• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there it is. Regardless, I've been about as anti-Boogie as anyone on this board. Adding his cancerous ways to the young Lakers roster would've been suicidal IMO.
And your opinion in that regard is fine...but let's not act like the Lakers weren't given a chance to sign him.

#FactCheckingIsReal

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at it in the opposite way; they needed 47 pts from George to edge out a mediocre Nets team in the final seconds that will be gutted for free agents over the summer. Great to get that kind of production from George and get the win, but why was an extraordinary individual effort needed to beat the Nets?
This should definitely raise some questions with OKC's coaching staff.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, if I were a Thunder fan, I'd want to see how this works in the playoffs and/or late in the season when they are fighting for seeding. That's when Westbrook can be very difficult to play with because he likes to play hero ball.

If he can learn to do what he did in the 4th quarter last night, when the games really matter, then the Thunder will be a very dangerous team. If not, it'll be another 1st or 2nd round exit.
And for those reasons I do not think they will seed top 3. I have them more around 6-8 - as long as RW stays healthy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is putting up his highest scoring average in 10 seasons and doing it while averaging a career low in minutes.
Because whom else on that team is going to do it? On the flip side of that coin you have Curry putting up very nice numbers while playing along side KD & Klay.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is putting up his highest scoring average in 10 seasons and doing it while averaging a career low in minutes.
Because whom else on that team is going to do it? On the flip side of that coin you have Curry putting up very nice numbers while playing along side KD & Klay.
However, is he going to go somewhere with no other superstars? Guaranteed way to not win any more titles.
Which he got a preview of with Steph & Dray out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, here they are in 5th place thus far. Maybe they actually could've afforded the risk while Cousins recovered?? Now, there's a possibility Cousins won't give them the time of day once he's healthy since they weren't willing to take a chance on him. If any player thinks like that I would have to guess it would be Cousins.
Personally, I would have taken that deal just to keep the Warriors from doing that, but Magic was most likely afraid it would keep him from signing another agent this year which did not happen.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to get a new medical staff.

To be fair both are for personal reasons. Can't blame Hassan if his girl is having a baby....but yeah I did say that weeks ago on the heat board

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But I think he believes that if he teamed up with a Kawhi, or Butler or someone like that, he will get most of the credit.

Lebron is still the best player in the game, so no one is getting credit over him.

If KD wants to get credit he needs to win on a team other than GS. I honestly don't know if he is capable of that.

The only thing we really know about KD is he couldn't win with a pretty damn good team, and joined the best team that he could win with (basically anyone could have joined that team and had a pretty good shot at winning imo)

If he ever wants to be listed with the top greats, he needs to win outside of GS...and what tam he chooses will def be a factor

The thing that is pissing me off about KD is he talks a lot of crap for someone who imo hasn't backed it up. He wants to be the best player in the NBA, well go prove it off of GS. His comments about lebron seem a little jealous tbh

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which he got a preview of with Steph & Dray out.

That is a good point, but Lebron has proven he can score pretty well no matter who is on the team

Sometimes it's easier to score when you are on a better team tho, build up a big lead the other team quits...Gets a lot of easy buckets, open buckets. I do agree lebron scoring a lot is because he has to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KD wants to get credit he needs to win on a team other than GS. I honestly don't know if he is capable of that.

The only thing we really know about KD is he couldn't win with a pretty damn good team, and joined the best team that he could win with (basically anyone could have joined that team and had a pretty good shot at winning imo)

If he ever wants to be listed with the top greats, he needs to win outside of GS...and what tam he chooses will def be a factor

The thing that is pissing me off about KD is he talks a lot of crap for someone who imo hasn't backed it up. He wants to be the best player in the NBA, well go prove it off of GS. His comments about lebron seem a little jealous tbh
he should go to the Knicks or Nets with Kemba.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should go to the Knicks or Nets with Kemba.

The only problem with Durant is, i don't think he is as good as he thinks he is...So winning a championship outside of GS is unlikely unless the team is absoloutly loaded with stars.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cleveland Crapaliers are 5-19 right now. I was really hoping they would have gone 2-80.

#dangilbertforprez-o-dent2020

The funny thing is we lost 3 super stars and we still have "stiff" competition for the worst record in the league...lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is we lost 3 super stars and we still have "stiff" competition for the worst record in the league...lol

No the Cavs lost 1 superstar, LeBron. Nobody in their right mind would call Love a superstar. And while Kyrie's an All Star caliber player pump the breaks on calling him a superstar because he's not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with Durant is,

He's a chump that had to defend himself on social media w/ a fake account & had to run to the team he couldn't beat to reach the ultimate goal?

#KDisapussy

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with Durant is, i don't think he is as good as he thinks he is...So winning a championship outside of GS is unlikely unless the team is absoloutly loaded with stars.
So he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't.

Why would a star want to play on a team with no help? Who do we know that's ever won that way?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't.

Why would a star want to play on a team with no help? Who do we know that's ever won that way?

No help? He had RW, Ibaka, Kanter, Steven Adams and a nice bench. He was up 3-1 on GW.

If you can’t beat em, join em

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a chump that had to defend himself on social media w/ a fake account & had to run to the team he couldn't beat to reach the ultimate goal?

#KDisapussy
I think we've seen players join other "great" players long before KD did it. He gets a bad rap for doing it though because GS happened to be the team that beat him the season before. That's stupid semantics.

You don't think if LBJ had the chance to play with Curry and/or KD he would take it? And if you don't think so, why not? He joined forces with Wade & Bosh when they were in their primes to give himself the best chance to win. Having the best odds at winning is exactly what KD wanted and it worked out as a win for them all...multiple times already.