• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2017 Summer League thread

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was about sg position.
No, I understand, I just agree with tf12, he's too big. And really it's not that he is too big, it's that he is out of position at the 2 for his style. He needs to be around the post on both ends of the court to be most effective, even though he shot the lights out from beyond the arc in SL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the infusion of a winning attitude that Magic and Pelinka have brought to the Lakers. These new guys are just flat out pretty darn good and the fact they take the summer league demonstrates that they are coming to work with a completely different mindset than many of the players we got rid of in recent transactions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the infusion of a winning attitude that Magic and Pelinka have brought to the Lakers. These new guys are just flat out pretty darn good and the fact they take the summer league demonstrates that they are coming to work with a completely different mindset than many of the players we got rid of in recent transactions.

I think Jud needs some props as well, really had the summer league team playing together as a unit and sharing the ball.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jud needs some props as well, really had the summer league team playing together as a unit and sharing the ball.
I agree shops, maybe the most significant take-a-way for me was the culture and winning attitude. Even with key guys sitting out, the SL team didn't blink, and stayed true to the goal. The next man up worked!

I hope this translates to the regular season, because half the battle is wanting to win at all costs. This means, communicating & committing to a man on the defensive end, and this is something I really haven't sensed between the time Kobe left and Luke arrived.