• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he knows what he is doing- FINALLY the Browns have someone that knows what they are doing- now Jimmy HAslem needs to just get the fuck outta the way.

The bold is the key at this point. Just amazes me how many owners think that they know how to build a team, coach a team, etc.

Hire people that know what they're doing and let them do their job.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other people have posted a lot of it- but here is, what i think is the most pertinent part:

There is nuance with the Irving deal. When Irving demanded to be traded in July 2017, he did so in large part because he no longer wanted to play with James.

Irving, in fact, told the Cavs he wanted out so badly he’d go ahead with knee surgery and miss a large portion of the year if he wasn’t traded. James, who did little to try to bridge the divide with Irving, told the Cavs to keep Irving in spite of his threats.

Kyrie wanted out.....LeBron didnt want him to leave- but never even picked up the phone to call Irving because his ego got in the way.

I trust Vardon, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

when Kyrie was asked (on 1st take) if they had dialog: "No I didn't talk to him. Why should I have to?"

when LeBron was asked if they had dialog: "I did have one conversation with him after I heard about the trade request. I reached out to him to try and talk to him, but, you guys know Kyrie".

I love how people keep trying to make the Kyrie thing somehow LeBron's fault. Kyrie surprised everyone, especially LeBron. LeBron is the one that wanted to keep him and work on the relationship. Management decided to trade him. So your conclusion about LeBron's ego is laughable.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and he fact that LeBron refused to commit even if they agreed not to grant Kyrie's wish.

yeah but thats a bitch move for management to even ask that.

No player should ever commit to anything beyond the terms of their contract, regardless of the situation. That's the purpose of the contract.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers might as well move Ball unless they are willing to wait to develop him once James leaves.

I think they are waiting to see if Lebron and Lonzo can make things work.

Things seem to work best when Lonzo is running the offense because he's a great passer and Lebron is a great scorer. They have had some amazing plays.

It becomes an issue when Lebron is running the offense because Lonzo is not a great scorer.

So, when Lebron is running the offense, Lonzo ends up hanging out on the perimeter just watching and moving the ball. I think Lonzo needs to become more aggressive and look to score more when Lebron is running the offense.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Jackson repetitive for us with Ingram and Kuzma?
Because I'm thinking long-term, I will say no.

At, 6'7 and change, He can play the 2 or 3.

I see him as your sg.

I doubt Lance or KCP will be back next year unless they are looking for the minimum.

Ps. He is actually the polar opposite of Kuz.

All Defense, no offense.

That can be a issue for a sg.

But, he could be a poor man's Andre Roberson with way more offensive upside.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

I'd be willing to make a play for Beal....he'd be perfect with James. And acquired via trade we could still pursue a 3rd name guy next summer.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are waiting to see if Lebron and Lonzo can make things work.

Things seem to work best when Lonzo is running the offense because he's a great passer and Lebron is a great scorer. They have had some amazing plays.

It becomes an issue when Lebron is running the offense because Lonzo is not a great scorer.

So, when Lebron is running the offense, Lonzo ends up hanging out on the perimeter just watching and moving the ball. I think Lonzo needs to become more aggressive and look to score more when Lebron is running the offense.

This....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but thats a bitch move for management to even ask that.

No player should ever commit to anything beyond the terms of their contract, regardless of the situation. That's the purpose of the contract.

Agree.

I understand the Cavs wanting to ask. They are trying to get a read on the future of the franchise. Are they going to have to rebuild? Or are they trying to get back to the finals?

But I just don't think it's a question you can ask. It takes away some of the players leverage and sets them up to look bad if they ultimately decide to leave anyway.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Steph Curry is a product of the system, needs to go ahead and STFU for all time about that. The Warriors have turned into a D-League team without him and he was playing at an MVP pace before that. With Curry the Warriors looked almost unbeatable and dominant. Without him, they've been getting their ass kicked handily.

Steph Curry is probably one of, if not the most consistently underrated players of all time. I get it, but just because he doesn't look like a dominant player, doesn't mean he doesn't control the game the way any of the all-time greats have done before him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

I'd be willing to make a play for Beal....he'd be perfect with James. And acquired via trade we could still pursue a 3rd name guy next summer.

I could see something like that working. Beal is already good and might be even better if he's away from Wall (similar to Oladipo getting away from Westbrook).

However, if KD stays with the Warriors, I don't think that gets the Lakers to where they need to be to take them down. So, they'd need to get him while still having room to add a 3rd guy.

Beal is making $25 million this year and it jumps to $27 and $28 over the next 2 years. Not sure what trade the Lakers can do that would work under the cap.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see something like that working. Beal is already good and might be even better if he's away from Wall (similar to Oladipo getting away from Westbrook).

However, if KD stays with the Warriors, I don't think that gets the Lakers to where they need to be to take them down. So, they'd need to get him while still having room to add a 3rd guy.

Beal is making $25 million this year and it jumps to $27 and $28 over the next 2 years. Not sure what trade the Lakers can do that would work under the cap.
KCP and Ingram or Ball.

But, is that enough of a return for Washington?

I could see them wanting all 3 or maybe substitute Hart for Lonzo.

If you want to have a max spot this Summer, you need to keep all your 1 year deals and deal guys with multi years.

So, the only guys that you can trade are Kuz, Hart, Ingram, Ball to match salaries and maintain flexibility.

That's too steep a price for Beal.

2 of the 3, yes.

All 4?

Pass.

Last edited:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP and Ingram or Ball.

But, is that enough of a return for Washington?

I could see them wanting all 3 or maybe substitute Hart for Lonzo.

If you want to have a max spot this Summer, you need to keep all your 1 year deals and deal guys with multi years.

So, the only guys that you can trade are Kuz, Hart, Ingram, Ball to match salaries

That's too steep a price for Beal.

2 of the 3, yes.

All 4?

Pass.
All 4 ? Fuck no.....

But, I'd do Ingram, Ball (since Wall will also be traded once they blow it up), KCP and a 1st....hell maybe a few 1st rounders since Beal is young enough to be with the Lakers a long time.

I'd prefer keeping Hart and Kuzma.....Ingram and Ball might be more appealing to the Wizards IMO.