• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want some control over personnel as a player, you probably want a guy who isn't established and won't butt heads with you. We all saw how well re-signing LeBron went for Pat Riley.
Yet Lebron left because the more established Griffin was not retained?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no other moves or nonmoves? Yeah....that's what I thought.

But seinfeld would be proud.....that was a long rant about nothing you gave.
why is this narrative even continuing? he wouldn't make lebron moves? they didn't have shit left to trade. what moves was he supposed to make?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is this narrative even continuing? he wouldn't make lebron moves? they didn't have shit left to trade. what moves was he supposed to make?
That was my point. There was nothing Lebron asked him to do he failed to do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no other moves or nonmoves? Yeah....that's what I thought.

But seinfeld would be proud.....that was a long rant about nothing you gave.

I gave you another. You just can't face up to the obvious truth because you are blind to it.

But here are 3 that are all related

1) trading Kyrie in the first place
2) trading Kyrie for future assets
3) failing to trade the Brooklyn pick for more win now pieces

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my point. There was nothing Lebron asked him to do he failed to do.

1) Resign Gilbert
2) Keep Kyrie

Then he stopped trying because he saw the writing on the wall. Gilbert retook control of his team.

You are wrong.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you another. You just can't face up to the obvious truth because you are blind to it.

But here are 3 that are all related

1) trading Kyrie in the first place
2) trading Kyrie for future assets
3) failing to trade the Brooklyn pick for more win now pieces
we talking kyrie, didn't that cat ask to be led out of town away from Bron's shadow?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we talking kyrie, didn't that cat ask to be led out of town away from Bron's shadow?

Yes.

So did Anthony Davis.

Players can request trades whenever they want. Teams don't have to give in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree, he already showed out he's not a part of any "we"

And I disagree with that.

He could have easily said "shut me down".

Instead, he did the opposite. He is on the team. His beef is with management. While I am sure some teammates might have issue with him, I would bet the vast majority want him on the court in a Pelicans jersey.

Nothing from that quote was out of line.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

So did Anthony Davis.

Players can request trades whenever they want. Teams don't have to give in.
i generally agree with your viewpoint, but you're losing me on this one. AD and Lebron goingl

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i generally agree with your viewpoint, but you're losing me on this one. AD and Lebron goingl

This whole conversation is based on the fact that @dtgold88 wants to assign zero blame to Gilbert for LeBron leaving.

LeBron could have swallowed his pride and made it work if he wanted to. So could Gilbert. Neither was willing to budge.

Had Gilbert retained Griffin and Kyrie and traded for PG13, then LeBron leaving would have been 100% on LeBron. But Gilbert chose not to do those things which is why most neutral parties assign at least some blame to Gilbert.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is like talking to a brick wall.

Must be something in the Cleveland water.
again, your complete ignorance is on display.

Kyrie had been asking out, literally, for years.

He asked out AFTER the championship season. He did not want to play with LeBron.

LeBron continued to "son" him, never called him to try and patch things up.

Kyrie threatened to sit out the season and get knee surgery rather than continue to play with LeBron.

These are all facts that you conveniently ignore.

You have a very small piece of the puzzle, as usual.

The Cavs did not want to get rid of Kyrie- and kept him for a long time after his initial trade request after the championship season, but its an untenable situation when Kyrie literally does not talk to teammates and practice for weeks on end, does not want to play with LeBron, and threatens to sit out over half the season with knee surgery.

You need to get a clue, but per your usual MO, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Good luck with your shit bag Wizards. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cuyahoga river that caught on fire is still paying dividends?

:lol:
rather funny someone talking about pollution that lives in LA- especially an incident that occured almost 50 years ago.

The same city where you cannot even see the surrounding mountains because of the smog on most days, and that last time i was there a number of beaches were shut down because of so much shit in the water runoff.

Lake Erie just had the biggest walleye hatch in decades this year due to all the legislation that has been implemented to keep the Lake and its surrounding tributaries clean.

I even wrote an article for review to be sent to a number of our clients on the farming/runoff regs that have improved the algae blooms/pollution.

Enjoy:

LA-smog.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole conversation is based on the fact that @dtgold88 wants to assign zero blame to Gilbert for LeBron leaving.

LeBron could have swallowed his pride and made it work if he wanted to. So could Gilbert. Neither was willing to budge.

Had Gilbert retained Griffin and Kyrie and traded for PG13, then LeBron leaving would have been 100% on LeBron. But Gilbert chose not to do those things which is why most neutral parties assign at least some blame to Gilbert.
oh yah--- I am sure Gilbert would really stay awake at night with the public relations win knowing that he just sold out the next decade of his team for the right to say "well its his fault".

This is teh same guy that wrote a letter for the benefit of his fans that he knew he would get scorched for nationally. Gilbert could give a FUCK about what the national news says.

His duty is to look out for the fans of Cleveland- and mortgaging the long term future of the team just to have "well its his fault" is some of the most short-sighted stupid bullshit I have ever heard.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to get a clue, but per your usual MO, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Good luck with your shit bag Wizards. lol

Once again a cavs fan is trying to personally attack someone by noting how much the team they root for is struggling.

A cavs fan....

LOL

@tlance knows more about the NBA than you could ever hope to.

You've been ridiculed and embarrassed on a daily basis, one-nut. But hey, keep mentioning how the Wizards are underperforming. That'll really show him!!! :rolleyes2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs better not win this shit vs. the Nets...wtf.....Sexton and Cedi have been really showing something over the last few weeks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Lebron left because the more established Griffin was not retained?
was not going to matter if David Griffin was the GM or if the love child of Jerry West and Red Auerbach was the GM

after LeBron turned down a chance to commit and play with George and Kyrie the writing was on the wall.

Everyone can see that LeBron's priority was clearly not winning.

It was going to LA to be in the sun and make movies.