• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% Draymond was overall in the wrong, but dude is gonna say what's on his mind all the time. And after this I can really empathize with him. KD's been coddled by the organization and catering to him, when the Warriors were already established before him. It's kind of a weird situation.

Dr-LzmxU8AEJIiO.jpg

Bringing up KD upcoming free agency crossed the line. This is a business. Players are free agents all the time. He should be grateful for KD. Warriors are probably still stuck on 1 title if KD never came there.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up KD contract crossed the line. This is a business. Players are free agents all the time. He should be grateful for KD. Warriors are probably still stuck on 1 title if KD never came there.

Absolutely, which is why I said he definitely crossed the line. Action had to be taken by the Warriors, which I think was appropriate. You never count another player's money. Steph set that example at least for the Warriors.

I think the Warriors would have had 2 titles, but that's just me as a Warrior fan I suppose.

What Draymond is really alluding to I suppose is that the rest of the team has already bought in. The Warriors are trying for their 3rd title, in their 3rd season with Durant, yet he's not sold? Not my perspective, but Draymond's. I don't agree, but I empathize. Draymond is ALL ABOUT WINNING.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors would have had 2 titles, but that's just me as a Warrior fan I suppose.

I could understand why you think that but IMO, the 2017 Cavs would have won that series without KD available because KD freaking owned that series and no doubt Houston would have beat them last year without KD

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...

Seriously, though, that kid should be put in a cop car... that ain't basketball, that's assault.

10 out of 10 for selling that, though... kid looked back over his shoulder like he was concerned whether the ball went in or not... then *BOOM*... shooter didn't have a chance.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could understand why you think that but IMO, the 2017 Cavs would have won that series without KD available because KD freaking owned that series and no doubt Houston would have beat them last year without KD

Yeah, I could definitely see that scenario too. But at the same time, Steph wasn't really Steph in 2017. Mostly because he took a little backseat to KD. The offense evolved to incorporate KD and it was really centered around putting him in different positions with the ball and Steph off the ball more. So I could see a scenario in which you're right, the Cavs win going away in 2017. But I could also see another scenario where Steph continues his MVP-type play and makes it really interesting. Remember he was the reigning 2x MVP before KD left. He sacrificed the most.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph going to be the real MVP of the season if he can get the team back in order. He's honestly the only one who can do so at this time.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't know if they would have won or not

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And about the

We don't know if they would have won or not

To be fair the Cavs were probably at their peak as a team in 2017. Even better than the team that won in 2016. The Warriors would definitely not had a cake walk and it would have been a dog fight at best.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair the Cavs were probably at their peak as a team in 2017. Even better than the team that won in 2016. The Warriors would definitely not had a cake walk and it would have been a dog fight at best.

Yeah but it's not a given either team would win

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But without KD they surely would have used that money on another good player. There's no way to know what Houston would have done. Would Houston have built that team to take on the Warriors the same way? Too many variables.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% Draymond was overall in the wrong, but dude is gonna say what's on his mind all the time. And after this I can really empathize with him. KD's been coddled by the organization and catering to him, when the Warriors were already established before him. It's kind of a weird situation.

Dr-LzmxU8AEJIiO.jpg
I disagree. I think there should be limits of what people say to each other - especially in a group setting. I don't think Dray was entitled to place the blame of the media stories surrounding KD's FA status solely on KD. At the end of the day KD has earned his F/A rights just like everyone else and it's his decision to make. Whether or not he decides to leave shouldn't impact Draymond today & how he plays the game this season.

To your point about the team coddling KD I think they have protected him, as they should. But, they have also protected Dray & had his back throughout his many tantrums & unnecessary tech's & suspensions. Dray needs to stop acting like a child and own his piece of that mistake. There was no need to make this a personal attack & he should apologize for that piece of it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think there should be limits of what people say to each other - especially in a group setting. I don't think Dray was entitled to place the blame of the media stories surrounding KD's FA status solely on KD. At the end of the day KD has earned his F/A rights just like everyone else and it's his decision to make. Whether or not he decides to leave shouldn't impact Draymond today & how he plays the game this season.

To your point about the team coddling KD I think they have protected him, as they should. But, they have also protected Dray & had his back throughout his many tantrums & unnecessary tech's & suspensions. Dray needs to stop acting like a child and own his piece of that mistake. There was no need to make this a personal attack & he should apologize for that piece of it.

I have said numerous times that Draymond crossed the line and even in the post you quoted. So not sure what you're disagreeing with.

The coddling doesn't refer to the incident itself, but more-so to the fact that KD's continually hanging free agency over the Warriors head. I understand it fully from KD's perspective, so not trying to portray him as a villain, only that they are willing to concede more to KD because of his potential impending free agency.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said numerous times that Draymond crossed the line and even in the post you quoted. So not sure what you're disagreeing with.

The coddling doesn't refer to the incident itself, but more-so to the fact that KD's continually hanging free agency over the Warriors head. I understand it fully from KD's perspective, so not trying to portray him as a villain, only that they are willing to concede more to KD because of his potential impending free agency.
I disagree with empathizing with Dray. Sorry that wasn't made clear in my post.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dray definitely crossed the line, but I also understand why he may be frustrated with KD.

Wasn't Draymond the one who basically went to the rest of the team and vouched for KD saying that KD would be a great fit for the Warriors?

KD is the only one who doesn't seem fully bought in and appears to possibly have a different agenda than the rest of the guys.

Having said that, one of the cardinal rules in all professional sports (and life in general, for that matter) is that you don't count another man's money. So Dray was definitely in the wrong there.