• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ- a point guard that cant shoot is never going to be an asset in the NBA.

How in the sam fuck is he shooting below 50% from the free throw line? that is atrocious. 45% from the free throw line. I do not even understand how that is possible for a guard in the modern NBA.

Same reply I always give that you choose to ignore.....1.1 FTA's a game.....hardly a big enough sample size.

Just like if he was shooting 45% on 1.1 3's a game.....you'd pooh pooh it as not enough.....

Right?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Wiggy he is improving as a shooter.....36% as a rookie. 41% this season.

Just 1.5 seasons into his career. There have been many others who improved their shooting as their careers went on. As you know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sssss
Same reply I always give that you choose to ignore.....1.1 FTA's a game.....hardly a big enough sample size.

Just like if he was shooting 45% on 1.1 3's a game.....you'd pooh pooh it as not enough.....

Right?
he has shot over a 100 free throws- its not like hes only shot 20

100+ free throws is getting to be statistically significant

what you think that it is all just going to balance out and after 500 free throws he is going to be hitting 70%? lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Wiggy he is improving as a shooter.....36% as a rookie. 41% this season.

Just 1.5 seasons into his career. There have been many others who improved their shooting as their careers went on. As you know.
anyone playing iwth LeBron James is going to see their shooting go up.

How much of that increase do you put to better spacing/more open looks due to LeBron and how much solely to improvement? Its obviously not 100% to either- but some kind of split.

ball shot 45.1% from the FT line last year

this yeaer he is shooting 45.0% from the FT line.

DJ- you can probably shoot better than that.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone playing iwth LeBron James is going to see their shooting go up.

How much of that increase do you put to better spacing/more open looks due to LeBron and how much solely to improvement? Its obviously not 100% to either- but some kind of split.

Always with the excuses.....LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right?
Always with the excuses.... LOL

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always with the excuses.... LOL

#Facts

If I was touting him shooting 45% on 3's you'd be LOL about it.

"look at the smape size, it's just ridiculous....it's not enough to determine if he can really shoot. lol, c'mon dj it's rteally not an accurate barometer of his true shooting abilities."

Or some shit like that.

Must be sad all you can do is focus on the Lakers, Heat or Wizards because your Cavs are straight trash.

#McCawLOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always with the excuses.....LOL.
Kuzma left last nights game with a back injury....thats a bummer....

you better hope that LeBron comes back from this hamstring pretty soon....the schedule gets very very tough soon and right now the Lakers are the 8 seed........

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Facts

If I was touting him shooting 45% on 3's you'd be LOL about it.

"look at the smape size, it's just ridiculous....it's not enough to determine if he can really shoot. lol, c'mon dj it's rteally not an accurate barometer of his true shooting abilities."

Or some shit like that.

Must be sad all you can do is focus on the Lakers, Heat or Wizards because your Cavs are straight trash.

#McCawLOL
so you dont think a year and a half of shooting free throws is a good barometer of him as a free throw shooter?

that its just plain bad luck that he shot 45.1% from the FT line last year and 45.0% this year? lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma left last nights game with a back injury....thats a bummer....

you better hope that LeBron comes back from this hamstring pretty soon....the schedule gets very very tough soon and right now the Lakers are the 8 seed........

LOL.

And the season is a long way from over, little boy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

And the season is a long way from over, little boy.
they have got a pretty easy stretch coming up--------- New York, Minne, Dallas, Detroit, Utah, Cleveland, Chicago----- thats a pretty easy 7 game stretch

after that? it gets pretty brutal-

OKC, Houston, GSW, Minne, PHX, Philly, LAC, Golden State, Indiana, Boston, Philly........

I wonder where they will sit on February 11 after that Philly game.

Better pray that 34 year old LeBron does not aggravate that hamstring injury---- the first hamstring injury i can ever remember him having in his career. If it becomes something more serious its lights out.

This is the time of the year where LeBron starts whining for more help--- should be interesting.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody that follows the NBA knows FT shooting is all about developing a rhythm at the line. 1.1 FTA's hardly allows for that.

I'm not saying he's a good to great, clearly he's not.....but I don't think he's as bad as his % indicates he is. Because, there is no difference in shooting them in college compared to the pros......unliike the 3 ball.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have got a pretty easy stretch coming up--------- New York, Minne, Dallas, Detroit, Utah, Cleveland, Chicago----- thats a pretty easy 7 game stretch

after that? it gets pretty brutal-

OKC, Houston, GSW, Minne, PHX, Philly, LAC, Golden State, Indiana, Boston, Philly........

I wonder where they will sit on February 11 after that Philly game.

Better pray that 34 year old LeBron does not aggravate that hamstring injury---- the first hamstring injury i can ever remember him having in his career. If it becomes something more serious its lights out.

This is the time of the year where LeBron starts whining for more help--- should be interesting.

You don't even know the injury.....it's a groin issue, not hamstring.

SMH.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This seems to be par for the course and it actually could be a good time, maybe the best time in the year for it to happen. When you look at their schedule, seven of their next eight games are against teams under .500. It is a good time to see what really is around LeBron James."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even know the injury.....it's a groin issue, not hamstring.

SMH.
I can tell ya this....if things start making a turn for the worse LeBron is gonna start whining for more help....its what he always does.

It will be interesting to see what happens-- if Magic goes out and tries to get someone or sits still hoping and praying that AD becomes available this summer.

LeBron is not going to be a happy camper if they are sitting around the 8 seed and he has to go balls to the wall just to make the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody that follows the NBA knows FT shooting is all about developing a rhythm at the line. 1.1 FTA's hardly allows for that.

I'm not saying he's a good to great, clearly he's not.....but I don't think he's as bad as his % indicates he is. Because, there is no difference in shooting them in college compared to the pros......unliike the 3 ball.
i dont think he is a 45% free throw shooter either- i mean its hard for me to believe ANYONE tht plays the guard position in the NBA cant make 50% of their free throws. As i said- i dont even know how that is possible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, when he was on the Cavs he wasn't whining about needing more help?

:lol:
be absolutely was- and more often than not Griffin made a move to help him out.

We shall see if Magic can make that kind of move.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know who is the only NBA regular with a worse free throw % than Ball?

you guessed it!!

Hassan Whiteside!

Brandon Ingram is also among the 10 worst qualifiers free throw shooting wise in the NBA as well- which is fairly surprising.