• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. All things considered, I think I might have to agree with Wiggy on this one.

Christmas Day was great. But it was at Staples and they had Lebron for 3 and a half quarters. They could have lost when the Warriors made that run after Lebron went out. But they still had Rondo to help right the ship.

This was on the road without Lebron and Rondo. This was the kids stepping up and playing like grown men.

They were even 19-21 from the free throw line. :shocked:

Yeah this was much better. On Christmas, they had LBJ for about 3 quarters. Last night, they did it on their own without LBJ and they were down nearly 20

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers almost gave it away. Bad foul by a younger player late. Lonzo actually had a good game even though he didn't exactly shoot a good % (I won't say that often). Ingram sucks and Kuzma is a freaking beast lol. Zubac had a big game, he is getting better every game. I caught the the last 3 mins and than OT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG got 27 points on 19 shots. Only 6 FT attempts.
RW got 26 points on 30 shots. 10 FT attempts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers almost gave it away. Bad foul by a younger player late. Lonzo actually had a good game even though he didn't exactly shoot a good % (I won't say that often). Ingram sucks and Kuzma is a freaking beast lol. I caught the the last 3 mins and than OT

Ingram didn't shoot well, but he had 11 assists, so it's not like he didn't contribute.

Definitely a bad foul by Lonzo. The strategy was fine, although I tend to agree with @tlance that they probably should have just let Westbrook shoot (he was 7 for 30). But, being a young player and not used to being in that position, he executed it poorly by being late.

To be completely fair, it was questionable on whether or not Westbrook had started his "gather", but you just can't take that chance. Hopefully, it's a lesson learned that didn't cost them the game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram didn't shoot well, but he had 11 assists, so it's not like he didn't contribute.

Definitely a bad foul by Lonzo. The strategy was fine, although I agree with @tlance that they probably should have just let Westbrook shoot (he was 7 for 30). But, being a young player and not used to being in that position, he executed it poorly by being late.

To be completely fair, it was questionable on whether or not Westbrook had started his "gather", but you just can't take that chance. Hopefully, it's a lesson learned that didn't cost them the game.

Yeah it was close but in today's game they call that just about every time, I hate the rule but it was close he just barely started gathering when Lonzo fouled him. Tough break.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was close but in today's game they call that just about every time, I hate the rule but it was close he just barely started gathering when Lonzo fouled him. Tough break.

Yeah, you're right, the NBA came up with that "on the gather" and the refs are calling it, even when it's close. Like I said, that's on Lonzo for poor execution and luckily, they still won.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. All things considered, I think I might have to agree with Wiggy on this one.

Christmas Day was great. But it was at Staples and they had Lebron for 3 and a half quarters. They could have lost when the Warriors made that run after Lebron went out. But they still had Rondo to help right the ship.

This was on the road without Lebron and Rondo. This was the kids stepping up and playing like grown men.

Agreed, but the Christmas game was at Oracle not Staples

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell has happened to Westbrook's shooting? I'd heard he was struggling with it and had seen a little of it, but had no idea it was this bad.

He was 7 for 30 and most of his misses were really bad. Even his missed layups were so bad, they were practically airballs.

He was 5 for 12 from 3, so not terrible there, but even then, several of his misses weren't even close.

He's never been super efficient, but this looks like he's hurt or something.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely a bad foul by Lonzo. The strategy was fine, although I tend to agree with @tlance that they probably should have just let Westbrook shoot (he was 7 for 30). But, being a young player and not used to being in that position, he executed it poorly by being late.

Yeah I was more than happy with Ingram's play yesterday.

He missed some shots at the rim that he shouldn't of. I think his issue inside is he tries too hard to avoid contact, which makes the layup tougher and makes the ref swallow their whistle.

But his playmaking and defense was crucial to the win. Instead of trying to iso constantly, he played off-ball alot and made great reads. Some nights that will mean he's not going to get as many shots, but its what the team needs from him.

If you noticed, PG13 - who had a solid game, didn't do much when Ingram was checked onto him

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like how the two worst 3-point shooting teams combined for 40 3 pointers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was more than happy with Ingram's play yesterday.

He missed some shots at the rim that he shouldn't of. I think his issue inside is he tries too hard to avoid contact, which makes the layup tougher and makes the ref swallow their whistle.

But his playmaking and defense was crucial to the win. Instead of trying to iso constantly, he played off-ball alot and made great reads. Some nights that will mean he's not going to get as many shots, but its what the team needs from him.

If you noticed, PG13 - who had a solid game, didn't do much when Ingram ?was checked onto him

Agree. To me, one of the things you look for in a good player is whether or not he finds other ways to help the team when his shot is off. Ingram did that last night.

Yeah, his defense on PG was big in the 4th quarter and OT. He did a good job of denying him the ball and making him pass it when he got it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By default. Chandler is old as dirt. McGee is good in spurts. But Zubac will have some nice offensive games and then disappear for games. And he's not all that good defensively, which is why he can't stay on the court. When he's not giving you anything on offense, he's not good enough defensively to keep out there over Chandler or McGee. What sort of sucks is it looks like we missed on Thomas Bryant. We cut him in the offseason after one year and now he's balling out for the Wizards.
This is first year Zubac has actually been give legitimate time. He has improved tremendously this year. IF he can become consistent, he will be a great player

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. To me, one of the things you look for in a good player is whether or not he finds other ways to help the team when his shot is off. Ingram did that last night.

Yeah, his defense on PG was big in the 4th quarter and OT. He did a good job of denying him the ball and making him pass it when he got it.
Yup.

Had he kept launching, and the Lakers lost, he'd be getting killed like Westbrook is today.

My biggest take away last night, was Lonzo stepping up on offense, to help carry the load.

He doesn't have to put up big scoring numbers every night.

But, he does need to pitch in MORE when the usual scoring suspects are injured or just don't have it going.

He did that in fantastic fashion last night.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm going to have to screen shot this post....lol

But, I agree with Wiggy too.

They fought back from a huge deficit on the road.

No, the Thunder aren't the Warriors.

But, they are a top team in the West.

Huge win.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but the Christmas game was at Oracle not Staples
True.

Plus, they lost the lead and didn't call humble.

They built it back up and then some.

But, the Warriors weren't exactly playing like the juggernauts they were expected to be.

Green has been ass.

Klay's shot was lost in the the vortex with Westbrook's.

So, I'm still going Thunder.

But, that could just be recency bias.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell has happened to Westbrook's shooting? I'd heard he was struggling with it and had seen a little of it, but had no idea it was this bad.

He was 7 for 30 and most of his misses were really bad. Even his missed layups were so bad, they were practically airballs.

He was 5 for 12 from 3, so not terrible there, but even then, several of his misses weren't even close.

He's never been super efficient, but this looks like he's hurt or something.
Maybe having twins is fucking up his sleep patterns.

Shit, he has enough money to hire a fleet on nannies.

So, who the hell knows.

His head just seems elsewhere, like he's seriously distracted.