• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. Looks like that Lebron fellow might have been an important piece for this Lakers team

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24, 11, and 7 for Winslow.

This guy needs to get consideration for MIP if he keep this up for the rest of season.
crazy he is playing point guard--- thats very interesting.

Ill tell ya- the Cavs are BAAAD right now.

Love, and Hood were supposed to be their 2 most reliable scorers and both are hurt...TT out, Zizic was out tonight- the front court is just decimated.

Its a bad team and injuries have left them very little to no depth.

former d-leaguer Jerome Blossomgame started tonight and got 33 minutes.

their other dleague call up, -Jalen Jones got 23 minutes. Frye played 18 minutes. Its a bad team.

the biggest surprise for me is how good Clarkson has been- he is playing himself into some trade consideration i would think at this point. He has been their most reliable scorer without Love.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. Looks like that Lebron fellow might have been an important piece for this Lakers team
Kuzma's 3 pt shooting has really surprised me--- after today hes gonna be under 30%

dude is taking 6 threes a game --- sitll shooting 48% from the field which is pretty damn good.

Its funny I said in the offseason that Kuzma would be the best fit with LeBron and Ball would not fit at all and i think both things have come to pass. Kuzma shot almost 37% from 3 last year- if he could get up to 35% that would be huge.

Ingram is still so young and i m sure he will improve but I just dont ever see him being an all star level player. I dont really see that explosiveness to his game.

gotta give Hart credit- shooting 4.5 threes a game and its at 38% and plays good D- thats valuable. a solid wing role player. Playing 26 minutse a game.

Missing McGee and LeBron both really hurts the front court defense. Kuzma, Zubac, Chandler is just a pretty dirty front court - esp. defensively. Need LeBron playing a lil power foward and Mcgee playing his 25 minutes or whatever. At least Zubac is cheap.

missing LeBron is HUGE but it doesnt help missing Rondo and McGee-- esp. defensively.....all though- gotta say- a LOT of teams are currently dealing iwth injury issues.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-13 in the West are separated by only 7.5 games.....thats crazy.

LeBron better come back soon @DJ down to the 7 seed....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT has 1 year left on his deal big fucking deal

Yeah, I like to bash TT from time to time. But not about his contract.

He got the contract he got because the Cavs were in "win now" mode and due to being capped out, they couldn't sign a less expensive option.

Plus, it's not like TT is a bad player. He just wasn't worth that money to anyone else. But, because of their situation, he was to the Cavs. They got a title and he was big part of the reason why, so that makes it money well spent, imo.

I don't think Danny Deep Pockets is near the genius that you seem to think he is...but I doubt TT gets that contract if he had less expensive options available to him.

With 1 year left, the timing is pretty good for the Cavs. He'll be due to come of the books at a time when the cap space might actually mean something. They can keep him and re-sign him at a lower rate, maybe trade him as an expiring contract who can actually contribute or just let him walk (although I don't see them doing that).

Heck, if the Lakers get another star (or even if they don't) I wouldn't have a problem with them making a move for him. He's only 27, plays defense, rebounds (very good on the offensive boards) and can get some points without having plays run for him. What team doesn't need a guy like that?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after all the crap I give Zubac, the guy's been playing well...

He's looked more athletic lately. Whatever the Lakers are doing to develop him seems to be working.

I still don't think he projects as more than a solid backup/spot starter. But he has shown a lot of improvement.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-13 in the West are separated by only 7.5 games.....thats crazy.

LeBron better come back soon @DJ down to the 7 seed....

lol

I have a feeling it's going to be like this all season in the West. Win a game...you jump up to the 4th spot. Lose your next one and drop to 7.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny I said in the offseason that Kuzma would be the best fit with LeBron and Ball would not fit at all and i think both things have come to pass. Kuzma shot almost 37% from 3 last year- if he could get up to 35% that would be huge.

Kuzma has really taken to Lebron being there. Not just his fitting alongside him. From what I've read and heard, Kuz pretty much follows Lebron around like a puppy and is trying to learn as much as he can.

As for Lonzo, as I've posted before, he and Lebron fit just fine when Lonzo is running the offense and Lebron is off ball.

But Lonzo tends to get lost at times when Lebron is running the offense because he's not aggressive enough.

So, they fit better than you want to give credit for. But not as well as they need to for it to truly work.