• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOVE HEARING THIS!!!

Fowler Predicts T.J. Watt Will Be Hard For Steelers To Keep Off The Field - Steelers Depot

TJ NEEDS to work out and the early indications are they got it right this time. The blood lines have really helped TJ...the vets seem to be impressed with him and the coaches....good sign.

This is awesome!!! @FaCe-LeE-uS and I were just t talking about him the other day.
On his down time he has been training with his brothers.....this kid is going to be scary good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OVERHEARD: "I've seen you do that before. Show me some new (stuff). Catch it with no hands." -Mike Tomlin to Antonio Brown after the star receiver made a one-handed catch over the middle.

Steelers play of the day: The rookie connection of Josh Dobbs on a deep out to a diving JuJu Smith-Schuster, who's shown reliable hands early in camp. Ben Roethlisberger sat out the latter part of practice, and coach Mike Tomlin said Dobbs capitalized on the expanded reps.

Justin Hunter is balling. No way around it. Just made two leaping catches in one-on-ones, one that drew about three flags for defensive interference. Both plays came from end-zone corner. Ben Roethlisberger told him to "take a bow" after that play.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it. I feel like the next 2-3 years are the end of an era here in Pittsburgh. Big Ben will be retired by then, Tomlin probably won't be coach after 2020 depending on whether he wins a Super Bowl or not, Haley will probably be gone. This is the first season without Dan Rooney, Le'Veon Bell might not be part of the team past this year, James Harrison is nearing the end of his career. I'm starting to feel this team won't be the same come 2020-2021 and that's not a good thing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. I feel like the next 2-3 years are the end of an era here in Pittsburgh. Big Ben will be retired by then, Tomlin probably won't be coach after 2020 depending on whether he wins a Super Bowl or not, Haley will probably be gone. This is the first season without Dan Rooney, Le'Veon Bell might not be part of the team past this year, James Harrison is nearing the end of his career. I'm starting to feel this team won't be the same come 2020-2021 and that's not a good thing.
Yee of little faith! :suds:

It may not look the same after '20, but I have a lot of faith in this franchise to always uphold the legacy of its predecessors. No matter who fills the shoes, the integrity of this team will always live on. Art Rooney II will make damn sure of that. Now if the team were to be sold off from the Rooney family, then I'd be more worried. Talent comes & goes, but ownership is where the true stability resides.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yee of little faith! :suds:

It may not look the same after '20, but I have a lot of faith in this franchise to always uphold the legacy of its predecessors. No matter who fills the shoes, the integrity of this team will always live on. Art Rooney II will make damn sure of that. Now if the team were to be sold off from the Rooney family, then I'd be more worried. Talent comes & goes, but ownership is where the true stability resides.

Do you think there is a dip in our performance when Big Ben retires? Maybe we go back to the 8-8 days of 4-5 years ago?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think there is a dip in our performance when Big Ben retires? Maybe we go back to the 8-8 days of 4-5 years ago?
Of course there will be. Until they can provide a capable understudy or backup that shows promise, there will never be anything to prove otherwise. There are always hard times ahead when your franchise player is retiring. It may or may not be a rough couple years, hell even a decade or 2, but such is life in the NFL. Pretty rare when you have a Favre to Rodgers type situation or Manning to Luck (even though the Colts are squandering his talent). I know there are more examples, but its fairly rare to land a franchise QB on the tail end of the 1st round or later (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc). You just have to roll with the punches and trust that the scouts & coaches find gold every year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there will be. Until they can provide a capable understudy or backup that shows promise, there will never be anything to prove otherwise. There are always hard times ahead when your franchise player is retiring. It may or may not be a rough couple years, hell even a decade or 2, but such is life in the NFL. Pretty rare when you have a Favre to Rodgers type situation or Manning to Luck (even though the Colts are squandering his talent). I know there are more examples, but its fairly rare to land a franchise QB on the tail end of the 1st round or later (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc). You just have to roll with the punches and trust that the scouts & coaches find gold every year.

If Ben retired after this year, would you be comfortable with Dobbs or Laundry starting or would you feel more comfortable if we drafted someone of went out and tried to sign a FA? Bridgewater, Garoppolo, Stafford, Brees and Bradford are the QBs that will be free agents after this year. I would have to see how Bridgewater rebounds from that injury in order to be comfortable in signing him. Would love to see us get Garoppolo. He learned behind one of, if not the, best for 3 years.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben retired after this year, would you be comfortable with Dobbs or Laundry starting or would you feel more comfortable if we drafted someone of went out and tried to sign a FA? Bridgewater, Garoppolo, Stafford, Brees and Bradford are the QBs that will be free agents after this year. I would have to see how Bridgewater rebounds from that injury in order to be comfortable in signing him. Would love to see us get Garoppolo. He learned behind one of, if not the, best for 3 years.
Definitely wouldn't be comfortable with Laundry starting, but it could be a necessary evil if we want a high end draft pick. Jury is still out on Dobbs. Can't wait to see how he does in preseason football. At worst Dobbs can replace Landry and be a serviceable backup. But if after Ben retires they are content with going around 8-8 while they look for the QB of the future in the 12th-18th picks range then I'd prefer they took a legit shot at an FA QB to bridge the gap. They could easily do that with all the talent they have. I think that would be the route I would perfer.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the curtain falls on Ben's career, it will be a new era in PIT...absolutely...I think he's going to play the '18 season but I'm not sure about the final...the good, most of the top DEF players will be in the prime of their careers. the bad...the DEF might be good enough to keep them in that 7-8-9 win range and you're never up high enough to nabb that franchise guy in the draft.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

James Harrison was all over T.J. Watt after the rookie went too finesse on Phazahn Odom in one-on-ones. Harrison told Watt to go through him, which he did the next rep.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1