• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would u like to retract your comment that Love had an extra year left on his deal?

your 2 first rounder comment was based on your wrong assumption that he had a year after this year left on his deal.

No.

My 2 first rounders was based on Love being expiring.

My whole point is that his value is in his current ability to produce for a contender. Not the future years in his contract. Cap flexibility is more valuable than 4 years commitment to Love at his current price.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this mean you are now saying the Cavs could get multiple firsts for Love after agreeing they couldn't get an asset for him?
No, they couldn't.

Not because he's a bad player.

But, because of his injury history, salary and age.

Dude's don't get healthier as they get older.

Is there a team in the NBA that you think is currently a Kevin Love away from winning a title?

Would that team not be in a similar position if they traded for a Morris Twin at half the price?

Ps. When did I say you couldn't get an asset?

I think you should be able to do something similar to Brooklyn eating Mosgov to get D Lo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rodney Hood and Kyle Korver are worth firsts in your mind, but Love isn't worth 2?

Interesting.
when did i say korver and hood are worth firsts?

if they are taking back additional bad money - sure- but on their own they arent

not even Tyreke on his expiring deal was worth a 1st last year as a rental

what rental players have been worth firsts the last few years?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

My 2 first rounders was based on Love being expiring.

My whole point is that his value is in his current ability to produce for a contender. Not the future years in his contract. Cap flexibility is more valuable than 4 years commitment to Love at his current price.
you are a fucking nut. lol

2 first rounders for a 3 month rental.

what guys have been dealt for just one first as rentals in the last 3 seasons?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those teams will be viewing him as a one-year rental?

We seem to have an annual process of some star saying they will only play in LA. And yet somehow they never seem to get traded there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did i say korver and hood are worth firsts?

if they are taking back additional bad money - sure- but on their own they arent

not even Tyreke on his expiring deal was worth a 1st last year as a rental

what rental players have been worth firsts the last few years?

Well, this might be rhetorical.

Because plenty of rentals have commanded firsts from contenders over the years. Whether they were worth it or not is another question.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to have an annual process of some star saying they will only play in LA. And yet somehow they never seem to get traded there.
because the small market teams seem to be wising up and not folding to ridiculous demands

the Pacers, Spurs, and now Pelicans- none of them are playing that shit. lol

you want to try and leverage us by trying to negate our franchise players value by coming out in the media with ridiculousness? FUCK YOU give me every single asset you hae for the next 4 years and we can talk.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this might be rhetorical.

Because plenty of rentals have commanded firsts from contenders over the years. Whether they were worth it or not is another question.
show me the ones over the last 3 years when first round picks have garnered more importance.

it just does not happen anymore. It might have a decade ago--- but since the last CBA it basically never happens.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gore's was willing to pay luxury tax I'd almost be ok with the Pistons flipping Drummond for Love provided by some minor miracle they could get Conley as well.

At least I'd know the fourth quarter of games wouldn't make me want to punch myself in the face repeatedly.
I don't think that helps anyone.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because the small market teams seem to be wising up and not folding to ridiculous demands

the Pacers, Spurs, and now Pelicans- none of them are playing that shit. lol

you want to try and leverage us by trying to negate our franchise players value by coming out in the media with ridiculousness? FUCK YOU give me every single asset you hae for the next 4 years and we can talk.

Yeah. It seems clear to me that these teams either don't value the Lakers assets that much or REALLY hate the Lakers organization or a bit of both.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarify this for me...

If The Cavs had LeBron?

Love is outstanding as a 3rd option.
All the Cavs would care about is getting by GS and I think AD might be a better option in that regard.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did I say that was wrong? Said "before this year he averaged roughly 70 per season THE LAST 4 YEARS."

Apology accepted.
I know a team that might roll the dice on Love.

Portland.

They would probably give you a pick and a young player, not named Dame, CJ or Collins.

But, best believe they are shoving those Myers Leonard, Evan Turner contracts down your throat.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me the ones over the last 3 years when first round picks have garnered more importance.

it just does not happen anymore. It might have a decade ago--- but since the last CBA it basically never happens.

Off the top of my head...

Lou Williams and Bojan Bogdanovich

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Cavs would care about is getting by GS and I think AD might be a better option in that regard.
You mean with LeBron in Cleveland?

Absolutely.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head...

Lou Williams and Bojan Bogdanovich
the other ones that could be argued are Kyle Korver to the Cavs (though it will end up being 2 2nd rounders that convey), and Mirotic to the Pelican - though the salary of Asik was a main component to that as well.

The Bogdon deal was just awful when it was made- i remember ripping on how stupid the Wiz were the night they made that deal.

and Lou williams is a legit one.

One in 3 years.

First round picks just dont move much - Tyreke Evans - i thought- was for Sure going to get moved- he was playing great, expiring- and no one wanted to give up a first rounder for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put your personal feeling aside for a moment.

You'd get more for a guy like Lou Williams with a longer contract because of his pay vs production.

Nobody is saying Love doesn't have worth.

He is a good player.

But, he gets you less than the Clippers got back for Blake.

Not because Blake is better.

But, because teams aren't as desperate to roll the dice on a oft-injured player with long money left on his deal.

Detroit was desperate because of their new stadium.

There will be decent, cheaper options this Summer.
Has nothing to do with my fandom. I've always thought Love was an exceptional player. As would most if not for the quiet demeanor. I don't think the Cavs would move him until the Summer. I think he'll play a few weeks and teams will see the usual 18-22 points and 12 or so rebounds/game. They'd get decent offers and the idea of "no one gives up an asset for him is, well, assinine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also....not surprisingly- the Wiz again trading a 1st, Dejuan Blaier and Kris Humphries for one of the Morris brothers.

lol....holy fuck are the Wiz stupid. I mean- we get to see why they are the worst run franchise in the league

in the last 4 years- from what I can tell- the Wiz twice and the Rockets once- trading a very late 1st roudner for Lou Will-----

though- was Morris a rental? maybe he was not a rental? you would know better than me. lol