• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right, but I hope you aren't!

I would love something like Josh Jackson, Ryan Anderson and a 1st for Wall and Rivers

You never know when a GM is going to lose their minds, but giving up Jackson and a 1st for the right to pay a disgruntled star 47 million dollars in his age 32 year seems more than a little crazy. And that is before you factor in the poisonous environment that currently exists in the locker room.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know when a GM is going to lose their minds, but giving up Jackson and a 1st for the right to pay a disgruntled star 47 million dollars in his age 32 year seems more than a little crazy. And that is before you factor in the poisonous environment that currently exists in the locker room.
Maybe it's me, but wouldn't WAS have to throw in their 1st rounder just to get rid of Wall's contract? There's no way they are getting value in return, let alone all-star value. The only way PHX absorbs that contract is if they are getting a 1st round pick in return. At least that's what I would want. Then offer to buy him out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's me, but wouldn't WAS have to throw in their 1st rounder just to get rid of Wall's contract? There's no way they are getting value in return, let alone all-star value. The only way PHX absorbs that contract is if they are getting a 1st round pick in return. At least that's what I would want. Then offer to buy him out.

Buy him out?

No.

Phoenix needs a PG. they have cap space.

They might not want Wall. But put him on the court with Booker, Ayton, Bridges and Warren and they are. A possible playoff team. They aren't that far off and PG is the missing piece.

The question is whether they are willing to pay Wall. If they trade for him, they keep him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way that any team is going to trade for Wall as a salary dump move. They will want to keep him. But he is VERY expensive.

IMO, Wall might make sense for Phoenix because A) it would let Booker be more of a pure shooter B) it would get them a big time name.

Those are potential positives but there is also the very real issue of Wall getting paid an absurd amount of money over the next 3 years. And there is also the very real concern that he does not play well with others.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL This is US is the best show on TV by far and it is a family show. Not sure why anyone is acting like it is a female show

If you're not a family man then it isn't for you.

I am a family man, but have never actually seen the show. Just messing with you. lol

My wife watches it and says I'd probably like it. This time of year though, between work and all of the sports on tv, I can't even keep up with the shows that I do watch. My dvr is getting pretty full.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It works.

The Suns must be far enough under the cap then to absorb that contract and send out the ones you mentioned.....usually salaries have to match within 75-80% I believe.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns must be far enough under the cap then to absorb that contract and send out the ones you mentioned.....usually salaries have to match within 75-80% I believe.

They do match anyway.

Wall is only making 19 million this year.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Washington had all those great prospects? Dejounte Murray, Marquese Chriss, Markelle Fultz...almost snagged Michael Porter too.

And all of them may end up being marginal NBA players.

Reactions: DJ

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

So KD got fined 25K for telling a fan to shut the fuck up. He's such a bitch.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, some Wall haters in here.

That's what I've been thinking.....he's a great point guard but he signed a huuuuuuge extension and he's apparently the reason the Wiz locker-room is toxic.

I think he could be fine in a new situation.....