• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NFL DRAFT THREAD

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more the style these guys draft.

They fall in love

Orlosky and Toth are still available SJ.

Maybe the Rams get one of them as an UDFA.

If they do, I won't be so disappointed

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery Gennesy went undrafted as well, A&M starter at LT (their starting RT did get drafted, Elumenor). Could be RT or moved inside at worst. Toth or Orlosky would be ideal. Surprised to see guys like Etta-Tawo and Travin Dural go undrafted as well. Lorenzo Jerome, Ben Boulware, Devonte Fields, etc.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like shopping for a car. Plenty of them out there that can fill your needs. But if you go to the dealership and you fall in love, you're gonna pay more than you had to

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Collins, CB, Arkansas
Casey Sayles, DL, Ohio
Kevin Davis, LB, Colorado

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like shopping for a car. Plenty of them out there that can fill your needs. But if you go to the dealership and you fall in love, you're gonna pay more than you had to
Yes, but if I go from hauling bricks to make my money to long distance travel by car, that truck I got ain't gonna do me no good anymore, and now I need to get something specific that is going to be comfortable enough with so much windshield time, if you get my drift.

Not only do we need to find what we need to fit our new schemes, we need to shed what we already have that doesn't fit our needs which in turn only creates more holes, specific holes to fill.

If we had that No. 5 pick this year, I'd be damned pissed if they didn't go with Myles Garrett if he was still there, and we went TE, but we didn't draft until Pick 37 and traded down to likely pick Sidney Jones, and went with plan b and took TE Everett.

Also I'll add, I'm gonna be pretty sore down the road if Zay Jones turns out to be an Alshon Jeffery's, or a Sammy Watkins, unless Everett turns out to be a perennial Pro Bowler!!!

Because we all know....

Watkins > Robinson
Jeffery > Quick

And they weren't even close then or now but we could have picked them both, instead of the busts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dravious Wright, CB, NC State

really bringing in CB options...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FB? Special teams stud I imagine. But still.

Malachi Dupre WR LSU is still on the board. Wow

I don't know what to think here. Most teams draft BPA and have a group of guys they like then they see who falls to them. The Rams fall in love and make sure they get their guy.

More than half of these guys I never even heard of or didn't see 1 snap of them playing

I'm ok on some of these picks but this was weird. Not awful but weird

My buddy that went to A&M said Reynolds is a great WR - just needs some beef.

That's not the first time you have stated that SJ76. I think we all have stated that sentiment at least 500 times over the last 17 years!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not surprising that the Rams didn't draft an offensive lineman

Last year, the Los Angeles Rams struggled to protect Jared Goff during his rookie season. So why didn’t they draft an offensive lineman?

The Rams ranked bottom five among all offensive line units in the NFL last season, according to Pro Football Focus. But with a new coordinator Aaron Kromer in the mix, things are destined to change next year.

Forrest Lamp, a top interior offensive lineman, was available when the Rams were on the clock with pick No. 37 overall. But Los Angeles traded it away, despite showing interest in him earlier this offseason.

When Rams general manager Les Snead was asked about his plans for the offensive line, here is what he had to say (via ESPN):

“The biggest key for us right now, because you do have a second-year QB, is whoever that player is has got to be mentally astute. You’d probably rather have a veteran who’s done it, at least a veteran mentor.”

Los Angeles was exploring free agency and trades for a center to help protect Goff and landed on John Sullivan from Washington.

This is what the offensive line depth chartlooks like for the Rams heading into the 2017 season.

Rams offensive lineman Rob Havenstein, who is changing positions next year, indicated plans for Los Angeles for the trenches:

“I think a lot of guys are cross-training because we don’t know where we’re going to be … the best five are going to play, whoever that is. Guys are going to have to compete, work for the job, obviously myself included. We’re going to be fighting to get better together.”

The only player locked into his position as a starter on the offensive line is Pro Bowl free agent signing Andrew Whitworth, at left tackle.

The Rams met with offensive linemen including Lamp, Dan Feeney, Taylor Moton, Dion Dawkins, Julie’n Davenport and Kyle Fuller.

But it seemed their priority was bolstering their playmakers for Goff and adding linebackers and EDGE rushers, which seemed to be what they wanted to do based on all previous interviews with Snead.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bullshit answer that is by Snead. He doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

This is complete bullshit: “The biggest key for us right now, because you do have a second-year QB, is whoever that player is has got to be mentally astute. You’d probably rather have a veteran who’s done it, at least a veteran mentor.”

So you are going to hide behind the fact that you have a second year QB, to cover your dumbass for not being able to figure out and get great talent on a BPA level in how many drafts? Good grief! Seriously??!!!