• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think that @ManuForever could make the team?

Maybe as a backup...he and and Mick would give us 7. We may need a few more to tryout because I get gassed quickly at my age.....we may need an oxygen tank for me, you, CL67, and Mick,

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Alvin Gentry saying Lebron's comments about AD were tampering. I get that he's probably getting a little tired of all of the AD speculation. But his comments were pretty ridiculous.

First, Lebron was asked by a reporter about playing with AD and he said: "That would be amazing. That would be amazing, like, duh, that would be incredible." He never suggested or intimated that the Lakers would/should trade for him.

Second, players have commented about other players for years. Including about playing together. To my knowledge, the league has never disciplined a player for tampering. Players can talk all they want about other players, but at the end of the day, they don't have any real power to make anything happen.

They can make suggestions and do things to pressure their front office, but they can't actually make any trades or sign any FA's.

Having said that, I thought AD gave a great answer when he was asked about it: "It's cool to hear any high caliber player say they want to play with me, but my job is to turn this team around. If we're 15-17, that means I'm not doing my job".

To be fair to Gentry, he did walk his comments back a little by suggesting that Lebron was put in an unwinnable situation: "If he doesn't answer it, then you guys talk about him not answering it. He answers it, now everybody says he's tampering, so it puts him in a bad situation. I'm not sure how he's supposed to handle it anyway".
Dude is terrified of losing his cash cow.

He's going back to being someone's assistant if Davis bolts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is terrified of losing his cash cow.

He's going back to being someone's assistant if Davis bolts.

True. I'm a little surprised that he still has a job. The Pelicans aren't a championship caliber team, but imo, they have enough talent that they should be in the thick of the playoff race.

It's not like they don't have time to turn it around, but, aside from AD and Randle, he doesn't seem to be getting the most he can from the talent they have.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a 3-4 seed .....if we get a 5-8 seed we're going home after the 1st round.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the best looking cheerleaders in @Mecca and @LAD.....
Bitch, please.

You the cheerleader.

I'm a baller.

Fuq out of here with that caveman Shit.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-8 after a 2-5 start......still just a favorable schedule?

:lol:

Kind of, but not entirely. They have some solid wins in that time...Mavs x2, Blazers, Jazz, Pacers, Kings and Spurs.

But they've also beat the Suns, Hawks, Kings, Cavs and depleted Heat x2.

I listed the Kings in both categories because I'm not sure what they are yet. lol

They have some head scratching losses too...Magic x2, Wizards and Nets. They also got crushed by the Raptors, Rockets and Nuggets.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of, but not entirely. They have some solid wins in that time...Mavs x2, Blazers, Jazz, Pacers, Kings and Spurs.

But they've also beat the Suns, Hawks, Kings, Cavs and depleted Heat x2.

I listed the Kings in both categories because I'm not sure what they are yet. lol

They have some head scratching losses too...Magic x2, Wizards and Nets. They also got crushed by the Raptors, Rockets and Nuggets.

25 games is almost a third of the NBA schedule......we can only play the schedule we have.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I'm a little surprised that he still has a job. The Pelicans aren't a championship caliber team, but imo, they have enough talent that they should be in the thick of the playoff race.

It's not like they don't have time to turn it around, but, aside from AD and Randle, he doesn't seem to be getting the most he can from the talent they have.
They got caught up in the Warriors system and thought he could duplicate it since he was Associate Head Coach.

Sadly, you can't run the Warriors offense with Solomon Hill, Tim Frazier and Andrew Harrison....lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 games is almost a third of the NBA schedule......we can only play the schedule we have.

I agree. But that's why you can't really make too much of them going 17-8 over that stretch. It's not bad, obviously. But it was a more favorable part of the schedule.

If they can duplicate that or close to it during a tougher stretch of the schedule, then they might really have something.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO Mecca wit' the posterization AND the female teabag...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

I've moved on.....didn't want to see Big Red make an appearance.......you Hooplans have never seen that it in it's full horror. Made cameos in the gun shot ridden threads on FN and some of us have never been the same since.