• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now, but the Spurs are hitting their stride. 7-1 in their last 8, their last 5 victories all by 25+ (only the second team in history to do that), have the best offense and 5th best defense in that 7-1 stretch. Held last 7 opponents under 100 points.

Hopefully this isn't just a fluke and it continues at Houston later tonight.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Trey...

Yup, Lonzo sucks...

To be fair, he had little to no real impact on the game for much of the first half. But he was a little more aggressive in the 2nd half and finished with a decent line.

There are going to be times when Lebron is going to be running the offense for all or most of the game. Especially games like last night when it's their first home game after a 1-3 road trip and they need the win.

Lonzo needs to understand that when that happens, he needs to be more aggressive about scoring. If he does, Lebron will find him, he'll have better shots and that should help him.

It's a hard thing to do, but if he truly wants to live up to his draft status, he needs to be able to do it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he had little to no real impact on the game for much of the first half. But he was a little more aggressive in the 2nd half and finished with a decent line.

There are going to be times when Lebron is going to be running the offense for all or most of the game. Especially games like last night when it's their first home game after a 1-3 road trip and they need the win.

Lonzo needs to understand that when that happens, he needs to be more aggressive about scoring. If he does, Lebron will find him, he'll have better shots and that should help him.

It's a hard thing to do, but if he truly wants to live up to his draft status, he needs to be able to do it.

I know. more of a reaction to Shane's "trainwreck" assessment...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Alvin Gentry saying Lebron's comments about AD were tampering. I get that he's probably getting a little tired of all of the AD speculation. But his comments were pretty ridiculous.

First, Lebron was asked by a reporter about playing with AD and he said: "That would be amazing. That would be amazing, like, duh, that would be incredible." He never suggested or intimated that the Lakers would/should trade for him.

Second, players have commented about other players for years. Including about playing together. To my knowledge, the league has never disciplined a player for tampering. Players can talk all they want about other players, but at the end of the day, they don't have any real power to make anything happen.

They can make suggestions and do things to pressure their front office, but they can't actually make any trades or sign any FA's.

Having said that, I thought AD gave a great answer when he was asked about it: "It's cool to hear any high caliber player say they want to play with me, but my job is to turn this team around. If we're 15-17, that means I'm not doing my job".

To be fair to Gentry, he did walk his comments back a little by suggesting that Lebron was put in an unwinnable situation: "If he doesn't answer it, then you guys talk about him not answering it. He answers it, now everybody says he's tampering, so it puts him in a bad situation. I'm not sure how he's supposed to handle it anyway".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't score a lot.....you are inefficient.

Funny. Defense, passing, and rebounding don't matter.

But, if he played for the Cavs? We'd hear a different song and dance. Just like abt Clarkson and Nance once they got to the Cavs.

To be fair, every new Cavs player has to drink from the Cuyahoga River which gives them super powers.

Or maybe it's dysentery. Can't remember which.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now, but the Spurs are hitting their stride. 7-1 in their last 8, their last 5 victories all by 25+ (only the second team in history to do that), have the best offense and 5th best defense in that 7-1 stretch. Held last 7 opponents under 100 points.

Hopefully this isn't just a fluke and it continues at Houston later tonight.

That's why I never write them off.

As long as Pop is the coach, they are going to be a factor. I swear, he could take you, me a 3 other knuckleheads from these boards and get us to an 8th seed. lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zublocka is still just 21....some team will end up getting him and he could turn into a player if he gets the needed amount of PT a youngster needs.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zublocka is still just 21....some team will end up getting him and he could turn into a player if he gets the needed amount of PT a youngster needs.

Dunno, man. I think he played above his head last night. Course if he does it again I might change my mind...

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno, man. I think he played above his head last night. Course if he does it again I might change my mind...

He got 32 minutes last night.....he usually gets 4-7 minutes per game this season. Hard to produce without the minutes.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the PG....I'll lob it into the post at Mick or CL.

Not sure what Lance and BKS are good at it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong, give Zubac the fuggin game ball...

He looked good last night. He's been doing some work too. He looked more athletic last night than he has previously.

I still think solid backup is his ceiling, but maybe I should say "solid backup/spot starter".

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good last night. He's been doing some work too. He looked more athletic last night than he has previously.

I still think solid backup is his ceiling, but maybe I should say "solid backup/spot starter".

lol I know, right. when he did that spin move to the cup I was all like "whoa, who's the cat wearing Zubac's number"...?!