• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Lonzo's biggest issue is that he plays next to a guy who does everything he does well, better.

Now, you don't give Lonzo away.

But, if he gets you a better fitting piece, yeah.

Fultz needs a change of scenery.

Because of where he was picked, people over scrutinize every hitch in his shooting motion.

That pump fake free throw isn't doing him any favors either.

Phoenix, Cleveland a team with lower exposure would be better.

Shit, he could go to the Clippers.

Nobody would ever notice him there....lol
ive said it since day 1- Ball is a terrible fit next to LeBron.

The Lakers would be infinitely better off with a guy who can shoot and doesnt need the ball in his hands to be effective.

To a certain extent, its not Lonzo's fault he is miscast on this team. There is a reason why LeBron has never played with a "pure" point guard- it makes no sense to take the ball out of Bron's hands for any significant amount of time.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hope so.

He could use a change of scenery.

I don't like shitting on kids.

But, the pressure on the team to succeed is much higher with the Butler acquisition.

I think Toronto and Boston are better. But, it isn't by a margin that can't be overcome by simply building chemistry.

Come playoff time, I'd probably go with TJ over Markelle.

That’s why I want Fultz to play now. It’s been frustrating to see him benched for TJ for the sake of winning regular season games (and then we end up losing anyway.) Let him get some experience and confidence so that when the playoffs roll around, we’re able to rely on him to play some minutes against Boston or Toronto or whoever else.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the drawback of not looking for his shot. With Lebron on the team, he needs to look for his shot at least a little more so that they can take full advantage when teams look to slow Lebron.

Theoretically, looking to score more, should eventually lead to actually scoring more. He's never going to put up the scoring numbers of the score first point guards, that would actually be a detriment to what the Lakers are looking to do. But, he's got to be able to give them something on that end.

He was always going to be the one to struggle the most to find his place next to Lebron because he doesn't look to score. I think he has this season (or most of it) to try to figure it out. If not, then I think the Lakers will probably look to move him.

He and Lebron seem to fit best when Lonzo is running the point because Lebron is a great scorer and Lonzo is a great passer. He's had some amazing feeds to Lebron.

It becomes a problem though, when Lebron is running the offense because Lonzo, while he has shown improvement, just isn't a strong scorer and spends most of the time on the perimeter watching or just keeping the ball moving rather than being aggressive.
Perfect piece for the Lakers or Sixers is a guy both already had.

Lou Williams.

He would be phenomenal.

The Clippers don't want to get anywhere near the playoffs.

So, I'm concerned that he could get dealt.

Well, it's early and they will cool off.

Gallo hasn't even had his annual Season ending injury yet.

I'm hoping we can film flam some team into taking him before he ruptures something.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why I want Fultz to play now. It’s been frustrating to see him benched for TJ for the sake of winning regular season games (and then we end up losing anyway.) Let him get some experience and confidence so that when the playoffs roll around, we’re able to rely on him to play some minutes against Boston or Toronto or whoever else.
Yeah, I concede this point.

You are right.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they are winning.

He has to be ecstatic right now.

He's going to get paid and he has 2 young studs with that dog in him that he wanted.

I don't think he has any problems.

Exactly. Butler is averaging 19 points per game so far. It’s not like he’s drastically off his usual average. And it’s only 3 games.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive said it since day 1- Ball is a terrible fit next to LeBron.

The Lakers would be infinitely better off with a guy who can shoot and doesnt need the ball in his hands to be effective.

To a certain extent, its not Lonzo's fault he is miscast on this team. There is a reason why LeBron has never played with a "pure" point guard- it makes no sense to take the ball out of Bron's hands for any significant amount of time.
Agree.

Plus, it's not just LeBron.

It's Ingram too.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Lonzo's biggest issue is that he plays next to a guy who does everything he does well, better.

Now, you don't give Lonzo away.

But, if he gets you a better fitting piece, yeah.

Fultz needs a change of scenery.

Because of where he was picked, people over scrutinize every hitch in his shooting motion.

That pump fake free throw isn't doing him any favors either.

Phoenix, Cleveland a team with lower exposure would be better.

Shit, he could go to the Clippers.

Nobody would ever notice him there....lol

Stop it!!!!!!!

The PTSD needs to go.....the Clipps are 10-5.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lou Williams.

He would be phenomenal.

I'm hoping we can film flam some team into taking him before he ruptures something.

I love Lou. I think I’m the only one who called him this but I used to call him “Little Kobe.” Just his mentality on offense reminded me of Kobe. Never afraid to take a shot. Came up with a lot of big shots for the 76ers. Obviously that’s pretty much where the comparison ends.

What would it take to pry him from the Clippers?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Butler is averaging 19 points per game so far. It’s not like he’s drastically off his usual average. And it’s only 3 games.
I mean, Embiid is like KAT on steroids with attitude and the game to back it up.

Fuck a jump shot, that would just be gravy.

" No heart " is not a term I've ever seen used to describe Ben.

He uses his physical gifts and he uses them well...lol

Plus, the money....

Jimmy is a okay.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Lou. I think I’m the only one who called him this but I used to call him “Little Kobe.” Just his mentality on offense reminded me of Kobe. Never afraid to take a shot. Came up with a lot of big shots for the 76ers. Obviously that’s pretty much where the comparison ends.

What would it take to pry him from the Clippers?
Who knows.

But, they want to shed more salary for the Summer....to chase who?

Pipe dreams....imo

Gallo would be ideal.

But, Lou is their biggest trade chip.

Last year, they wanted a first rounder at the deadline.

He has 2 more years at 8 mil per. So, that's a value contract.

I would love to see him go to the Sixers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the thing though.

A few extra minutes here and there is not going to help him fix what is broken.

You need a knock down shooter next to simmons and Butler and Fultz can't hit the broad side of a barn.

They need to trade him while he still has upside value. Combine him with Smith and a first and you might be able to get somebody like Kemba or Beal.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows.

But, they want to shed more salary for the Summer....to chase who?

Pipe dreams....imo

Gallo would be ideal.

But, Lou is their biggest trade chip.

Last year, they wanted a first rounder at the deadline.

He has 2 more years at 8 mil per. So, that's a value contract.

I would love to see him go to the Sixers.

I’d give up their 2020 or 2021 first rounder. I don’t think they can trade 2019 since it’s tied to the Fultz trade.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lou Williams.

He would be phenomenal.

Yeah, I wanted the Lakers to keep Lou when they had him. Would love to see him come back.

I think it's too early to give up on Lebron and Lonzo figuring things out...but I wouldn't be broken hearted to see Lonzo go to the Clips in a trade that brought back Lou. Not sure if the Clips would be interested though.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing though.

A few extra minutes here and there is not going to help him fix what is broken.

You need a knock down shooter next to simmons and Butler and Fultz can't hit the broad side of a barn.

They need to trade him while he still has upside value. Combine him with Smith and a first and you might be able to get somebody like Kemba or Beal.

If you can do that trade (for Beal), that’s a no brainer. Not sure about Kemba.

Playing and gaining confidence COULD help him get through whatever he’s got going on. And what upside value does he have right now? I don’t know. I think you get pennies on the dollar. I don’t see those trades actually happening unless the 76ers give up more than that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can do that trade (for Beal), that’s a no brainer. Not sure about Kemba.

Playing and gaining confidence COULD help him get through whatever he’s got going on. And what upside value does he have right now? I don’t know. I think you get pennies on the dollar. I don’t see those trades actually happening unless the 76ers give up more than that.

Would that even work? Beal is on a huge contract already. Sixers already paid Embiid, will pay Butler in the summer, and will extend Simmons for a max deal before the start of next season.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that even work? Beal is on a huge contract already. Sixers already paid Embiid, will pay Butler in the summer, and will extend Simmons for a max deal before the start of next season.

Not sure. We just shipped out Bayless so that’s one contract we can’t use. I guess it could mean trading Redick? Not sure I’d want to do that either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the surface, Fultz's talent doesn't appear to be the issue. I'm sure there are probably teams that may be willing to gamble a little that a change of scenery will help and give up something decent for him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wanted the Lakers to keep Lou when they had him. Would love to see him come back.

I think it's too early to give up on Lebron and Lonzo figuring things out...but I wouldn't be broken hearted to see Lonzo go to the Clips in a trade that brought back Lou. Not sure if the Clips would be interested though.
I think they would've had they not drafted SGA.

I could see the Lakers getting something done with the Suns for Josh Jackson.

Mikal Bridges is going to take his spot.

You can all ready tell...lol