• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NFL DRAFT THREAD

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the WR's are still young, but that didn't stop them from drafting 2 more and another TE?

True, but the team is thin at WR. Only Austin, Woods, Cooper and Thomas had playing time last year-the last two with very little playing time. We need competition at the skill positions.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed Orlosky lasts and the Rams actually take him

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really now believe that Snead, Dimwitoff, the limp biscuit, and whoever else is influencing drafts and FA think on one level at a time like some sort of retarded dolts. The pattern is clear. We fill our needs one position at a time one draft at a time. This organization does not understand the concept of BPA and/or finding blue chip talent with shrewd drafting per draft like say a John Lynch did on his first year this year as the Niners GM or Elway does EVERY year like the Patriots. These are the guys that will and do win every year. Not retarded toads who can't do anything with anybody outside of their little myopic boxes they come into drafts firmly in place.

First we had a run on defense with Snisher-DBs, a LB, and D-line. The next draft we took O-lineman and some RBs and WRs. Then we focused on the QB in the next draft. This year, we are focusing on WRs, TEs and that about does it except for one LB and a sleeper DT.

Who on THE planet, does this shit? Only a bunch of in-over-their-heads numbskulls who wouldn't know football talent if it ran over them!! Is it any wonder we suck year-in and year-out?

We as fans have become so conditioned to this bullshit we literally come up with creative ways to justify yet another wasted pick and draft in hope that he and it might all work out and we actually return to our glory days.

What a freakin' joke!!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams select with second pick in the sixth round - FB Sam Rogers

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A FB?

You can get all the FB's you want as UDFA's.

Let's just completely ignore the OL this draft.

I give up!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see one theme....they like kids that can catch the ball on film

does have a nice TD pass at the 2:40 mark, but im not sure if he can block at the next lvl

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALR - Don't give up! I'm forming a theory, which i hope becomes reality.

First - McVay has stated he wants veterans on the O-line and especially at center.

Second - He brings in Sullivan who knows his system.

Here's the theory - The selection of Josh Johnson for safety and Sam Rogers for fullback was done with the intention of cutting Cody Davis and Corey Harkey to save cap space - I think a little under 3 million.

This frees up much needed cap space for ... Nick Mangold or other O-line cap casualties around the league after the draft.

Hopefullly we'll draft a center in the seventh round!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the practice squad is for first year players only.
The practice squad use to only allow for 2 players of the 10 to have 2 accrued seasons, but this year the league has bumped that up to 4 players of the 10 to have 2 accrued seasons.

So Thomas is good only having the 1 accrued season so far Cub.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanzel Smart | DT, Tulane
Height: 6-1 Weight: 296

its official they dont understand what an Oline is

HELP
I trust this group of offensive leaders prior to the former, so if what we have is good enough for them, it's good enough for me Red.

I mean, the group of linemen we had prior to the FA additions and save Roger, are a pretty young group of men. I feel good with the new regime's understanding of what we have, and what we need when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ejuan Price | OLB, Pittsburgh
Height: 5-11 Weight: 241

Wade pick again

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balanced draft class: 4 offensive players and 4 defensive players selected.

WR:2
TE:1
FB:1

OLB:2
DT:1
FS:1

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the theory - The selection of Josh Johnson for safety and Sam Rogers for fullback was done with the intention of cutting Cody Davis and Corey Harkey to save cap space - I think a little under 3 million.
Well with the FB pick, now I can't disagree with you at all Cub. Harkey is all but gone, maybe they can see if he has any trade value instead of cutting him.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OVERVIEW
"Juan" Price has a shoe collection that would make former leaders in the Philippines jealous. That collection may go into the thousands of pairs if he has as much success in the NFL as he had rushing the passer for Pitt the past two seasons. Price started his career as an inside linebacker, starting five games there as a true freshman in 2011 (27 tackles, 6.5 for loss, four sacks). But then the injuries came. He redshirted 2012 with a pectoral injury, missed half of the 2013 season (23 tackles, four TFL in six games) with a back injury, and sat out another full season with a chest muscle malady in 2014. Finally healthy in his fifth year with the Panthers, Price had 48 tackles, 19.5 for loss, and led the ACC in sacks per game (0.88, 11.5 totals) gaining a first-team all-conference nod. Five of those sacks came in one game against Louisville. Price had 13 sacks again in another first-team All-ACC season this fall, and was also named second-team Walter Camp All-American by ranking second in the FBS with 23 tackles for loss (45 total stops).
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Quick-twitch athlete with elite playmaking production over last two seasons. Stutter steps and head fakes in rush approach causes uncertainty for tackles. Able to juke inside and bounce back out to create an edge opening as rusher. Built low to ground and plays strong through redirect blocks to trim the edge. Flashes explosive spin counter that can create wins. Absolute bulldog when he smells a sack opportunity. Stout and strong. Big burst to close out quarterbacks. Disruptive in gaps against the run. Sudden stunts inside are often too quick for tackles to counter. Willing to take chances to make plays in backfield.
WEAKNESSES Missed more than two seasons with injuries. Burst-based athlete missing long speed. Slow to transition when forced to make sharp directional changes. Unable to run down running backs headed for corner. Needs to finish plays. Can be quick to shut motor down if he doesn't think a tackle is within range. Appeared gassed at times. Struggles to counter long-limbed tackles with a quick punch. Face-up rusher missing upper body flexibility and hip flip. Needs soft edge to turn the corner.
DRAFT PROJECTION Round 5-6
SOURCES TELL US "He's a little ball of dynamite. He's got some physical limitations, which will keep him from getting picked early, but I see an NFL rusher. He's strong and twitchy and can finish when he gets the tackle beat." -- Director of scouting for NFC team
NFL COMPARISON James Harrison
BOTTOM LINE Stiff-hipped, straight-line rusher who is limited in his rush approach, but has the burst and twitch to finish what he starts. The comparison with James Harrison has more to do with the stature, playing style and rush production that both men possess. While his draft stock might be limited, he has the ability to be a sub-package rusher who could flash on the next level.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALR - Don't give up! I'm forming a theory, which i hope becomes reality.

First - McVay has stated he wants veterans on the O-line and especially at center.

Second - He brings in Sullivan who knows his system.

This frees up much needed cap space for ... Nick Mangold or other O-line cap casualties around the league after the draft.

Hopefullly we'll draft a center in the seventh round!

RC

The Rams are the only team to draft a FB. He could have easily been taken in the 7th or signed as an UDFA.

Their last pick is an LB that has missed basically 2 1/2 seasons due to injuries. He too could've been had as an UDFA.

It goes to Retro's point- they like reaching for players, and those last two picks were huge reaches regardless of what the regime plans to do to save money

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FB? Special teams stud I imagine. But still.

Malachi Dupre WR LSU is still on the board. Wow

I don't know what to think here. Most teams draft BPA and have a group of guys they like then they see who falls to them. The Rams fall in love and make sure they get their guy.

More than half of these guys I never even heard of or didn't see 1 snap of them playing

I'm ok on some of these picks but this was weird. Not awful but weird

My buddy that went to A&M said Reynolds is a great WR - just needs some beef.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FB? Special teams stud I imagine. But still.

Malachi Dupre WR LSU is still on the board. Wow

I don't know what to think here. Most teams draft BPA and have a group of guys they like then they see who falls to them. The Rams fall in love and make sure they get their guy.

More than half of these guys I never even heard of or didn't see 1 snap of them playing

I'm ok on some of these picks but this was weird. Not awful but weird

My buddy that went to A&M said Reynolds is a great WR - just needs some beef.
A big change in both offensive and defensive schemes this year really diminishes our ability to go BPA. I hope to see more BPA next year but with so many specific needs that last years roster simply lacks almost forced these picks to be filled on need.

I'm just looking for some starters and guys that will make our league worst offense much better.

We get those two things out of this draft, I'm good.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big change in both offensive and defensive schemes this year really diminishes our ability to go BPA. I hope to see more BPA next year but with so many specific needs that last years roster simply lacks almost forced these picks to be filled on need.

I'm just looking for some starters and guys that will make our league worst offense much better.

We get those two things out of this draft, I'm good.

Although I believe a team can always go BPA for a need (depending on how deep certain positions in the draft are) and I agree with you to an extent....

The biggest issue or need we've had for years in the Oline.

If we get 2 starters and some solid depth out of these picks with no 1st that's pretty good. But the Oline...

The Oline!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more the style these guys draft.

They fall in love