• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressive win by the Rap's...

... defensive minded teams can make the Warriors appear human, at times.
Agreed.
THAT was a good win for them. GS had their key guys AND Tor was without Leonard.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu

1995 NBA Draft, Warriors take Joe Smith first overall. Next 4 picks were Antonio McDyess, Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace and Kevin Garnett

1996 NBA Draft, Warriors take Todd Fuller. 4 of the next 6 picks are Kobe Bryant, Peja Stojakovic, Steve Nash, Jermaine O'Neal.

1997 NBA Draft, Warriors take Adonal Foyle. Next pick is Tracy McGrady.

1998 NBA Draft, Warriors take Vince Carter. Then we traded him for Antawn Jamison.

Now that's a bad 4 years.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who leads the league in 4th quarter scoring again? Better closer my backside. Kyrie is also a defensive sieve.
4th quarter scoring & closing games are not same same my friend. You know the difference.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu

1995 NBA Draft, Warriors take Joe Smith first overall. Next 4 picks were Antonio McDyess, Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace and Kevin Garnett

1996 NBA Draft, Warriors take Todd Fuller. 4 of the next 6 picks are Kobe Bryant, Peja Stojakovic, Steve Nash, Jermaine O'Neal.

1998 NBA Draft, Warriors take Vince Carter. Then we traded him for Antawn Jamison.

Damn. Didn't realize all of that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i gotta tell ya....that Milwaukee deal was a great fucking deal.....

Henson is actually a decent value on that contract- if they dont move him THIS deadline for value they should without a doubt be able to move him next deadline for some value---- he has value as more than just an expiring--- but the Bucks had a lot of other crap they gotta take care of.

And Delly- while he was sucking with the limited opps in milwaukee has balled outi n Cleveland thus far--- so much so that it worries me a little that they might win too many games....

I would give that deal a solid B+/A- for the Cavs....1st, 2nd, Delly and Henson with 1 year each left on their deals for Hill and Dekker was pretty fucking fabulous if you ask me.

That's a win. They are future picks and probably wont be like top 15 or anything but you can ALWAYS use extra picks. You can put them in a deal to get better picks, players, etc. Especially since both those guys are young for an old Hill and Dekker, who I like, but he isn't anything special and didn't play much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count Kevin Durant as a fan of Zion Williamson.

The former MVP and Golden State star was plenty complimentary of the Duke standout freshman while making an appearance on making an appearance on The Bill Simmons podcast.

“I believe he’s special,” Durant said. “He’s a once-in-a generation-athlete. I’ve never seen somebody like that before.

“Zion WIlliamson, I’ve never seen somebody that’s lefty that can dunk with this right hand like that and cock the ball back so far and jump so high off two feet. I’ve seen people jump high, but not that way.”

Durant certainly has an opinio

He has an opinion on everything now, I think he is actually trying too hard to someone he is not, be yourself man. That being said, he is right about Zion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu

So say they make two great picks in 95 and 96 most likely they don't get those high picks in 97 and 98 but they have a combo of KG or Rasheed with Peja or Kobe or Nash...yeah that is pretty bad. At least they got Vince...ohh wait they traded him lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So say they make two great picks in 95 and 96 most likely they don't get those high picks in 97 and 98 but they have a combo of KG or Rasheed with Peja or Kobe or Nash...yeah that is pretty bad. At least they got Vince...ohh wait they traded him lol

Well the biggest thing for me is that ok I get your aversion to take a high schooler like KG in 95. But then you see him flourish and see that it's potentially working to look at talent that way. Then in 96, the Lakers take Kobe, he doesn't put up big numbers but it's absolutely evident from watching him play that first year that he's super talented and could have a nice career ahead of him (not necessarily him becoming KOBE BRYANT).

So then you get to 97 and you think to yourself, well the last two years, HS have been high picks, maybe we'll take a shot on another super talented guy coming out of HS too. NOPE. We decide we're going to go with Adonal Foyle...another center. Despite drafting a PF and C the last two drafts.

I mean for fucks sake. Then you draft Vince Carter and trade him for a PF.

In 4 years they drafted PF, C, C, PF.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the biggest thing for me is that ok I get your aversion to take a high schooler like KG in 95. But then you see him flourish and see that it's potentially working to look at talent that way. Then in 96, the Lakers take Kobe, he doesn't put up big numbers but it's absolutely evident from watching him play that first year that he's super talented and could have a nice career ahead of him (not necessarily him becoming KOBE BRYANT).

So then you get to 97 and you think to yourself, well the last two years, HS have been high picks, maybe we'll take a shot on another super talented guy coming out of HS too. NOPE. We decide we're going to go with Adonal Foyle...another center. Despite drafting a PF and C the last two drafts.

I mean for fucks sake. Then you draft Vince Carter and trade him for a PF.

In 4 years they drafted PF, C, C, PF.

I don't know who the fuck Todd Fuller is but it's like they tried to fuck up more after the 95 and 96 drafts. Well if anything changed back then it could have affected what are now...one way to look at it lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA refs also agree Chris Webber is terrible at his job.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a win. They are future picks and probably wont be like top 15 or anything but you can ALWAYS use extra picks. You can put them in a deal to get better picks, players, etc. Especially since both those guys are young for an old Hill and Dekker, who I like, but he isn't anything special and didn't play much.
draft picks are a great currency to make deals.....

its why if i am the Suns i get proactive--- they still have extra picks coming in- like the Bucks pick, there own pick and just a ton of young guys.

There are only so many young guys you can have on a team before guys start losing major value

like who knows with jackson if he was in a good situation with some vets and got ample playing time

playing with a bunch of rookies- that while they have talent, are kinda clueless as to the ways of the NBA, and getting spotty playing time, etc....it makes it easy for one's value to go down very quickly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a very overlapping section of Raptors fans who were outraged at both the Casey firing and the DeRozan trade.

Like I always say, every fanbase has a good chunk of idiots.

Haven't watched much basketball this season. From the times I've seen Toronto, they look like a completely different team. If I had to pick a team coming out of the East right now, I'd go with Toronto.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors/Kings part 2 tonight, Kings need revenge after barely losing the first matchup.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Cowherd yesterday, Doug Gottlieb contradicted Windhorsts claim that Lebron has been blowing off Luke's plays.

He said that from what he's been told, Lebron has been very respectful to Luke, likes him and has not ignored even one play Luke has called.

Just shows, one person reports one thing and someone else is going to report something different. No way to know what is actually true. Although I do expect that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I have no doubt that Lebron probably has blown off a play here and there, it's a superstars prerogative to do that from time to time. I also think that he probably does like and respect Luke as well.

Weren't Luke and LeBron in the same draft class?

LeBron's treatment of and unwillingness to listen to coaches has held his teams back at certain times, IMO. It is one of very few aspects of LeBron's legacy on and off the court that I think he could improved on.

That said, you have a GOAT caliber player being coached by someone who was in his own draft class?

That might be tough for a guy like LeBron to really take Luke seriously. How is Luke expected to actually challenge LeBron unless LeBron is completely willing to be coached by Luke?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of high draft picks that suck out loud what's Anthony Bennett been up to lately?

I was waiting to bring that up with the Cavs super fan himself.....LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're not trying to imply LBJ is good on defense because he definitely don't play defense. Last night's game is exhibit A, B AND C. SMH

Look at Kobe once he got older.....as superstars age they have to conserve energy......

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors/Kings part 2 tonight, Kings need revenge after barely losing the first matchup.

Kings are fun as hell this year. Hopefully this is the type of game that gets the Warriors back on track. The Warriors are currently 13th in the NBA in pace. That's crazy. Kings are actually a great model of how to get out and run.

Reactions: DJ

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors are playing some good basketball this yr. Beating a healthy Warriors team by 20 is such a great confidence boost for them. They play Portland tonight, don't know if Leonard is back or not.

Reactions: LAD

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are fun as hell this year. Hopefully this is the type of game that gets the Warriors back on track. The Warriors are currently 13th in the NBA in pace. That's crazy. Kings are actually a great model of how to get out and run.
I think the Kings are 2nd in pace and 1st in 3pt shooting, weird to think the Warriors are near league average in pace. Even with the Warriors not looking like their usual selves and the Kings winning 5 of their last 6 it's gonna be a tough test for the super, but young team. Beating the Warriors with most of their team healthy would be a huge confidence boost, but I can't say I'm expecting it.