• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs are all about your starters.

If the Sixers stay healthy they are going to be very tough to beat
Agree with that playoffs/starters comment and think bench is vastly overrated. Sure, helps to have a few guys who can give solid minutes, but only gets a mention in losses (and usually when starters don't play well).

want more bench production? do what GS did and play a guy who gets 30+ minutes off the bench.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers, Bucks, Raps are all right there together.

I have the Celtics a very dangerous 4th.
I think many thought before the year they'd waltz to the 1 seed with Kyrie and Hayward back, but clearly something is missing when they are at full strength.

But I agree, as a 4, I wouldn't want to face the.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is unreasonable that after all the work that Magic did to force the Pelicans to trade AD, they didn't even have the decency to buckle and give the Lakers AD.
I know....

do the Pelicans not know that everyone is supposed to just fawn over Magic and LeBron and give them whatever they want?

how dare the Pelicans respond negatively to having their interests undercut all in the name of the Lakers trying to get a top 5 guy that's still under contract for a year and a half.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers next 6- AT MINNY, VS PHX, AT MEM, AT DEN, VS DAL, VS UTAH
Lakers next 6-

Lakers next 6- AT ATL, VS HOU, AT NOP, AT MEM, VS NOP, VS MIL

I got Clippers at 3-3 and Lakers at 5-1.

Basically 2-4 and the Kings will still be in the thick of the playoffs race

I'd say 4-2 is more likely with the losses being Houston and the Bucks. Or, knowing the Lakers, they'll split those and lose 1 to the Pels or Grizzlies. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if they lose and go into the break 28-29 how nervous should Luke Walton be?

Hard to say.

Based on media reports, he should already be gone, even though most of the media also says that what has happened since Christmas isn't his fault.

Jeanie likes him and insists he is the coach, so he has that going for him.

The media has been saying that Magic wants him out ever since Magic chewed him out early in the season, even though there is nothing directly quoting Magic saying so that I have seen and he's still the coach.

The media has also been saying that Lebron's "camp" wants him out, even though I haven't seen any direct quotes from anyone in his camp.

Not really sure if it's just media speculation because Lebron's history is coaches getting replaced even though Blatt is the only 1 who actually was replaced while Lebron was on the team.

Could be that the Lakers are waiting until the all star break.

Could be that the Lakers are just going to wait until the off-season to see who might be available that they believe is better.

Could be that there isn't near as much to the "Luke is going to be fired" speculation as the media is making it seem.

Could be that they will keep him at least into part of next season so that they aren't spending the off-season, chasing FA's, trying to trade for AD and looking for a coach all at the same time.

Really no idea. Losing to the Hawks certainly wouldn't help his case though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say.

Based on media reports, he should already be gone, even though most of the media also says that what has happened since Christmas isn't his fault.

Jeanie likes him and insists he is the coach, so he has that going for him.

The media has been saying that Magic wants him out ever since Magic chewed him out early in the season, even though there is nothing directly quoting Magic saying so that I have seen and he's still the coach.

The media has also been saying that Lebron's "camp" wants him out, even though I haven't seen any direct quotes from anyone in his camp.

Not really sure if it's just media speculation because Lebron's history is coaches getting replaced even though Blatt is the only 1 who actually was replaced while Lebron was on the team.

Could be that the Lakers are waiting until the all star break.

Could be that the Lakers are just going to wait until the off-season to see who might be available that they believe is better.

Could be that there isn't near as much to the "Luke is going to be fired" speculation as the media is making it seem.

Could be that they will keep him at least into part of next season so that they aren't spending the off-season, chasing FA's, trying to trade for AD and looking for a coach all at the same time.

Really no idea. Losing to the Hawks certainly wouldn't help his case though.

Ultimately it will boil down to where the Lakers finish the season. If they miss the playoffs, Walton will almost certainly be the scapegoat for a failed season regardless of whether he is at fault or not.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs resigned Stauskas which i think was cool.

tonight a big game-

Knicks vs. Cavs.

I really want the Cavs to lose but i really think they are going to win- esp. since Love should be playing.

Knicks are one of the worst teams I have seen in a long long time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. AD now “wants to play” — after snaking his franchise on a Monday to launch a news cycle, undermining his own trade value, having his agents repeatedly leak stuff to the media, and trying to force a trade to a specific team with a year and a half left on his deal.

2. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1h1 hour ago
    Fans and media have become numb to NBA players doing whatever the F they want. Davis could have waited until this summer to do this — instead he imploded the situation for leverage, it didn’t work, and now he’s pretending to be the victim. “I want to play.” This is so lame.

3. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1h1 hour ago
    I don’t know how the NBA can fix this specific issue, but it completely undermines the concept of a team: Stars grabbing max deals while thinking, “I’ll grab the money now, and if we don’t get better, I’ll just push for a trade.” AKA... Pulling a Carmelo.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is unreasonable that after all the work that Magic did to force the Pelicans to trade AD, they didn't even have the decency to buckle and give the Lakers AD.
Let me preface this by acknowledging I am a unapologetic LAKER HATER.

Still, is Magic fucking kidding me?

Lmfao

They didn't negotiate in good faith?

Really?

If we can believe what has been reported, the Pelicans didn't negotiate AT ALL.

The Lakers called them. The Pelicans didn't so much as make a single counter proposal..lmfao

This was another Magic Johnson rookie mistake.

You have a guy and his agency trying to force his way to his team of choice when he still has a year and a half left on his deal.

LeBron, Davis, Klutch, the Lakers took their Shot, it was a fucking airball.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately it will boil down to where the Lakers finish the season. If they miss the playoffs, Walton will almost certainly be the scapegoat for a failed season regardless of whether he is at fault or not.

Yeah, I like Luke and want him to remain as coach. Yes, he's made some mistakes, it's to be expected with a young coach. But, even the best coaches make mistakes. Hell, we saw Pop make on in the finals vs. the Heat that may have cost the Spurs a title.

At this point, I seem to be in the minority among my Lakers brethren on keeping him, but I think many of them are a bit more "reactionary" and less patient than I am.

Or, maybe I'm just more stubborn than they are. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmfao

Really?

The Lakers called them. The Pelicans didn't so much as make a single counter proposal..lmfao

You have a guy and his agency trying to force his way to his team of choice when he still has a year and a half left on his deal.

and the more he continues to complain about it- the worse he looks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs resigned Stauskas which i think was cool.

tonight a big game-

Knicks vs. Cavs.

I really want the Cavs to lose but i really think they are going to win- esp. since Love should be playing.

Knicks are one of the worst teams I have seen in a long long time.
They are, but they seem better at tanking.

wonder if Stauskas could play OF for the Tribe?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. AD now “wants to play” — after snaking his franchise on a Monday to launch a news cycle, undermining his own trade value, having his agents repeatedly leak stuff to the media, and trying to force a trade to a specific team with a year and a half left on his deal.

2. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1h1 hour ago
    Fans and media have become numb to NBA players doing whatever the F they want. Davis could have waited until this summer to do this — instead he imploded the situation for leverage, it didn’t work, and now he’s pretending to be the victim. “I want to play.” This is so lame.

3. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1h1 hour ago
    I don’t know how the NBA can fix this specific issue, but it completely undermines the concept of a team: Stars grabbing max deals while thinking, “I’ll grab the money now, and if we don’t get better, I’ll just push for a trade.” AKA... Pulling a Carmelo.
It is what it is.

I don't feel sorry for Davis, the Lakers nor the Pelicans.

Teams can say " we will lie to these guys, get them under contract and trade them to a place that benefits us ".

* See Derozan, Blake

So, what's the difference?

Teams don't have to capitulate to these guys wants.

But, they have to weigh that right against getting pesos on the dollar for them in a trade.

Ps. Where were the folks crying about Davis being sat when a healthy Jabari Parker a d Enes Kanter were getting DNP allergic to defense?

Where where they when Melo and JR. Got banished and they are healthy?

All of this Shit is ridiculous.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmfao

Really?

To be fair, Magic was asked if he thought the Pels negotiated in good faith and he said no and said something about "It is what it is". This wasn't him going to the media.

Also, I don't know how much of this is true and how much is CYA. But according to Doug Gottlieb, folks he knows in the Lakers organization have said that all of the leaks came from the Pelicans and that the offer never reached the number of players and picks that were reported.

To be fair to that, he didn't say what actually was reported. Just that it wasn't what the Pels said it was.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is.

I don't feel sorry for Davis, the Lakers nor the Pelicans.

Teams can say " we will lie to these guys, get them under contract and trade them to a place that benefits us ".

* See Derozan, Blake

So, what's the difference?

Teams don't have to capitulate to these guys wants.

But, they have to weigh that right against getting pesos on the dollar for them in a trade.

Ps. Where were the folks crying about Davis being sat when a healthy Jabari Parker a d Enes Kanter were getting DNP allergic to defense?

Where where they when Melo and JR. Got banished and they are healthy?

All of this Shit is ridiculous.
The Pelicans are being held to a standard that the NBA has not held other teams to this season. A very healthy Carmelo Anthony was essentially exiled by the Rockets in November. Memphis' Chandler Parsons and Cleveland's JR Smith, too

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm losing hope of the Lakers making the playoffs, and gaining confidence that Luke Walton will be summarily dismissed this summer. I am going to blame it on Injuries and the trade rumors. These players have a big problem

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I tend to agree with this.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Magic was asked if he thought the Pels negotiated in good faith and he said no and said something about "It is what it is". This wasn't him going to the media.

Also, I don't know how much of this is true and how much is CYA. But according to Doug Gottlieb, folks he knows in the Lakers organization have said that all of the leaks came from the Pelicans and that the offer never reached the number of players and picks that were reported.

To be fair to that, he didn't say what actually was reported. Just that it wasn't what the Pels said it was.
I dont think there ever was a negotiation from the beginning. I have had real estate agents offering to buy house, but I never responded. So now if they go tell their buyers I didnt negotiate in good faith, that wouldn't be true. My nonresponse should have made it clear that I was saying no. THATS NOT A NEGOTIATION. The only thing the Pelicans may have done at the best was to demand more and waiting for Magic to get the hint that they were not interested