• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chriss may just warrant a second look next season. Still only 21- and he sure has the athleticism and his shooting stroke looks nice. He just needs to bulk up and learn the game and get more consistent.

he will probably end up being a major bust- but i can see flashes of why he was taken so high in the draft every now and then.

Cavs played hard last night, but their team D is horrendous.

I really haven't followed the Cavs much this year.
I had no idea I would see Brandon Knight.

And, what's up with iron man/ professional at it's finest Tristan?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected them to get to the playoffs if Lebron stayed healthy. He didn't.

I had a 2nd round exit as their ceiling.

But yeah, it's mainly butthurt Cavs fans that are trying to pretend they were supposed to be contenders this year.
Who said contender? I don't think anyone is beating GS this year so I certainly didn't think LA would. I thought LA would be good enough to maybe be a 4 seed and no worse than a 7, as Lebron is that good. Kind of ruins your butthurt narrative.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His "current team" is LA.

But I get you meant the Cavs. That would be the team that went to the Finals last year and the previous 3 before that one?

What the hell are you talking about?

I said that he knew that his current team wasn't going to be putting a contender around him. His current team being the Lakers, means he knew that the Lakers weren't going to be putting a contender around him this season.

Once no one else joined him, it became about next year. They didn't make a single move in the off-season that was about anything but preserving cap space for this coming off-season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about all the LeBron Haters out there. They should be mentioned as well.

lol

Yeah, wouldn't want them feeling left out. Cavs fans I can understand, they have reason to be mad. But the true Lebron haters...:tsk:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers have no chance at the Finals without a semi healthy Embiid.

Yeah, you'd rather go into the postseason with momentum.

But, his wellbeing is more important.
Agree....so long as they get him a handful of games so he is ready.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said that he knew that his current team wasn't going to be putting a contender around him. His current team being the Lakers, means he knew that the Lakers weren't going to be putting a contender around him this season.

Once no one else joined him, it became about next year. They didn't make a single move in the off-season that was about anything but preserving cap space for this coming off-season.

That doesn’t mean they didn’t try to make moves this season.
We know about AD.
Who knows what we don’t know?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they didn't sign them and did not put the right pieces around Lebron. How about you post something to the contrary since you want to debate this.

I'm not debating anything. I'm simply stating the fact that we don't know who they talked to.

I'm not the one bringing up a bunch of guys they didn't sign and acting like it's a fantasy league.

All I'm saying is that once they didn't get a 2nd max guy, they looked to sign roster fillers on 1 year deals and we don't know who all they talked to.

There's nothing to debate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said contender? I don't think anyone is beating GS this year so I certainly didn't think LA would. I thought LA would be good enough to maybe be a 4 seed and no worse than a 7, as Lebron is that good. Kind of ruins your butthurt narrative.

Doesn't ruin my butthurt narrative at all.

The fact that some of you are trying to bring up guys they didn't sign as if they were supposed to win this year actually proves my butthurt narrative.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My mistake. When you were talking about how tough the West was, was thinking what's the diff as his current team - meaning the Cavs before he left - was going anywhere either.

And why do you say this as though it's fact? You don't know what he knew. While I doubt he thought his team could beat GS you don't know that he knew they would fail so miserably in putting the right kind of team around him.

And they did.....now go ahead with your maybe replies.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah, wouldn't want them feeling left out. Cavs fans I can understand, they have reason to be mad. But the true Lebron haters...:tsk:
What's funny is most Cavs fans are not that mad. Might be different had he not brought us a title. This is nothing like when he left for Miami.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know about AD.
Exactly....the idea they didn't try to make moves and planned solely to contend next year is absurd - though exactly what I thought the narrative would be after the season imploded (if it did).

Here comes the "but we don't know who they tried to bring in". Great, but we do know they didn't bring in the right pieces.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not debating anything. I'm simply stating the fact that we don't know who they talked to.

I'm not the one bringing up a bunch of guys they didn't sign and acting like it's a fantasy league.

All I'm saying is that once they didn't get a 2nd max guy, they looked to sign roster fillers on 1 year deals and we don't know who all they talked to.

There's nothing to debate.
Agreed. Nothing to debate. They failed to bring in the right pieces. I knew you'd come around.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. When you were talking about how tough the West was, was thinking what's the diff as his current team - meaning the Cavs before he left - was going anywhere either.

Yeah, the Cavs were a contender. They may not have been beating the Warriors, but getting to the finals makes them contenders.

And why do you say this as though it's fact? You don't know what he knew. While I doubt he thought his team could beat GS you don't know that he knew they would fail so miserably in putting the right kind of team around him.

He knew he was coming to a team that had a bunch of young guys and that they didn't have a 2nd max guy before they signed him.

He also knew before he agreed to come to the Lakers that PG had already committed to staying in OKC. Even if he somehow didn't know when he met with Magic, he damn sure knew before he actually signed.

When he went to Miami, D-Wade was already there and he knew that Chris Bosh was coming with him.

When he returned to Cleveland, he knew that Kyrie was already there and the trade for Love was already in the works.

He didn't have anything like that set up when he came to the Lakers. What isn't factual about that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't ruin my butthurt narrative at all.

The fact that some of you are trying to bring up guys they didn't sign as if they were supposed to win this year actually proves my butthurt narrative.
If you need help this morning with your comprehension just ask. I told you I expected them to be a 4 seed and no worse than 7 once they signed Lebron. Lebron's pretty good.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....the idea they didn't try to make moves and planned solely to contend next year is absurd - though exactly what I thought the narrative would be after the season imploded (if it did).

Here comes the "but we don't know who they tried to bring in". Great, but we do know they didn't bring in the right pieces.

I’ll agree with anyone that it was unrealistic to think the Lakers could contend this year, but its also logical to think LeBron didn’t enter the season thinking it wouid be a waste year or he wouldn’t make the playoffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Cavs were a contender. They may not have been beating the Warriors, but getting to the finals makes them contenders.

He knew he was coming to a team that had a bunch of young guys and that they didn't have a 2nd max guy before they signed him.

He also knew before he agreed to come to the Lakers that PG had already committed to staying in OKC. Even if he somehow didn't know when he met with Magic, he damn sure knew before he actually signed.

When he went to Miami, D-Wade was already there and he knew that Chris Bosh was coming with him.

When he returned to Cleveland, he knew that Kyrie was already there and the trade for Love was already in the works.

He didn't have anything like that set up when he came to the Lakers. What isn't factual about that?
That all seems to be true. But the Cavs were a 34 win team (like LA) before he came back and they made the moves necessary to make the jump to the Finals. Sure, one of those involved winning the lottery and moving Wiggins in the deal for Love, but they also had other assets they could move in that deal like future extra 1st rounders.

In addition, they made the right moves during the season as they didn't have the best start. And still had the necessary assets to do this with even more picks to use. At one point Lebron sat himself for 8-9 games as he was not 100% and they went something like 0-8 or 1-8 when he was out leading to a 20-21 record (going by memory). Was LA this bad without Lebron? Were they below .500 when he returned?

But their FO knew what kind of pieces they needed around Lebron and were able to right the ship and go to the Finals.

Lakers look like they'll be lucky to add 3-5 wins to last year's total.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know about AD.

Exactly my point. We don't know who they talked to and who they didn't. For all I or anyone else knows, they didn't talk to anybody but the guys they signed.

Or, maybe they talked to everyone and got turned down by everyone but the guys they signed.

If I were to venture a guess, it was probably a combo platter of guys they talked to and were turned down, guys they talked about and decided against for some reason and the guys they actually signed.

As for other moves, from everything I've heard, there probably were other inquiries.

From what's been said, teams are making and taking phone calls re: trades, etc. all the time and the vast majority never make it past a phone call or 2.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll agree with anyone that it was unrealistic to think the Lakers could contend this year, but its also logical to think LeBron didn’t enter the season thinking it wouid be a waste year or he wouldn’t make the playoffs.
As would I as I think at most a handful of teams believe they can beat a healthy GS.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. We don't know who they talked to and who they didn't. For all I or anyone else knows, they didn't talk to anybody but the guys they signed.

Or, maybe they talked to everyone and got turned down by everyone but the guys they signed.

If I were to venture a guess, it was probably a combo platter of guys they talked to and were turned down, guys they talked about and decided against for some reason and the guys they actually signed.

As for other moves, from everything I've heard, there probably were other inquiries.

From what's been said, teams are making and taking phone calls re: trades, etc. all the time and the vast majority never make it past a phone call or 2.
You mean moves we learn about from unnamed sources don't often come to fruition? Who knew?

I kid....I kid.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just how Philadelphia fans are.

I mean, they boo'd Santa Claus ffs.

Who the hell boo's Santa? :noidea:

lol

Wait what????? At least we don't kill someone for wearing the wrong jersey like LA does. That philly fan shit is old and tired. Every east coast fan base is acts the same way.