• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i saw they lost to Orlando which is not good. lol.

all though- look at the size in that Orlando starting lineup- besides Augustine i think there shortest guy is 6' 9". Jonathan Isaac is super young but looks like he could be a big time talent.

Yeah, the Sixers just squeaked by the Magic when Ben Simmons left early with back tightness.
I remember seeing Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Isaac, and Mo Bamba out there and there didn't appear to be any room to move. They are long, athletic, and quick.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers got the Suns tomorrow.

That is a sure-fire win at least.

They should win and I think they will because they will be desperate for a win.

But I wouldn't call a b2b on the road a sure-fire win no matter who you're playing. Especially after the extra minutes everyone played with the loss of Rondo/Ingram and the overtime... they need to be deliberate about coming out with energy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a Tweet from Haberstroh saying that the fewest points that the Lakers have given up in a quarter so far is 26. And only 2 quarters with fewer than 30 points. Tough to win with that kind of D.

Some of it is pace of play.

But I think most of it is that, outside of McGee, they have no rim protectors. Zubac has the size, but lacks the athleticism to be a true rim protector. Basically, if McGee is out of the game, or away from the basket and a guy gets beat on the perimeter, it's a free run to the basket.

As communication and trust improve, the defense should get better. But without a any rim protection, it's gonna be tough to be anything better than an average defense.

They did hold the Spurs to 25 in the 2nd quarter last night...babysteps. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The L.A. LeBron's are off to the bestest 0-3 start in NBA history.:yes: Keep up the good work Purple 'n Gold.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a MJ fan but daaaaaaaaammmmmnnnnnnnn.....

That's some crazy ass shit

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it is pace of play.

But I think most of it is that, outside of McGee, they have no rim protectors. Zubac has the size, but lacks the athleticism to be a true rim protector. Basically, if McGee is out of the game, or away from the basket and a guy gets beat on the perimeter, it's a free run to the basket.

As communication and trust improve, the defense should get better. But without a any rim protection, it's gonna be tough to be anything better than an average defense.

They did hold the Spurs to 25 in the 2nd quarter last night...babysteps. lol

Solid post.

Another factor is the fouling. There's been a lot of correctable mistakes in that regard, McGee jumping for pump-fake after pump-fake, the reach-ins on Harden. Its crazy that the Lakers are averaging 20 more points per paint than their opponents, and yet have committed 12 more fouls per game on average. Some of that is bad luck in a 3-game sample size and some of that is the Lakers needing to adjust to the refs, which they will do over time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO SPURS GO

Lebron goes from hero to goat in about 5 minutes

Yep. Oh well. It was fun game to watch.

I loved Lebron's comments before the re: the Spurs...

Reporter: How do you think the Spurs have changed?

Lebron: Pop's still there ain't he? They're not different at all.

Pop had a funny comment too. Apparently, his hotel window overlooked a large Lebron billboard.

Pop said: It was horrifying seeing Lebron's face outside my hotel room. He's already big and now he's monstrous. I was scared to death. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main point of focus is that the Lakers are the real deal and just about everyone is wrong about them

Meh, I'd say "wrongish".

3 point shooting was expected to be an issue and it is. Although, it's more because some of the guys who were expected to be at least serviceable from 3, haven't been. So, it may "self correct". If it doesn't, they'll need to make a move during the season or after.

Defense/size was also expected to be an issue and it is. This should also get better, but unless they make some moves during or after the season, they'll do well to be an average defense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't proven anything obviously at 0-3, but there's also zero reason to e worried at this point.

3 games into a season with a new roster, 3 competitive 48min games against 3 top10 teams.

And missing 2 starters last night.