• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 4 ? Fuck no.....

But, I'd do Ingram, Ball (since Wall will also be traded once they blow it up), KCP and a 1st....hell maybe a few 1st rounders since Beal is young enough to be with the Lakers a long time.

I'd prefer keeping Hart and Kuzma.....Ingram and Ball might be more appealing to the Wizards IMO.

THAT part...

Hart and Kuzma definitely are keepers...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT part...

Hart and Kuzma definitely are keepers...

I'm starting to think Ingram is what he always will be....he looks like he smokes too much and just needs to quit that until he retires.....professional sports career is just 8-12 years if you're lucky.....plenty of time for that illegal shit once you're retired.

Smoking that fucking Devil's Lettuce and shit.....

*Waves cane in the air as I leave for now*

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see something like that working. Beal is already good and might be even better if he's away from Wall (similar to Oladipo getting away from Westbrook).

However, if KD stays with the Warriors, I don't think that gets the Lakers to where they need to be to take them down. So, they'd need to get him while still having room to add a 3rd guy.

Beal is making $25 million this year and it jumps to $27 and $28 over the next 2 years. Not sure what trade the Lakers can do that would work under the cap.

Also, the Wizards aren't going to take any discounts on Beal. Beal is their best asset. They will demand a king's ransom for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Wizards aren't going to take any discounts on Beal. Beal is their best asset. They will demand a king's ransom for him.
yah its not like the Lakers would be the only team in on Beale- other teams would as well. Its not like the Wizards are having a distressed sale and everything must go ASAP. They can wait and get the deal they want- especially since multiple teams will likely inquire.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Wiz tanked this year- and got assets for Wall and Beale they might not have too long of a rebuilding stretch either----- if not for their incompetent management anyway.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are waiting to see if Lebron and Lonzo can make things work.

Things seem to work best when Lonzo is running the offense because he's a great passer and Lebron is a great scorer. They have had some amazing plays.

It becomes an issue when Lebron is running the offense because Lonzo is not a great scorer.

So, when Lebron is running the offense, Lonzo ends up hanging out on the perimeter just watching and moving the ball. I think Lonzo needs to become more aggressive and look to score more when Lebron is running the offense.

To be fair, I haven’t watched a ton of Lakers because Beasley not playing.
But, I was at game last night and James had no interest in anyone but himself making decisions.
Maybe it was just because he didnt want to lose in Miami again?

I’d say its pretty safe to stay that as the season moves along, and games become important, we’re going to see what we saw last night.
If James goes down, it won’t be because he wasn’t driving the bus.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I was at game last night and James had no interest in anyone but himself making decisions.

I’d say its pretty safe to stay that as the season moves along, and games become important, we’re going to see what we saw last night.
thats been the story his whole career----

these people who thought LeBron would be okay playing off the ball just absolutely flabbergasted that they thought LeBron would all of a sudden give up the ball and play i nthe post

A. he HATES playing in the post

B. he is a control freak- he wouldnt trust freaking Kyrie with the ball- and hes gonna trust a 21 year old kid?

it just made no sense.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but this was hilarious:

The internet always wins!!!20181119_105533.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Steph Curry is a product of the system, needs to go ahead and STFU for all time about that. The Warriors have turned into a D-League team without him and he was playing at an MVP pace before that. With Curry the Warriors looked almost unbeatable and dominant. Without him, they've been getting their ass kicked handily.

Steph Curry is probably one of, if not the most consistently underrated players of all time. I get it, but just because he doesn't look like a dominant player, doesn't mean he doesn't control the game the way any of the all-time greats have done before him.
There have been a handful of players who have such unique and dominant skill sets that they bend the game and actually change it: Shaq, MJ, Magic, LeBron ..Curry is definitely on the list

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think Ingram is what he always will be....he looks like he smokes too much and just needs to quit that until he retires.....professional sports career is just 8-12 years if you're lucky.....plenty of time for that illegal shit once you're retired.

Totally legal now

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Devil's Lettuce.:pound:

Old Man.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Steph Curry is a product of the system, needs to go ahead and STFU for all time about that. The Warriors have turned into a D-League team without him and he was playing at an MVP pace before that. With Curry the Warriors looked almost unbeatable and dominant. Without him, they've been getting their ass kicked handily.

Steph Curry is probably one of, if not the most consistently underrated players of all time. I get it, but just because he doesn't look like a dominant player, doesn't mean he doesn't control the game the way any of the all-time greats have done before him.

He's won 2 MVPs. He is also widely considered the greatest shooter in NBA history. Hard to argue that he is underrated.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 4 ? Fuck no.....

But, I'd do Ingram, Ball (since Wall will also be traded once they blow it up), KCP and a 1st....hell maybe a few 1st rounders since Beal is young enough to be with the Lakers a long time.

I'd prefer keeping Hart and Kuzma.....Ingram and Ball might be more appealing to the Wizards IMO.
Who do you see taking Wall for 40 mil per?

Maybe the Suns?

Does KCP fall into the NTC category since he's on a 1 year deal?

I don't remember how that works.

Because , if you need his consent, thats gonna be a problem.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the Suns?

someoen will take Wall

maybe not till the offseason

teams still have dreams of Kawhi or Kyrie or Butler or Durant......

once the musical chairs of NBA free agency stops- and teams are left without one of those A list stars- guys like Wall, Love etc. will have more value and be dealt.

for example- Knicks arent trading for Wall as long as they think they might have a shot at a Kyrie or a Durant or Kawhi or whatever---- but if they strike out- they will absolutely pursue someone like Wall.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's won 2 MVPs. He is also widely considered the greatest shooter in NBA history. Hard to argue that he is underrated.

I'm talking from the perspective that people still do not put him up in the highest tier of NBA talent. Hard to be considered an all time great when at your peak, you've not even considered there.

If given the chance how many people right now would take Kawhi over Curry? Giannis? AD? Harden? Westbrook?

I think Curry is continually underrated from the fact that people would rather have a franchise to start around some other guys than him. When he's not only a generational talent, but truly an all time great.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking from the perspective that people still do not put him up in the highest tier of NBA talent. Hard to be considered an all time great when at your peak, you've not even considered there.

If given the chance how many people right now would take Kawhi over Curry? Giannis? AD? Harden? Westbrook?

I think Curry is continually underrated from the fact that people would rather have a franchise to start around some other guys than him. When he's not only a generational talent, but truly an all time great.

Assuming they were all the same age, the only player I would absolutely take over Curry is Lebron. AD and Giannis I would definitely think about. KD as well. No way I take Westbrook or Harden over Steph. Kawhi is a tough one because he is so well-rounded.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. If a trade could be worked, it almost assuredly require some combination of at least 2 of the young guys and one of them would almost assuredly have to be Ingram, who I don't think the Lakers would give up.

Even at that, there are other teams that could use him and would be willing to make a better offer than the Lakers would.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no. I agree that some of what we saw was probably him not wanting to lose in Miami again. But also, he was "feeling it" last night from the opening tip. When your superstar player gets going like that...you just gotta "let the big dog eat". lol

I also agree that as the season wears on, Lebron will ramp up his game to make sure they don't miss the playoffs. How much he does will be determined by how well the young guys develop and everyone gets on the same page.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the Suns?

Yeah, he's on a 1 year "Bird deal" so he would have to agree to be traded.