• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
set it up.

Lakers arent getting to 47 wins in the West this year and thats what its gonna take.

Even the mediocre teams are solid in the West. There are just so few pushovers.

Blazers are about to own the tiebreaker too and thats gonna be a close team.

Rockets, Thunder, Jazz, Warriors, Nuggets i feel comfortable will finish ahead of the Lakers.

I am obviously betting that the Spurs, Blazers, and one out of the Pelicans, Twolves, do too.

Lakers already have coaching issues, LeBron is being asked to do absolutely everything- be the best rebounder, passer, scorer etc....

They just dont look good enough.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
set it up.

Lakers arent getting to 47 wins in the West this year and thats what its gonna take.

Even the mediocre teams are solid in the West. There are just so few pushovers.

Blazers are about to own the tiebreaker too and thats gonna be a close team.

Rockets, Thunder, Jazz, Warriors, Nuggets i feel comfortable will finish ahead of the Lakers.

I am obviously betting that the Spurs, Blazers, and one out of the Pelicans, Twolves, do too.

Lakers already have coaching issues, LeBron is being asked to do absolutely everything- be the best rebounder, passer, scorer etc....

They just dont look good enough.

Accept it.....it's already set up.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a secretary to read the shit to you?

LMAO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 up it, @wiggy

Loser disappears from tHoop? I'm down.
nope....i def want ot make fun of you when, if the Lakers do make the playoffs- when they are bounced early for the first time in nearly a decade for LeBron- and when they fail to get a major free agent this offseason, and they fail to win anything of consequence during their lebron era.

they arent getting kawhi- i think we all know that.

they will have to settle for a 2nd tier guy or two that just wont be good enough for lebron to win. Lakers didnt get enough during their 5 crappy years. Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/Hart just will not be good enough to win anything of substance and they wont sign another major big time free agent.

Now if they had Gary Harris, Nikola Jokic and Murray like the Nuggets, or Ayton, Booker, Jackson, Bridges, or Mitchell, Gobert, id be worried.

but they had 3 #2 overall picks and got Russell, Ingram and Ball. That will be their eventual downfall and the reason why they never get over the top in the long run. The Cavs, during their down years at least came up with Kyrie and took the gamble for trading for Love. The Lakers never found their Kyrie and stupidly held onto their pick instead of trading for George. It will be their eventual downfall and the reason why the LEBron James era will end in failure.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope....i def want ot make fun of you when, if the Lakers do make the playoffs- when they are bounced early for the first time in nearly a decade for LeBron- and when they fail to get a major free agent this offseason, and they fail to win anything of consequence during their lebron era.

they will have to settle for a 2nd tier guy or two that just wont be good enough for lebron to win. Lakers didnt get enough during their 5 crappy years. Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/Hart just will not be good enough to win anything of substance and they wont sign another major big time free agent.

Now if they had Gary Harris, Nikola Jokic and Murray like the Nuggets, or Ayton, Booker, Jackson, Bridges, or Mitchell, Gobert, id be worried.

but they had 3 #2 overall picks and got Russell, Ingram and Ball. That will be their eventual downfall and the reason why they never get over the top in the long run. The Cavs, during their down years at least came up with Kyrie and took the gamble for trading for Love. The Lakers never found their Kyrie and stupidly held onto their pick instead of grading for George. It will be their eventual downfall and the reason why the LEBron James era will end in failure.

Translation: "I'm chicken shit."

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but they had 3 #2 overall picks and got Russell, Ingram and Ball. That will be their eventual downfall and the reason why they never get over the top in the long run. The Cavs, during their down years at least came up with Kyrie and took the gamble for trading for Love. The Lakers never found their Kyrie and stupidly held onto their pick instead of trading for George. It will be their eventual downfall and the reason why the LEBron James era will end in failure.

Changing the bet already? You said they won't make the postseason......now it's bounced early?

I do verbal jiu jitsu for a living.......you can't hang with me, bro.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early b-day present for me.....47 on Wednesday.......

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Late night with DJ and Wiggy in the NBA threads.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: "I'm chicken shit."
deep down you know i am right. I know you wanted them to trade for George.

they just didnt get enough while they were bad and it will haunt them.

they had to hit big time on at least one of those 3 #2 picks and it didnt happen. Their other lotto pick (Randle) they just let leave for nothing (which made no sense).

When you have 3 #2 overall picks and suck for 5 straight years you just gotta do better than Ingram, Ball and Russell. When we look back at why LeBron in LA was a failure that is what everyone will say- the Lakers just didnt pick the right guys while they were rebuilding. They didnt get that Wade or Kyrie in the draft. They didnt use a pick to trade for that Kevin Love type.

They dont have a #2 and LeBron will be 34 in a month. From what i see in free agency, its highly unlikely Klay goes there...its highly unlikely KAwhi goes there....there is no way Kyrie goes there obviously. It doesnt look like Butler wants anthing to do with the LAkers.

Maybe Kemba Walker or Khris Middleton? Either would be solid signings are fringe all star levle players but neither would be enough- i know that you and you know that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deep down you know i am right. I know you wanted them to trade for George.

they just didnt get enough while they were bad and it will haunt them.

they had to hit big time on at least one of those 3 #2 picks and it didnt happen. Their other lotto pick (Randle) they just let leave for nothing (which made no sense).

When you have 3 #2 overall picks and suck for 5 straight years you just gotta do better than Ingram, Ball and Russell. When we look back at why LeBron in LA was a failure that is what everyone will say- the Lakers just didnt pick the right guys while they were rebuilding. They didnt get that Wade or Kyrie in the draft. They didnt use a pick to trade for that Kevin Love type.

They dont have a #2 and LeBron will be 34 in a month. From what i see in free agency, its highly unlikely Klay goes there...its highly unlikely KAwhi goes there....there is no way Kyrie goes there obviously. It doesnt look like Butler wants anthing to do with the LAkers.

Maybe Kemba Walker or Khris Middleton? Either would be solid signings are fringe all star levle players but neither would be enough- i know that you and you know that.

Bet on the Cavs wins for the season?

C'mon......

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing the bet already? You said they won't make the postseason......now it's bounced early?

I do verbal jiu jitsu for a living.......you can't hang with me, bro.
no DJ...you harass people that dont have anymoney and try and squeeze money out of them.

I regularly deal with opposing counsel, the IRS, the State of OHio etc and assist in negotiating settlement..

thats verbal ju-jitsu. Verbal ju-jitsu is not robo-calling people and begging them for money. lol

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beg? LOL.

You clearly don't know what I do.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beg? LOL.

You clearly don't know what I do.....
i know preceisely what you do

a little computer randomly calls people that you beg for money. You start each call by saying "this is a notice to collect a debt" - the rules of the FDCPA basically make it so you cant do shit or say anything aggressive to anyone or you are breaking the law and will be sued. it cuts your balls off.

a company sells their rolled up aged receivables to your company for 50 cents on the dollar (if that), and you beg people for money for a while.

there is outrageous turnover in that industry as no one wants to do it for any length of time.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know preceisely what you do

a little computer randomly calls people that you beg for money. You start each call by saying "this is a notice to collect a debt" - the rules of the FDCPA basically make it so you cant do shit or say anything aggressive to anyone or you are breaking the law and will be sued. it cuts your balls off.

a company sells their rolled up aged receivables to your company for 50 cents on the dollar (if that), and you beg people for money for a while.

there is outrageous turnover in that industry as no one wants to do it for any length of time.

And you'd be wrong.

Nothing new to the frequent visitors to the NBA threads......LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a 5k payment scheduled for Wednesday.....but I'm "begging for money....."

:lol: