• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-19 Ongoing Thread

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Greens +/- is, but its gotta be bad.... he seems to be on the ice for EVERY goal scored against us. Defense is beyond bad and HE IS OUR CAPTAIN.... Stevens must be crying watching this pathetic showing... something needs to change and needs to change fast or this season is over....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovejoy did nothing on the guy all alone.on Cory n Greene loses his guy......

Top devil's players aren't doing the team justice

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading on social media, the fire is spreading with our current slumping devils.... RspEspeciaon Hynes.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is broken right now, Shero needs to make a move NOW or this season is lost....whether it be coaching, trade, something needs to be shaken up.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanksgiving is typically the bench mark. If they don't turn it around in the next two weeks the season could really get out of hand.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an article that Joel Quenneville says that he wants to continue coaching as soon as possible. Better hire him before another team does. For this to happen, Shero has to admit he was wrong with his hire of Hynes. He must do this at once. We need a coach and a whole staff who have a clue. This team can not get out of it's own way.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest thing now is there is talent on this team. We made the playoffs, there are constant flashes of talent. Obviously we still need to add guys but the core talent for the most part is there, at least enough to tread water. We just come out flat way too frequently. If we lose to a more talented team fine but when you come out and coast and constantly lose puck battles etc. I blame the coaches.

Need a new voice to motivate, who will play based on ability rather than favorites etc.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me a bit is the reason IMO Shero was canned in Pittsburgh was he hung on to his coach too long.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our players are still underpeforming, they owe that....

However, the gameplans, lineups, adjustments aren't there.... where's the spark? the creativity? the benefits of practice? too many reckless errors and mistakes by our guys. We're young but not young enough to make young men mistakes. It's a good blend of experience IMO.

We're losing out constantly on the size matchups and our "speed" really isn't there... Teams are checking us more n more and we look lost for it.

Defensively, I mean what more can be said. It's terrible. Stevens had this unit running well and you let him go and our defensive system looks like shit.

I won't say hiring Hynes was the bad call, he did improve us in ways, can't not credit him for that however we're not moving beyond. We're not growing further to where Hynes got us and that may be his cue for an early release.

Defensively, FIRE THAT COACH NOW.

With Quinvelle out there, I mean, it's not often a recognized/champion coach is out there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our players are still underpeforming, they owe that....

However, the gameplans, lineups, adjustments aren't there.... where's the spark? the creativity? the benefits of practice? too many reckless errors and mistakes by our guys. We're young but not young enough to make young men mistakes. It's a good blend of experience IMO.

We're losing out constantly on the size matchups and our "speed" really isn't there... Teams are checking us more n more and we look lost for it.

Defensively, I mean what more can be said. It's terrible. Stevens had this unit running well and you let him go and our defensive system looks like shit.

I won't say hiring Hynes was the bad call, he did improve us in ways, can't not credit him for that however we're not moving beyond. We're not growing further to where Hynes got us and that may be his cue for an early release.

Defensively, FIRE THAT COACH NOW.

With Quinvelle out there, I mean, it's not often a recognized/champion coach is out there.

I think Hynes was a good coach for those rebuild years but a new voice is needed to take us to the next step.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me a bit is the reason IMO Shero was canned in Pittsburgh was he hung on to his coach too long.

In fairness, he did can a guy who had led the Pens to the Stanley Cup finals the previous year late in season and ended up winning the Cup with Bylsma. He did ride Bylsma too long, his message was lost after a few years and that team just seemed to go through motions in playoffs, but would've been hard to can him the way they were performing regular season every year.

Either way, I would shit can hynes in a nanosecond if we can get Q to agree to a deal

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hynes was a good coach for those rebuild years but a new voice is needed to take us to the next step.
Hockey can be a good indicator but these moments happens. Coach A can get the team to grow only so far, unless the coach himself extends or improves himself, then it's the same recycled routine over n over. Perhaps a new voice is needed.

I would prefer, a new Vision is needed.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Mojo sucks, plays soft. Ready to let him walk, give his salary to Nico/Hall/Vatanen.
Trade Mojo do something with him... Shero's trades have gone down hill after the Hall play.

Losing those high rd picks is killing us evidently. Mojo, Grabner, Maroon(though he played with balls in the playoffs)... i mean come on....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, to add on, when this team gets down or gets scored on, there's no feeling of a comeback.

I too feel the game is lost once we're down. We have either no fight or no response to win.

Last year was a different animal, we could be down but we'd comeback. Not sure I truly felt we were out of it in any game when we were down. The team proved to comeback numerous times and lit up the lamp fearlessly.

Now, we just don't have it.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, to add on, when this team gets down or gets scored on, there's no feeling of a comeback.

I too feel the game is lost once we're down. We have either no fight or no response to win.

Last year was a different animal, we could be down but we'd comeback. Not sure I truly felt we were out of it in any game when we were down. The team proved to comeback numerous times and lit up the lamp fearlessly.

Now, we just don't have it.

yeah, last year, I always felt we'd climb back in or take lead when we were down, no matter how many. This year when we get down 2, I feel like we are done.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, last year, I always felt we'd climb back in or take lead when we were down, no matter how many. This year when we get down 2, I feel like we are done.
so true... hell even at 1 goal deficits leave little to the imaginations now.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE just own the Pens, and that couldn't make me any happier living here in Pittsburgh