• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NFL Draft / Combine / Games

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 Quarterback Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

At 15+M next season, he would be the 20th paid QB in the NFL (and that's without Cousins included yet, and Brady is slumming at 14M). Almost seems underpaid when you look at it that way; he's clearly better than 20th in the league (2 straight pro-bowls, albeit as an alternate).

My only retort to that...why does BUF seem to be pausing with Taylor if it's not the money? Do they think they can do better in the draft or FA?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only retort to that...why does BUF seem to be pausing with Taylor if it's not the money? Do they think they can do better in the draft or FA?

Because their GM is an idiot that should've been fired along with Rex and Jim Kelly won't shut up.

Watson may end up better, but he won't be this coming year and McCoy only has a few years left. The other QBs in the draft hasn't been that impressive IMO (or I haven't seen enough of them to say either way).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to be the only guy that thinks Dalvin Cooke is the better pro than Fournette in todays NFL

To me it depends a bit on the offense they go to. A team that likes to throw the ball around like crazy Cook is easily the best of the two with his ability in the open field. In a very conservative offense running the ball up the middle a lot then I would go Fournette

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Cook. How many bruiser RBs have succeeded in the NFL recently?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Fournette is a big RB, but I wouldn't call him a bruiser anymore than I would call Gurley a bruiser.

I think the limitations we've seen from Fournette is more by-product of limited playcalling at LSU.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Fournette is a big RB, but I wouldn't call him a bruiser anymore than I would call Gurley a bruiser.

I think the limitations we've seen from Fournette is more by-product of limited playcalling at LSU.

Yes but we know without a doubt that Cook is an outstanding RB and receiver out of the back field. WE just hope that Fournette can do some work in the pass game as well.

Something else to keep in mind though for the evaluation process is that teams are worried about Cook off the field. He I guess has multiple children with different women, drinks heavily, and has surrounded himself with a very bad crowd that teams worry could follow him wherever he goes.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but we know without a doubt that Cook is an outstanding RB and receiver out of the back field. WE just hope that Fournette can do some work in the pass game as well.

Something else to keep in mind though for the evaluation process is that teams are worried about Cook off the field. He I guess has multiple children with different women, drinks heavily, and has surrounded himself with a very bad crowd that teams worry could follow him wherever he goes.
I would take Cook over Fournette before reading your post.
If true, this guy could slide way down his projected spot. Character is huge in today's NFL and rightfully so

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Cook over Fournette before reading your post.
If true, this guy could slide way down his projected spot. Character is huge in today's NFL and rightfully so

I would take Cook too before I read that last part. I don't know completely how accurate it is but have heard the rumblings that it is in fact true. Talent wise though I just think Cook fits the NFL much better these days. RB's that can truly stay on the field for all 3 downs and be a threat to take it for a touchdown on any given play are a very nice weapon to have. That doesn't mean Fournette isn't talented as I would take him in a heart beat. I just think Cook is one of my favorite players in this draft to watch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fournette...I agree. I think it really depends on how much he wants to be a complete player...Bell did catch the ball at Mich St. but he wasn't nearly the complete player he evolved into....lost 20lbs, probably hard to do smoking pot like he was, but he worked hard to become a good all around RB.

Cook...I knew he had some kids, but did not know he had the other issues. Yes, that could be a factor.

As NFL talents, I still have them 1 and 1a with no real preference, but if the character is a concern with Cook, I would lean towards Fournette.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only question about Fournette is other than the money, how hard does it want it.

Wouldn't shock me to see both slide outta the top 10 on draft day

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Cook too before I read that last part. I don't know completely how accurate it is but have heard the rumblings that it is in fact true. Talent wise though I just think Cook fits the NFL much better these days. RB's that can truly stay on the field for all 3 downs and be a threat to take it for a touchdown on any given play are a very nice weapon to have. That doesn't mean Fournette isn't talented as I would take him in a heart beat. I just think Cook is one of my favorite players in this draft to watch.

I like Cook too.

I look back on the Bell and Lacy comparisons...I'd never seen Bell play so I was naturally leaning towards Lacy. Talent was similar, but one guy worked a lot harder than the other. Now it's 2nd contract time and we'll see a big separation in pay for these two guys.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only question about Fournette is other than the money, how hard does it want it.

Wouldn't shock me to see both slide outta the top 10 on draft day

I think Fournette has been eyeing draft day for a couple of years now...even blew off the bowl game to be ready for the combine, etc...if he's not in the best shape of his life I will be surprised. What will that mean on draft day? idk

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fournette has been eyeing draft day for a couple of years now...even blew off the bowl game to be ready for the combine, etc...if he's not in the best shape of his life I will be surprised. What will that mean on draft day? idk
I agree....just wonder how NFL folks feel about players that put themselves before team.
IMO...it's a bad look.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fournette could catch the football then he has a chance of being one of the best players in the NFL. In many ways he is like OJ Howard. You have to look at the player he could be in two years and not the player he is coming out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be true, but that's all we have to go by right now. Do you risk an early first rounder on that?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be true, but that's all we have to go by right now. Do you risk an early first rounder on that?

Yes, because I know what he does, he does very well.

Couple that with the reported character concerns about Cook imo the risks are about the same.

That said, I would take either one if I needed a RB as a top level priority.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a difference a year makes. This time last year the RB position was so devalued you'd a thought no RB would ever be drafted in the top half of round one ever again.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on "conversations with scouts and personnel executives," USA Today's Tom Pelissero came away from this week's Senior Bowl believing UNC's Mitch Trubisky is considered this year's No. 1 quarterback prospect.

Clemson's Deshaun Watson and Notre Dame's DeShone Kizer both possess franchise quarterback talent, but Watson's accuracy, mechanics, and durability are seen as concerns while Kizer got benched in 2016 and is expected to face questions about his passion for football. Trubisky made only 13 college starts, sitting his first two years behind non-prospect Marquise Williams at North Carolina. Needless to say, it's a weak quarterback class.

Yeah, "Passion for the game" questions for a 19 year old, would just about get you crossed completely off my "will draft" list

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a difference a year makes. This time last year the RB position was so devalued you'd a thought no RB would ever be drafted in the top half of round one ever again.

You're off by a couple years, lol.