• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#ThenarrativechangesonceheleavesCleveland
that doesnt even make sense...lol

i just said LeBron whined in Cleveland and more often than not- Griffin delivered for him.

It will be interesting if Magic can deliver a piece to help LeBron at hte deadline- or if he will resort to the pupu platter available after the buy-out deadline if he doesnt have what it takes to get a deal done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What trades are the Cavs going to make?

:heh:
I think the Cavs will trade Burks and Hood and take back some more bad money and continue to accumulate picks/assets for the future - while trying to guarantee a top 3 pick.

I DOUBT Love is moved at the deadline- if he is moved i think it will be in the offseason after teams miss out on the big free agents.

If the Cavs can, in total, add 2-3 first rounders, 3-4 2nd rounders, guarantee a bottom 3 finish, and give their young guys plenty of playing time and experience this year it will be the right way to go.

I am just glad that they pivoted towards the tank and have no delusions about the value of trying to get an 8 seed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to look at it more closely LOL

You just saw the data. He deserved that second one, the unanimous one

You could make a strong case that Lebron should have won the last 8-10 MVP's, even over Steph that year.

But, that was the one year that someone else truly deserved it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs will trade Burks and Hood and take back some more bad money and continue to accumulate picks/assets for the future - while trying to guarantee a top 3 pick.

I DOUBT Love is moved at the deadline- if he is moved i think it will be in the offseason after teams miss out on the big free agents.

If the Cavs can, in total, add 2-3 first rounders, 3-4 2nd rounders, guarantee a bottom 3 finish, and give their young guys plenty of playing time and experience this year it will be the right way to go.

I am just glad that they pivoted towards the tank and have no delusions about the value of trying to get an 8 seed.

Add 2-3 first rounders for that? LOL.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was a lot closer than it should have been considering quite a few Lakers weren't playing "Good" per-say. And that's on top of injuries.

BOOM.

Expexcted an L but they made it closer than it should have been. KCP has been playing well as of late.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add 2-3 first rounders for that? LOL.
well they have already added 1 and 3 2nd rounders...adding 1 or 2 more first rounders should not be a problem....esp. if they use some of the 2nd rounders.

Itll be interesting to see how it goes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @him trying to taunt when he shot 3-20.
i mean...did win the game and had 16 boards, 10 assists....thats not terrible. lol......plus- i mean- his defense- if he was the one doing the guarding on Ball- did a pretty good job holding him to 3 points in 35 minutes. yikes.

George has been amazing for them--- usually on nights when RW shot like that they would absolutely lose--- now- he can go 3/20 but with a top 10 guy in George next to him picking up the slack he can focus on other things sometimes-

dont get me wrong- dude is avergaging 20, 10 and 10. lol.

OKC started out 0-4 and have gone 24-9 since then....pretty good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are Lakers fans salty about PG not signing? You got Lebron freaking James instead lol

Cause we're greedy bastards. lol

Seriously though, I think it's more about him not even meeting with Magic and the bs reason he gave than about him staying in OKC.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's Thunder/Lakers game had one of the worst displays of free throw shooting that I've seen by both teams in a very long time. It was putrid.

If I'm coach Donovan or coach Walton, I'd have the entire team practicing their free throws all day tomorrow.

#JustAwful

lol

At one point I was thinking "Shit, if the Lakers could hit their free throws, they'd have a double digit lead".

Then I realized that the same held true for the Thunder. So the score was right about where it would be any way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are Lakers fans salty about PG not signing? You got Lebron freaking James instead lol
I would guess because its they know that a 34 year old LeBron with the rest of the roster that they have is simply not enough to make any real noise.

With GSW's struggles, with Houston and CP3's injuries, with Utah taking a downturn, with how it would have weakened OKC to take George from them---- if the Lakers had PG they would be sitting very pretty right now.

If OKC and LAL met in the playoffs i dont know how you could take LA over them unless they make osme kind of move. If you took George off of OKC and put him on LAL of course the reverse would be true.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean...did win the game and had 16 boards, 10 assists....thats not terrible.

lol

He shot 3 for fucking 20. That's terrible.

And you can stfu, if Ball put up that kind of triple double, his shooting is all you'd be babbling about.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell ya this....if things start making a turn for the worse LeBron is gonna start whining for more help....its what he always does.

It will be interesting to see what happens-- if Magic goes out and tries to get someone or sits still hoping and praying that AD becomes available this summer.

LeBron is not going to be a happy camper if they are sitting around the 8 seed and he has to go balls to the wall just to make the playoffs.

I doubt we hear much whining from Lebron. He knows that this isn't a finished product and that the Lakers are looking to improve the roster around him asap.

I expect they will be very active around the trade deadline trying to make a trade for AD or someone else.

If that doesn't work, then they will look to make something happen in the off-season through FA and/or trade.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess because its they know that a 34 year old LeBron with the rest of the roster that they have is simply not enough to make any real noise.

With GSW's struggles, with Houston and CP3's injuries, with Utah taking a downturn, with how it would have weakened OKC to take George from them---- if the Lakers had PG they would be sitting very pretty right now.

If OKC and LAL met in the playoffs i dont know how you could take LA over them unless they make osme kind of move. If you took George off of OKC and put him on LAL of course the reverse would be true.

If they play like last night WITH James and Kuzma they can't make any noise?

LOL.