• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zubac is the best center on the Lakers
Good game Laker kids. Zubac wow. Ball and Kuzma too.
Zubac has always had the potential, it was always a matter of if it would ever materialize on a consistent basis. He should definitely be starting...he's the most polished offensively, and the best pnr defender of the 3 by far

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for nothing Thunder.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zubac has always had the potential, it was always a matter of if it would ever materialize on a consistent basis. He should definitely be starting...he's the most polished offensively, and the best pnr defender of the 3 by far
To be honest I thought he digressed last season and was surprised they didn't waive him or something - but He is showing some tremendous progress. By next year - He might be ready to be a starter

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Laker kids. Zubac wow. Ball and Kuzma too.
Stephen A Smith thinks Kuzma is the best out of the lottery with the possibly the exception of Lonzo Ball. He would the only one I wouldn't trade(Kuzma)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was poor strategy. They shouldn't have fouled at all there.

Westbrook was going to take that shot for sure and he is like 0-15 on shots off the dribble tonight. Also, OKC has gotten at least 4 offensive rebounds of FT misses tonight.

Make him hit that contested 3. He misses, game is over.

I don't think it was poor strategy. It was poor execution. Up 3 with like 5 seconds to go, its fine fouling. But you have to do it early and you need to wrap to prevent a shot from going up. Ball did it the WORST possible way. He ran with Westbrook, stupidly let him get all the way to the 3 point line, then halfassed a foul. The only way you could have fucked that up more is if Westbrook's shot went in. Luckily for him, the Lakers played well in OT

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zubac is the best center on the Lakers

By default. Chandler is old as dirt. McGee is good in spurts. But Zubac will have some nice offensive games and then disappear for games. And he's not all that good defensively, which is why he can't stay on the court. When he's not giving you anything on offense, he's not good enough defensively to keep out there over Chandler or McGee. What sort of sucks is it looks like we missed on Thomas Bryant. We cut him in the offseason after one year and now he's balling out for the Wizards.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was poor strategy. It was poor execution. Up 3 with like 5 seconds to go, its fine fouling. But you have to do it early and you need to wrap to prevent a shot from going up. Ball did it the WORST possible way. He ran with Westbrook, stupidly let him get all the way to the 3 point line, then halfassed a foul. The only way you could have fucked that up more is if Westbrook's shot went in. Luckily for him, the Lakers played well in OT

I agree it was ridiculously bad execution.

But I am also certain that the Thunder got more offensive rebounds off missed FTs last night than the Lakers got defensive rebounds.

Given who had the ball, how good OKC is at offensive rebounding and how terribly Westbrook was shooting, there was far greater chance of OKC sending the game to OT with the fouling strategy IMO.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I tagged the wrong guy. I meant to tag @HurricaneDij39

It's what happens when you play as a team and don't have one guy stat-plodding for 40 and 20. I've been a real advocate on RealGM that the Pacers won't make any significant noise in the playoffs without any real scoring power.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it was ridiculously bad execution.

But I am also certain that the Thunder got more offensive rebounds off missed FTs last night than the Lakers got defensive rebounds.

Given who had the ball, how good OKC is at offensive rebounding and how terribly Westbrook was shooting, there was far greater chance of OKC sending the game to OT with the fouling strategy IMO.
See, this is the Shit I was talking about the other day.

No, I don't think the youngsters are as good as they played against the Dubs on Xmas.

But, they aren't as bad as they looked against the Cavs, Knicks.

LeBron can't be the difference between the Lakers and the Cavs or you guys are Fucked...lol

Good win, great comeback.

They could've quit down 17.

But, they fought.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By default. Chandler is old as dirt. McGee is good in spurts. But Zubac will have some nice offensive games and then disappear for games. And he's not all that good defensively, which is why he can't stay on the court. When he's not giving you anything on offense, he's not good enough defensively to keep out there over Chandler or McGee. What sort of sucks is it looks like we missed on Thomas Bryant. We cut him in the offseason after one year and now he's balling out for the Wizards.

Zublocka has been playing well as of late...11.1ppg and 5.9rpg in 18.9mpg his last 14 games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd best.

The best was Christmas day.

I don't know. All things considered, I think I might have to agree with Wiggy on this one.

Christmas Day was great. But it was at Staples and they had Lebron for 3 and a half quarters. They could have lost when the Warriors made that run after Lebron went out. But they still had Rondo to help right the ship.

This was on the road without Lebron and Rondo. This was the kids stepping up and playing like grown men.

They were even 19-21 from the free throw line. :shocked: