• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
simple question, who would YOU take for a QB between the two right now...?

Mayfield, or Mahomes...?

call me a homer, but I'm taking Money Mahomes 10 times outta 10...

Reactions: DJ

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, no one is going to say Dark was better. but Mahomes? sorry, but the early numbers AND the eye test say he's better...

maybe that can be revisited down the road, but not now Imo...
Right, because in the NBA so much more of the statistical difference is individual - Player X is better than Player Y because he's generating 7 PPG of offense more than Player Y - but the NFL, despite the importance of the QB position, is entirely a team construct. Mahomes plays behind a better line, has better receivers and, at least pre-season, had a much easier schedule than Baker's Browns. He also wasn't being coached by the new night manager at the Wendy's location in Dayton. Pointing to Mahomes winning their first head-to-head under those circumstances and yelling "BEST!" is jibberish.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
simple question, who would YOU take for a QB between the two right now...?

Mayfield, or Mahomes...?

call me a homer, but I'm taking Money Mahomes 10 times outta 10...

Right now the answer's Mahomes & it's not even close. But he had the advantage of being on the Chiefs sideline (and film room) his rookie year before he was named the starter. Mayfield was thrown into a dysfunctional situation as a rookie.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as happy as any Browns fan for the progress they've made since Hue Jackson was fired. But I disagree that 90% would prefer Baker over LeBron.

So does this mean you'll now start slobbering all over Mayfield since LeBron is gone?

"It would not even be close" :pound:
your not a Cavs fan though-- i am talking about Cleveland fans--- not pickers and choosers.

If you had legit Cleveland fans that rooted for all 3 franchsies, if you put out Lindor- one of the best playersi n baseball, LeBron- or Baker--- Baker would EASILY EASILY EASILY be #1....it wouldnt even be close. It would be a landslide for Baker.

Cleveland is first and foremost, always had, always will be a football town---before LeBron Cavs were easily the 3rd most popular franchise....now they are probably about even with the Tribe....but both- even though they have had FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more success than the Browns are still no where NEAR the Browns in popularity.

Bernie Kosar never even got to the Super Bowl--- he was a very good but not great QB and he is still deified in Cleveland. Baker without a doubt has the tools to be much better and he has the attitude that Clevelanders love.

If you gave Cleveland fans the option- pick one, Baker or LeBron- it would EASILY EASILY EASILY EASILY, I cannot tell you how easily, it would be Baker. It would be a landslide. Itwould not even be close.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because in the NBA so much more of the statistical difference is individual - Player X is better than Player Y because he's generating 7 PPG of offense more than Player Y - but the NFL, despite the importance of the QB position, is entirely a team construct. Mahomes plays behind a better line, has better receivers and, at least pre-season, had a much easier schedule than Baker's Browns. He also wasn't being coached by the new night manager at the Wendy's location in Dayton. Pointing to Mahomes winning their first head-to-head under those circumstances and yelling "BEST!" is jibberish.

OK, then pray tell how do YOU judge the 2...?

all we got is numbers at this point. HARDLY "gibberish "...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and yes, I'm saying "best" right now...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your not a Cavs fan though-- i am talking about Cleveland fans--- not pickers and choosers.

If you had legit Cleveland fans that rooted for all 3 franchsies, if you put out Lindor- one of the best playersi n baseball, LeBron- or Baker--- Baker would EASILY EASILY EASILY be #1....it wouldnt even be close. It would be a landslide for Baker.

Cleveland is first and foremost, always had, always will be a football town---before LeBron Cavs were easily the 3rd most popular franchise....now they are probably about even with the Tribe....but both- even though they have had FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more success than the Browns are still no where NEAR the Browns in popularity.

Bernie Kosar never even got to the Super Bowl--- he was a very good but not great QB and he is still deified in Cleveland. Baker without a doubt has the tools to be much better and he has the attitude that Clevelanders love.

If you gave Cleveland fans the option- pick one, Baker or LeBron- it would EASILY EASILY EASILY EASILY, I cannot tell you how easily, it would be Baker. It would be a landslide. Itwould not even be close.

I am a Cleveland fan you stupid dumbass. And since you have such an issue w/ me being a Celtics fan here's why.

When my father & grand parents arrived in the U.S. from Ireland they settled in the city of Boston. My father lived there until he was 14. Then they moved to NE Ohio.

Will your dumbfuckery ever end?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, then pray tell how do YOU judge the 2...?

all we got is numbers at this point. HARDLY "gibberish "...
It's small sample size so, technically, yeah it is gibberish. That's lesson 1 in Statistics 101 - give yourself time to accurately assess the subjects rather than jump to conclusions based on limited data.

It's also unbalanced data - Mahomes has been working off the same playbook for two years now, was an understudy, took over once everybody was prepared and ready to do so. Baker is a rookie who started the season as fucking Tyrod Taylor's backup and is already on his second HC.

You're free to think Mahomes is better, and FWIW I think in the long run he likely is the better player, I just don't see it as logical to go waiving around limited stats and one H2H as definitely proof to date considering the adversity one faces where the other is in as comfortable a situation as can be.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Cleveland fan you stupid dumbass. And since you have such an issue w/ me being a Celtics fan here's why.

When my father & grand parents arrived in the U.S. from Ireland they settled in the city of Boston. My father lived there until he was 14. Then they moved to NE Ohio.

you cant be a Cleveland fan if you are a Celtics fan.....wtf are you even talking about?

I would never try andclaim i was a Cleveland fan if i rooted for the Browns, Cavs and Yankees- thats a joke.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant be a Cleveland fan if you are a Celtics fan.....wtf are you even talking about?

I would never try andclaim i was a Cleveland fan if i rooted for the Browns, Cavs and Yankees- thats a joke.

The guys nuts you've had in your mouth for years (LeBron) is a Yankess fan. Funny how you never had an issue w/ that though. You nonstop loudmouth hypocrite.

And the only joke around here is you.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's small sample size so, technically, yeah it is gibberish. That's lesson 1 in Statistics 101 - give yourself time to accurately assess the subjects rather than jump to conclusions based on limited data.

It's also unbalanced data - Mahomes has been working off the same playbook for two years now, was an understudy, took over once everybody was prepared and ready to do so. Baker is a rookie who started the season as fucking Tyrod Taylor's backup and is already on his second HC.

You're free to think Mahomes is better, and FWIW I think in the long run he likely is the better player, I just don't see it as logical to go waiving around limited stats and one H2H as definitely proof to date considering the adversity one faces where the other is in as comfortable a situation as can be.

Guess that's why I said "best right now"...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hell I am a Cleveland fan and huge Baker fan and i would give the nod to Mahomes....but Baker is not too far behind and there are not too many QB's in the league looking forward that I would trade straight up for Baker.

Id rather have Baker than Allen of Buffalo, Tannehill of Miami, Darnold of NYJ, Jackson of Bmore, Dalton of Cincy, Bortles of Jville, Mariota of Tenn, Keenum of Denver, Carr of Oak, Dak of Dallas, Eli of NYG, Smith/McCoy of Wash, Trubiskey of CHI, Cousins of Minn., Winston of TAmpa, Rosen of ARI, Garapollo of San Fran

There are older QBs that are better than Baker like Rivers, Rothlisberger, Brees, Brady--- all of who id rather have in the short term, but all I would not trade Baker for considering the long term and that its doubtful any of those guys plays more than another couple years. I think the youngest one of those guys is like 37....

As for the young guys- id rather have Mahomes, but Goff, Wentz, Watson, Luck would all be tough decisions because of injury concerns/performance. Wentz and Luck have had major injuries in multiple years. Goff has tons of weapons and looks great at times but has also struggled at times.

Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Matt Stafford, are all arguable.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Cleveland kinda did no? They tanked to get Bron, then tanked to get Kyrie/Wiggins and then Bron came back. That's a title pretty much entirely won with four Cavaliers first overall picks.
But did they tank on purpose like Philly did or were they just shitty? A team can get the #1 pick without intentionally trying to.

Philly is kind of the inventor of being shitty on purpose for years. They even gave it a name (The Process)

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys nuts you've had in your mouth for years (LeBron) is a Yankess fan. Funny how you never had an issue w/ that though. You nonstop loudmouth hypocrite.

And the only joke around here is you.
I never said LeBron was a Cleveland fan though--- you cant pick and choose your teams and call yoursellf a fan of a certain city. Either you are a Cleveland fan or you arent. You obviously are not since you are a Celtics fan. Its that simple.