• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,303.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Knicks were to get Zion, Durant and Irving for next yr. they'd def be a playoff team and could even flirt with 50 wins.
we can dream cant we?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have a good suggestion for DJ's avatar for the first round? I already have one picked out but if there's something better it could be changed.

Um, this is between you and I.....no pandering to the Peanut Gallery.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought about having it on in the background, but see Zhaire is starting, must watch for me now. i know brown said he didn't see him being in their playoff rotation but they've been trash in defending guards.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have a good suggestion for DJ's avatar for the first round? I already have one picked out but if there's something better it could be changed.
Um, this is between you and I.....no pandering to the Peanut Gallery.
Too bad, you can't keep the peanut gallery down. My nomination:

tenor.gif

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Knicks were to get Zion, Durant and Irving for next yr. they'd def be a playoff team and could even flirt with 50 wins.
that'd be a hell of an offseason. get Knox back. they have a lot of talent, but it just hasn't come together (or i should say the talent in the players hasn't been realized, i feel like Vonleh, Mudiay, and Hezonja can ball, but it's about consistency).

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought about having it on in the background, but see Zhaire is starting, must watch for me now. i know brown said he didn't see him being in their playoff rotation but they've been trash in defending guards.

fuck,maybe this game is never going to start, i'll let him have it, but don't act like you didn't leave.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely not a coincidence that the Lakers are finishing the 7th year in a row without a playoff win.

the three main factors that have led to the downfall of the Lakers;

1. Poor management. The esteemed Hall of Famer Dr. Jerry Buss passed away and left his franchise in the hands of people that really have no business running a professional sports franchise, let alone one as grand as the Lakers. Nepotism rarely works.

2. Democratization of the Game: Whether you are in Oklahoma City- a tiny TV market, or in New York City- everyone can watch you play every game due to streaming, expanded TV, NBA TV, tons of media etc. You no longer HAVE to be in LA or New York to be a star.

3. Changes to the ownership structure of the league. Back in the day the Lakers could afford to outspend anyone. Now, a team in Milwaukee, because of their ownership, has more money than the Lakers. The Clippers have an owner who is the richest among all owners in North American sports. They can no longer leverage their cash advantage like they used to. Everyone can spend big (if they want to).

Bonus: Changes to player attitudes--- instead of just going to LA- players want to go to where they can win. That seems to be the #1 thing for most guys at this point in time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...if you are soliciting suggestions....may I propose.....

thumb_lonzo-ball-tonight-shooting-2-15-fg-1-12-3pt-ish-nbamemes-lonzo-31756449.png

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some people slammed Tony Bennett so hard last year. That was always mind boggling to me. One game does not damn any basketball coach, especially when preceded by 35 of excellence.

Yep.

He is phenomenal. And his influence extends far beyond the basketball court.

You will never hear anybody say something bad about Tony Bennett the man.

Finally all the haters who thought UVA's style couldn't win in March can STFU!

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only can't the Sixers defend, they can't offend either. Their offensive is equally as bad as their defense.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

He is phenomenal. And his influence extends far beyond the basketball court.

You will never hear anybody say something bad about Tony Bennett the man.

Finally all the haters who thought UVA's style couldn't win in March can STFU!

Btw, the context I heard the negative remarks were from a few Bucks fans. There had been speculation NBA teams might be interested in Bennett. (Damn though, the slow tempo his teams play at couldn't be more of a contrast with the direction the league shifted this season.) Seemed like ignorant disrespect because Dick Bennett is a Wisconsin legend.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely not a coincidence that the Lakers are finishing the 7th year in a row without a playoff win.

the three main factors that have led to the downfall of the Lakers;

1. Poor management. The esteemed Hall of Famer Dr. Jerry Buss passed away and left his franchise in the hands of people that really have no business running a professional sports franchise, let alone one as grand as the Lakers. Nepotism rarely works.

2. Democratization of the Game: Whether you are in Oklahoma City- a tiny TV market, or in New York City- everyone can watch you play every game due to streaming, expanded TV, NBA TV, tons of media etc. You no longer HAVE to be in LA or New York to be a star.

3. Changes to the ownership structure of the league. Back in the day the Lakers could afford to outspend anyone. Now, a team in Milwaukee, because of their ownership, has more money than the Lakers. The Clippers have an owner who is the richest among all owners in North American sports. They can no longer leverage their cash advantage like they used to. Everyone can spend big (if they want to).

Bonus: Changes to player attitudes--- instead of just going to LA- players want to go to where they can win. That seems to be the #1 thing for most guys at this point in time.
you left out:

4. Star player goes to L.A. to focus on his entertainment career. Dude's got like 5 shows on TV and an upcoming movie.