• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 (MLB) News & Transactions

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would bum fetch a bigger package during the off season (giving a full season of service) or during the deadline (purchasing teams could be more “under the gun” and his post-season antics are more highlighted)?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't seriously compete (or try to), then they HAVE TO do a rebuild. Can't just give up on either one.

I don't disagree, but if Boch is around I have my doubts.

Really a wait-and-see approach at this point until they get a new front-office structure.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would bum fetch a bigger package during the off season (giving a full season of service) or during the deadline (purchasing teams could be more “under the gun” and his post-season antics are more highlighted)?
Off-season for sure, to a team that knows they are making the playoffs. No one doesnt know about his postseason legend. And probably an NL team so he can bat. I'm telling you, he's going to Atlanta.

Also, "antics"?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really know where to put this, but news last night that Luis Valbuena and former Giant Jose Castillo were killed in a car accident in Venezuela. Sad to hear

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really know where to put this, but news last night that Luis Valbuena and former Giant Jose Castillo were killed in a car accident in Venezuela. Sad to hear
Very sad. Apparently, the accident was caused by bandits who then robbed them.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, didn't see that. Tragic, although not surprising in Venezuela.
I've read that teams travel with heavy security and discourage players from traveling alone in Venezuela. This is one reason why.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like he's been out of baseball a long time, but Jerome Williams just retired - Jerome Williams Retires

Jerome Williams was taken by the Giants in 1999. The Giants picked Kurt Ainsworth 24thh overall that year. It feels like he’s been out of baseball for about a thousand years. I’m getting old

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, but if Boch is around I have my doubts.

Really a wait-and-see approach at this point until they get a new front-office structure.

you cannot rebuild with a lame duck manager who isn't on board - love him, but nothing of significance will happen on the field until boch is gone and the club can rebuild in the image of the new dugout guy

this is why i've said for the past 2yrs that you need to find a new manager that fits vision of the gm (who we now have and hopefully is not cock-blocked by sabean) before anything of significance will happen. and we've been treading water for the last 2 seasons and will be in '19.

when change is inevitable, it's better to bring it about quickly

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cannot rebuild with a lame duck manager who isn't on board - love him, but nothing of significance will happen on the field until boch is gone and the club can rebuild in the image of the new dugout guy

this is why i've said for the past 2yrs that you need to find a new manager that fits vision of the gm (who we now have and hopefully is not cock-blocked by sabean) before anything of significance will happen. and we've been treading water for the last 2 seasons and will be in '19.

when change is inevitable, it's better to bring it about quickly

I don't think you have to worry at all about Sabean at this point. FZ has brought in multiple guys now as advisers, including one who's going to be running the day-to-day. Sabes is back to scouting.

As for the on-field stuff, you can force Boch's hand simply by putting certain guys in the dugout. But I agree the new vision won't be fully realized until next year when I can almost guarantee that Bochy is gone.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers send Puig, Kemp and Alex Wood to the reds for Homer Bailey and some prospects.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers send Puig, Kemp and Alex Wood to the reds for Homer Bailey and some prospects.
I like the trade for the dogs. It frees up space for signing Harper and gets them a couple nice prospects. I think they end up picking up some long term money on Baileys contract, but that is tough to decipher since half the league is currently cutting checks for Kemp.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2rMkoJZ
giphy.gif
2rMkoJZ

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on Susac:
Per a team announcement, catcher Andrew Susac cleared waivers and has been assigned outright to Triple-A Norfolk after being designated for assignment by the Orioles. Set to turn 29 in March, Susac was once one of baseball’s premier catching prospects but has only managed a .221/.283/.373 slash in 300 plate appearances at the MLB level to date. He did hit .256/.405/.456 in a smallish sample of 158 plate appearances in Triple-A last year and has a career .248/.350/.438 line through 927 PAs at that level. He’ll remain on hand in the O’s organization as a depth option.

I am surprised he hasn't become a minor league free agent since he was already dfa'd once by the Brewers. I assume that he accepted the assignment rather than test the open market. Considering the uncertainly of almost the entire roster in Baltimore, I assume he feels his best chance to get back to the big leagues is there.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds traded for Sonny Gray. I was hoping we’d trade for him.