• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill save everyone time

Davis is not going to be traded until AT THE EARLIEST the offseason.

Any talk that he will be dealt before the trade deadline is nonsense.

@tlance can you give us your analysis?

"Anthony Davis might get traded or he might not--- the time frame for a trade is sometime between now, and when he retires"

HARD HITTING ANALYSIS!!! LOL

You are an idiot.

I have said multiple times that AD isn't getting traded this year unless he straight up tells the Pelicans he isn't resigning long for term.

And I make calls all the time. I am just not dumb enough to give up on a 20 year old player less than 2 seasons into their career. So instead I do the clever thing and present a range of outcomes.

Maybe you could learn from that. Would save yourself a lot of embarrassment.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on ESPN that the Pelicans are now on the clock to trade Anthony Davis ASAP to get anything they can in return. That is hilarious...

The Pelicans if they were smart have 0 incentive to be in a rush to trade Anthony Davis, as much as the media want's to hype it. The Pelicans should know that the lakers want AD bad. The lakers are the ones who have all the incentive to make a trade, not vice versa. The lakers will offer all their young players today, tomorrow, next week and next year. With Lebron turning 34, they don't have time to wait 2 years for AD to walk.

In the meantime NO can sit back and listen to other teams offers which will be better, and know that the lakers will be waiting all the way up till the trade deadline next year with bated breath...

Of course NO shouldn't rush it.

ESPN has an agenda because they want to see the Pelicans screw up and trade Davis to LA.

Ironically, if they were to seek a Davis trade right now, it would probably push the Lakers out of contention. Because other teams would be willing to give a whole lot more for 1.5 seasons of AD than they would just 1. And there is always the chance AD pulls a PG and likes where he lands.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing the China league has a shot clock...?

Not sure. And I'd rather watch paint dry than look the info up.

So LeBron finally got hurt. Damn. I knew all that illegal shit he's been taking since 6th grade would wear off some day.:heh:

In troubling time like these your Lakers need some veteran locker room leadership & very questionable shot selection. That's right. It's time for the Purple & Gold to get Melo.

You know me. Anything that could potentially make the Lakers worse I'm all for!

Celtics in seven!:hope:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,914.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout that nets game last night

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,914.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So LeBron finally got hurt. Damn. I knew all that illegal shit he's been taking since 6th grade would wear off some day.:heh:

In troubling time like these your Lakers need some veteran locker room leadership & very questionable shot selection. That's right. It's time for the Purple & Gold to get Melo.

Ohhhhhh so your one of those Lebron Haters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Speaking of toking up I like edibles better than flower. I'll get a gram of wax or shatter from my dispensary on occasion, about once a month. And the beer brats. That's the only reason I'll go & buy some beer anymore. Usually a 24 ouncer.

Not really a fan of edibles. I can't seem to get the dosage right. So, it either doesn't work, or I end up getting so stoned I can't move. lol

I like to get shatter every once in a while and put a little on the flower. Kind of puts a turbo charger on it. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think most people more assumed a Boston-Toronto ECF.

I don't think many people thought Philly would make the ECF after losing those shooters while Toronto added Leonard.

Yeah, I think I had it Raps/C's with the Sixers getting in if either faltered.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you could learn from that. Would save yourself a lot of embarrassment.

That would require him to actually be able to realize that he should be embarrassed.

That's a pretty big ask.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a fan of edibles. I can't seem to get the dosage right. So, it either doesn't work, or I end up getting so stoned I can't move. lol

I like to get shatter every once in a while and put a little on the flower. Kind of puts a turbo charger on it. lol

If you wanna give edibles a try again I suggest you go w/ 10 mg's or maybe less depending on tolerence. If you go w/ a sativa or a hybrid it won't effect you like indica's do. Indica edibles are heavy. The others will be more energetic.

The shatters/waxs pack a helluva punch. Don't need much.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course NO shouldn't rush it.

ESPN has an agenda because they want to see the Pelicans screw up and trade Davis to LA.

Ironically, if they were to seek a Davis trade right now, it would probably push the Lakers out of contention. Because other teams would be willing to give a whole lot more for 1.5 seasons of AD than they would just 1. And there is always the chance AD pulls a PG and likes where he lands.

I think the Lakers best chance rests with AD's relationship with the Pelicans and the ability of Klutch to drive down what other teams will give up by definitively stating that AD isn't signing anywhere but with the Lakers.

Imo, the main reason teams were willing to outbid the Lakers for PG and Kawhi is because neither ever made any definitive statements. They both just said they preferred LA.

If AD is willing to state (or let Klutch state for him) that he won't re-sign anywhere else. That would greatly increase the Lakers chances.

Even then, someone may still decide it's worth it, even if they know he won't re-sign since they would get him for more than a year. In that case, the Lakers would have to hope that the Pelicans are willing to accommodate him by taking a little less for him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers best chance rests with AD's relationship with the Pelicans and the ability of Klutch to drive down what other teams will give up by definitively stating that AD isn't signing anywhere but with the Lakers.

Imo, the main reason teams were willing to outbid the Lakers for PG and Kawhi is because neither ever made any definitive statements. They both just said they preferred LA.

If AD is willing to state (or let Klutch state for him) that he won't re-sign anywhere else. That would greatly increase the Lakers chances.

Even then, someone may still decide it's worth it, even if they know he won't re-sign since they would get him for more than a year. In that case, the Lakers would have to hope that the Pelicans are willing to accommodate him by taking a little less for him.

I agree with you.

I also think teams would be a lot more likely to outbid the Lakers if the Pelicans made a move this season.

Like I said before, I don't think they will.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not like he tore his ACL or MCL.....they don't have to do anything.