with the penalty - so execution wasn't great either. Cooper had been making some great catches late in that game and you were getting good pass protection. Offensive wizard my fuzzy grey a$$. I get running the clock but 1st downs trump hand-offs.. watch the Pats for the last 16 years (which Gruden had a perfect chance to do so..)

So, no first down.. and then you rely on that great defense you invested in (oh.. yeah, those first round picks are 1-2 years away...) that folded like origami and produced zip for a pass rush. But no worries - Gruden still has no "regerts" on trading away Mack (LOL.. I hear that Chicago has no regrets either ). I saw that game getting stolen from about the middle of the 3rd quarter on - I called it on my AFC west board because I SAW that same crap the last time Gruden was here.

Commitment to Vegas and Mediocrity!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a motorcycle guy. My dad is an insurance agent and that is the one vehicle he absolutely hates. Too many people killed on them so always been terrified of riding one.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have homer glasses on cd. I just call it as i see it.
It was a good game man. Went down to the last seconds.

This RAIDER team is getting better as they learn the systems on both sides of the ball.