• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with my fandom. I've always thought Love was an exceptional player. As would most if not for the quiet demeanor. I don't think the Cavs would move him until the Summer. I think he'll play a few weeks and teams will see the usual 18-22 points and 12 or so rebounds/game. They'd get decent offers and the idea of "no one gives up an asset for him is, well, assinine.
yah---

the Cavs were never going to move Love for a mediocre-to-crappy first rounder and a failed prospect....

they will wait till this offseson when teams strike out on free agents and come calling

Love's contract only gets better as time goes by- its down to like 28M his last year- they structured the deal pretty well.

if some team like the Knicks or Nets, or whoever, strikes out on free agents in the offseason- and wants a 20 and 10 guy that can pass and shoot the 3 maybe Love will be dealt- but he is not going to be dealt for spare parts and crappy picks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the other ones that could be argued are Kyle Korver to the Cavs (though it will end up being 2 2nd rounders that convey), and Mirotic to the Pelican - though the salary of Asik was a main component to that as well.

The Bogdon deal was just awful when it was made- i remember ripping on how stupid the Wiz were the night they made that deal.

and Lou williams is a legit one.

One in 3 years.

First round picks just dont move much - Tyreke Evans - i thought- was for Sure going to get moved- he was playing great, expiring- and no one wanted to give up a first rounder for him.

Well,

Tyreke had a couple things working against him. He had some injury issues last season and has never been able to produce effectively on a good team. I would never have wanted my team to give a first for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

Tyreke had a couple things working against him. He had some injury issues last season and has never been able to produce effectively on a good team. I would never have wanted my team to give a first for him.
better than Bogdon!!!! LOL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also....not surprisingly- the Wiz again trading a 1st, Dejuan Blaier and Kris Humphries for one of the Morris brothers.

lol....holy fuck are the Wiz stupid. I mean- we get to see why they are the worst run franchise in the league

in the last 4 years- from what I can tell- the Wiz twice and the Rockets once- trading a very late 1st roudner for Lou Will-----

though- was Morris a rental? maybe he was not a rental? you would know better than me. lol

I told you they are stupid.

The Wizards would easily give multiple firsts for expiring Love. And they wouldn't even be that bad of picks.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see if I have this straight, you are comparing Love missing every game and Kyrie all but one because of injury to Green missing 1 game because he couldn't stop going near opponents' nads and a guy playing 10 minutes/ game missing a couple games?
I am comparing how each player is important to their respective teams. YOU are comparing them player to player which is a pretty flawed argument given we're talking about a game of match ups.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

My 2 first rounders was based on Love being expiring.

My whole point is that his value is in his current ability to produce for a contender. Not the future years in his contract. Cap flexibility is more valuable than 4 years commitment to Love at his current price.
so if I had this straight, you said 2 firsts for him and @Mecca agreed. The same Mecca who said the cavs could not get an asset that mattered for Love?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Kawhi stays?

Yeeeesh.

Under the conditions of this particular hypothetical, being locked in wood be better.

The problem I have with this particular destination is that it takes Siakam out of the Starting lineup or it means he goes back to Cleveland in the trade.

The Raptors would never do that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they couldn't.

Not because he's a bad player.

But, because of his injury history, salary and age.

Dude's don't get healthier as they get older.

Is there a team in the NBA that you think is currently a Kevin Love away from winning a title?

Would that team not be in a similar position if they traded for a Morris Twin at half the price?

Ps. When did I say you couldn't get an asset?

I think you should be able to do something similar to Brooklyn eating Mosgov to get D Lo.
You need to pay attention to what you reply to since because you base your comments on poster and not post you did, in fact, agree with someone who said they'd get 2 firsts for him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree, but NO was not much better in AD's time there than Minnesota was with Love. And one could argue AD had better teammates. As of now, doesn't it seem clear AD has NOT changed a franchise?
Well, we will find out when AD leaves. And we already know the answer to that question in regard to Love, yes? It resulted in LBJ leaving him to be the player that changes the Cavs franchise lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if I had this straight, you said 2 firsts for him and @Mecca agreed. The same Mecca who said the cavs could not get an asset that mattered for Love?
Quote the post that says I agree.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to pay attention to what you reply to since because you base your comments on poster and not post you did, in fact, agree with someone who said they'd get 2 firsts for him.

Lmfao

I don't need to do anything.

Quote the post where I said " I agree ".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeeeesh.

Under the conditions of this particular hypothetical, being locked in wood be better.

The problem I have with this particular destination is that it takes Siakam out of the Starting lineup or it means he goes back to Cleveland in the trade.

The Raptors would never do that.
I don't think they would, but hard to know. If they thought they had a short window (which they might) Love is a better player now than Siakam. Assuming, of course, he has shown he is healthy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you please follow the conversation?

I am saying I know the Cavs would get at least a 1st and a 2nd if Love were expiring. I think maybe 2 firsts.

He is not expiring though. So he is not worth that because of his contract.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because when AD plays for a winner, ages some it's possible he could regress? Only apples to apples comparison is from when they were the same age and had the same time in the league.

You get AD gets hurt a lot, too, and that might continue? That like Love, if he joined a 29-year-old Lebron his points and rebounds might come down a tad?
I get that AD has already FAR out performed Love if we're comparing them at the same age group. And we only have to look at the defensive side of the floor to EASILY reach that conclusion my friend.

I also know that teams are willing to throw the kitchen sink at NO for AD. That wasn't the case with Love in his prime.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would, but hard to know. If they thought they had a short window (which they might) Love is a better player now than Siakam. Assuming, of course, he has shown he is healthy.
I don't know...

Siakam is a pretty good defender.

If they were a team in need of an offensive host, Love.

But, they are doing pretty well on both sides of the Ball.

Plus....compare those contracts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote the post that says I agree.
#18546.

Lance told wiggy they'd take multiple firsts if Love were an expiring deal. wiggy disagreed with him. You must back Lance over wiggy, so you agreed with him.

Told ya, you need to read comments carefully as you'll contradict yourself with this posting style.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#18546.

Lance told wiggy they'd take multiple firsts if Love were an expiring deal. wiggy disagreed with him. You must back Lance over wiggy, so you agreed with him.

Told ya, you need to read comments carefully as you'll contradict yourself with this posting style.
Da Fuq?

Is this even English?

You are stepping on your words more than you've been stepping on your Dick.

Take a deep breath and try again.

Who said what?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is a net negative for LA? You, too? They have another guy who would give them scoring, rebounding and outside shooting from the 4 or 5 position?

Is Lebron just dumb for wanting him in Cleveland to get Lebron to come back AND went much further out of his way to keep him there than he did Kyrie?

BOOM
And when would all that scoring be happening? Isn't he hurt RIGHT NOW?!? Lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#18546.

Dude, check out what the Bucks traded for George Hill this year. I mean if you're a Cavs fan you should know what the market price for a huge expiring is. Bucks traded Delly and Henson, a 1st rd pick and 2nd rd pick for George Hill and Sam Dekker.