• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, do you like Adam Lambert?

Haven't seen any performances with him. I'm probably just being closed minded and I'm sure he's really good. But it's just not Queen without Freddie Mercury.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted on FB that Bohemian Rhapsody was a really enjoyable film for anyone who is not a serious fan of Queen or Freddie. The critics unfairly ravaged it for not being a film it never intended to be.

Yeah, it was basically an overview of their career. It was never intended to be a documentary and tell the full story. That would take at least a 3 part series with each episode being at least 2 hours long.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"LeBron's comments and subsequent leaks -- supported hours later by comments from Davis to Yahoo's Chris Haynes -- that money will not drive Davis' decision could have freaked the Pelicans into accelerating their timetable on potentially trading him. (Those comments weren't shocking. I have been predicting for months -- including most recently in a Dec. 15 television special with Adrian Wojnarowski -- that Davis would turn down the supermax if New Orleans offers it. I would still predict that today. Davis' representatives surely know how close they can get to supermax money by cycling through short-term deals until Davis locks in the largest long-term contract -- a strategy interested teams expect Davis to follow, sources say.)"

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really hate this sort of navel gazing.

Kyrie Irving played really well and made a huge shot to tie the game with about 10 seconds left in regulation. The Sixers had the ball with plenty of time and settled for a JJ Reddick mid range shot that he missed. Either of those shots go the other way, and the Sixers win and the entire discussion flips on its head.

I am a bit frustrated by Brett Brown at the moment because I don't think he is maximizing the talent on the floor but I also realize we are not even half way through the season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could be looking at Milwaukee-Toronto in the ECF after most assumed it would be Boston-Philly.....

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could be looking at Milwaukee-Toronto in the ECF after most assumed it would be Boston-Philly.....

All i know is any combination of those 4 in the semis is going to be great to watch.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen any performances with him. I'm probably just being closed minded and I'm sure he's really good. But it's just not Queen without Freddie Mercury.
Yes I can see that, Freddie was special.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"LeBron's comments and subsequent leaks -- supported hours later by comments from Davis to Yahoo's Chris Haynes -- that money will not drive Davis' decision could have freaked the Pelicans into accelerating their timetable on potentially trading him. (Those comments weren't shocking. I have been predicting for months -- including most recently in a Dec. 15 television special with Adrian Wojnarowski -- that Davis would turn down the supermax if New Orleans offers it. I would still predict that today. Davis' representatives surely know how close they can get to supermax money by cycling through short-term deals until Davis locks in the largest long-term contract -- a strategy interested teams expect Davis to follow, sources say.)"

I heard on ESPN that the Pelicans are now on the clock to trade Anthony Davis ASAP to get anything they can in return. That is hilarious...

The Pelicans if they were smart have 0 incentive to be in a rush to trade Anthony Davis, as much as the media want's to hype it. The Pelicans should know that the lakers want AD bad. The lakers are the ones who have all the incentive to make a trade, not vice versa. The lakers will offer all their young players today, tomorrow, next week and next year. With Lebron turning 34, they don't have time to wait 2 years for AD to walk.

In the meantime NO can sit back and listen to other teams offers which will be better, and know that the lakers will be waiting all the way up till the trade deadline next year with bated breath...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do.

Closest thing to Freddie that we will ever see.

Plus, I watched American Idol.....lol
Hi Mecca Happy New Year! My wife loves Adam. She watched him sing Cher's Believe last night on the Kennedy Center Honors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think most assumed that. I sure didn't.

Not much separating the top 4 teams. Would not be surprised to see any combination of those 4 (Toronto, Milwaukee, Boston, Philly) in the East Finals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think most assumed that. I sure didn't.

Not much separating the top 4 teams. Would not be surprised to see any combination of those 4 (Toronto, Milwaukee, Boston, Philly) in the East Finals.

Yeah I think most people more assumed a Boston-Toronto ECF.

I don't think many people thought Philly would make the ECF after losing those shooters while Toronto added Leonard.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on ESPN that the Pelicans are now on the clock to trade Anthony Davis ASAP to get anything they can in return. That is hilarious...

The Pelicans if they were smart have 0 incentive to be in a rush to trade Anthony Davis, as much as the media want's to hype it. The Pelicans should know that the lakers want AD bad. The lakers are the ones who have all the incentive to make a trade, not vice versa. The lakers will offer all their young players today, tomorrow, next week and next year. With Lebron turning 34, they don't have time to wait 2 years for AD to walk.

In the meantime NO can sit back and listen to other teams offers which will be better, and know that the lakers will be waiting all the way up till the trade deadline next year with bated breath...
ill save everyone time

Davis is not going to be traded until AT THE EARLIEST the offseason.

Any talk that he will be dealt before the trade deadline is nonsense.

@tlance can you give us your analysis?

"Anthony Davis might get traded or he might not--- the time frame for a trade is sometime between now, and when he retires"

HARD HITTING ANALYSIS!!! LOL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. True.

I used to party a good bit, so I've had a hangover or 2.

These days, I'd much rather smoke a bowl than drink.

A buddy of mine left a 6 pack of beer here about 2 or 3 months ago. It's still in my fridge except for 1 that I cooked bratwurst in. lol

I agree. Speaking of toking up I like edibles better than flower. I'll get a gram of wax or shatter from my dispensary on occasion, about once a month. And the beer brats. That's the only reason I'll go & buy some beer anymore. Usually a 24 ouncer.