• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean my gawd. If we the fans could see this coming it makes you wonder what drug the FO was on when they let him walk instead of paying him. Yet, they caved to Capela. Mind boggling.

But, in regard to getting him back, they may be a dollar short & a day late.

In all honestly, Capella is harder to replace than Ariza.

They really needed both.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert Arenas then?

But this is why I think he either learned this in New York or he taught Isiah how to do it. It's always been assumed that Thomas had photos of Dolan with under-aged girls/boys since nothing else explained how he continued to have a job for so long.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is why I think he either learned this in New York or he taught Isiah how to do it. It's always been assumed that Thomas had photos of Dolan with under-aged girls/boys since nothing else explained how he continued to have a job for so long.

So you are saying we are both right?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They really needed both.

Yeah, they HAD to resign Capella. And they probably would have signed Ariza for 7 mill again. But the Suns made that impossible for their own bizarre reasons.

I don't think losing Ariza is the reason why they are struggling but it certainly hurt.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when you are a top team, the regular season is almost meaningless. All that matters is getting to May and June healthy. The Raptors are a top team.

So my question to you:

Why risk overworking your franchise player to increase your odds of winning a November game that you have a pretty good chance of winning anyway?
Well my opinion is you let him play early on to build chemistry and jell with his new team mates. That way they can afford to rest him more as the season progresses & when he'll most likely need it more. Most teams like to rest their guys towards the end of reg season to help them get ready for the post season. Which is why doing it in Oct/Nov/Dec seems odd to me unless he's not truly healthy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They really needed both.
I agree they need both - but I thought Ariza made a bigger impact on BOTH ends of the court. And, I think I might have been right if we're basing it on what we've seen from Hou thus far.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my opinion is you let him play early on to build chemistry and jell with his new team mates. That way they can afford to rest him more as the season progresses & when he'll most likely need it more. Most teams like to rest their guys towards the end of reg season to help them get ready for the post season. Which is why doing it in Oct/Nov/Dec seems odd to me unless he's not truly healthy.

It could be that he's healthy, but the injured area is still a little weak. It seems that their way of resting him has been to sit him out in 1 game of back to backs. That would make sense so as to not fatigue the injured area. Remember, he basically sat out the entire year last year.

I would think that once he has fully regained strength in the injured area, the next step will be to let him play both games of back to backs.

So, not really resting him from a "keep him fresh for the playoffs" perspective. But also not truly injured anymore either.

More to protect the area until he has full strength to prevent a reoccurrence.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that is the other possibility. I've said this from the beginning. I don't think he's fully healthy. But, on the flip side when he plays he looks great.

So my problem with this situation is really why are they resting him so early in the season? I get that they don't want to wear him down, but goodness they were resting him the first week of the reg season. It just seemed strange.
The only reason I can think of is because he wasn't nearly as healthy as we all thought and needs more time to heal.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your point is. I have been defending Kawhi literally every step of the way. Last year and this year.
On that we both agree, that was my point inasmuch that the Spurs were wrong last year when they threw him under the bus

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be that he's healthy, but the injured area is still a little weak. It seems that their way of resting him has been to sit him out in 1 game of back to backs. That would make sense so as to not fatigue the injured area. Remember, he basically sat out the entire year last year.

I would think that once he has fully regained strength in the injured area, the next step will be to let him play both games of back to backs.

So, not really resting him from a "keep him fresh for the playoffs" perspective. But also not truly injured anymore either.

More to protect the area until he has full strength to prevent a reoccurrence.
And this goes more towards my thoughts of him not being fully healthy. I figured it had to be something. But it also begs the question of why isn't he healthy if he sat out the entire season last year.

It just feels like the answers only create more questions. lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks and Nets are in tank mode. Why would they want KCP or Ariza? FTR, Lin is on the Hawks. Same thing applies to them.

I really don't know what teams would be interested in taking on KCP. He has value but not so much that a team would give up an asset to get him.

There would be draft considerations involved.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going round and round about KCP, but the answer is really simple.

Phoenix needs a point guard. Devin Booker is not a primary ball handler. Getting a player capable of running an offense would go a long way toward helping Booker and Ayton develop.

Problem is, almost all of the non-mediocre PGs out there are either already on contending teams, or young players unlikely to be dealt for a veteran by a rebuilder.

All except 1. John Wall.

It would be a gamble for sure, and the contract sucks, but because of the bargain basement cost, it could be exactly what the Suns need.

Ariza + Troy Daniels and a future pick (not this year's and with some protections) for John Wall

The Suns can then rest him and Booker enough to lock up a bottom 3 seed, then head into next season with a lineup of:

Wall, Booker, Bridges, Zion/Barret/Reddish, and Ayton

With TJ Warren, Josh Jackson plus whatever vets they can sign for leadership purposes coming off the bench. Not too shabby.

Does anyone really want to pay John Wall $40M per?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be funny considering TT has been hands down WAY better than Lonzo this year and they have a PG that is already much better than Lonzo almost 30 games into his rookie season LOL

I don't see a rookie PG on that roster. There is an undersized rookie shooting guard from Alabama....