• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I didn't duck. I declined because you changed the number that YOU originally targeted for Ingram. Big difference.
He has a bet with me for Ingram for 18ppg.

In fairness, I was the one who came up with that number for our bet.

What was the original number?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now he passes early because he basically has no real "go-to" move in terms of shooting/scoring the ball. That has to change since he plays with LBJ. He needs to develop a shot because the defense just doesn't have to respect him right now. He should also learn to move without the ball.

He doesn't pass early because he lacks a "go to move", he passes early because he pushes the pace and tries to get the ball into the hands of playmakers as soon as he possibly can. It's what he did at UCLA and it's a big part of why the Lakers drafted him.

As a pg, especially a pass first pg, he doesn't really need a go to move. But he does need a consistent, reliable shot. So far this season, he is shooting about 48% from the field and 41% from 3. If he keeps that up, or close to it, he and the Lakers offense will be just fine.

He's also been moving without the ball pretty well. He doesn't have much choice because the Lakers offense, much like the Warriors, is predicated on ball and player movement.

Passing the ball too early plays right into the defense's hands. There is no guess work at that point.

Actually, it's quite the opposite. Passing the ball ahead early, puts more pressure on the defense because if they don't get back and don't get to their assignment quickly, it results in easy baskets. Passing early has a lot to do with why the Lakers are 2nd in the league in points per game, 2nd in the league in points in the paint, 1st in fast break points and 1st in pace of play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a bet with me for Ingram for 18ppg.

In fairness, I was the one who came up with that number for our bet.

What was the original number?

16 was the original number. Can't recall which thread, but I remember Wiggy trying to bet people he wouldn't hit 16 shortly after LeBron signed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't pass early because he lacks a "go to move", he passes early because he pushes the pace and tries to get the ball into the hands of playmakers as soon as he possibly can. It's what he did at UCLA and it's a big part of why the Lakers drafted him.

As a pg, especially a pass first pg, he doesn't really need a go to move. But he does need a consistent, reliable shot. So far this season, he is shooting about 48% from the field and 41% from 3. If he keeps that up, or close to it, he and the Lakers offense will be just fine.

He's also been moving without the ball pretty well. He doesn't have much choice because the Lakers offense, much like the Warriors, is predicated on ball and player movement.

Actually, it's quite the opposite. Passing the ball ahead early, puts more pressure on the defense because if they don't get back and don't get to their assignment quickly, it results in easy baskets. Passing early has a lot to do with why the Lakers are 2nd in the league in points per game, 2nd in the league in points in the paint, 1st in fast break points and 1st in pace of play.

Yep.

Passing the ball early is what PGs have been taught to do forever. That is until the NBA became all about pick and roll.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the warriors don't win by 30, I'll be surprised.

This knicks lineup is a joke

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the Knicks broadcast that klay is 4-28 shooting 3's this season

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the Knicks broadcast that klay is 4-28 shooting 3's this season

Yep, he has yet to show up. And they are 4-1. He's still guarding the other teams' best player and doing it well.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LAD , @msgkings322 , @DJ

That's two.

@LAD you the homie.

But, this is what @msgkings322 has been trying to tell you and he is right.

It is very unlikely any of these guys take less, let alone all of them.

There is no doubt because the words came out of Durant's mouth.

"I'm not thinking about none of that s--t," Durant said on Wednesday, per The Athletic's Marcus Thompson II. "I am thinking about the money I'm going to get. I never got the (massive) deal. I've just seen a bunch of dudes around the league making so much money—and I'm happy for them. But I know I deserve that, too. That's the only thing I'm probably thinking about, to be honest."

Kevin Durant Only Thinking About Money He's Going to Get, Not Free-Agency 'S--t'

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie....bruh.

frabzfunny_5dc9624c9aa0b73dc15f2a6de979387c.jpg

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's two.

@LAD you the homie.

"I'm not thinking about none of that s--t," Durant said on Wednesday, per The Athletic's Marcus Thompson II. "I am thinking about the money I'm going to get. I never got the (massive) deal. I've just seen a bunch of dudes around the league making so much money—and I'm happy for them. But I know I deserve that, too. That's the only thing I'm probably thinking about, to be honest."

Kevin Durant Only Thinking About Money He's Going to Get, Not Free-Agency 'S--t'

BOOM.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckers thinking about big money.....they already have more than any normal working stiff person could spend.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's two.

@LAD you the homie.

He'll be a hired gun and go chase the cash, even if it's a squad that won 25-28 games the previous season.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckers thinking about big money.....they already have more than any normal working stiff person could spend.

That's because millions of people pay to watch them not the working stiffs.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be a hired gun and go chase the cash, even if it's a squad that won 25-28 games the previous season.

There are many teams he can go to where he can get paid and bring another star or two with him to compete like the Knicks, Clippers, etc.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many teams he can go to where he can get paid and bring another star or two with him to compete like the Knicks, Clippers, etc.

Star or 2? A star maybe, but I don't think any team next summer can afford to sign 3 stars in the same summer to the cap they already have.