• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NFL Draft / Combine / Games

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Shriners game kicking off yesterday so begins the draft process
So give five players you are gonna focus on during the process?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of the East/West shrine game, I'm curious about the following:

Javancy Jones LB
Josh Augusta NT
Elijah McGuire RB
Taquan Mizzell RB
Lorenzo Jerome DB

In terms of overall prospects:

1. Mitch Trubisky QB
2. Deshaun Watson QB
3. Deshone Kizer QB
4. Malik McDowell DE/DT
5. Charles Harris OLB/DE

I don't really have a great grasp as to where those 5 will end up in the grand scheme of things yet. Obviously being a little homer in being curious about Mizzou players but thats everyone.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top of my list is to see Williams (Clemson) and Davis ( WMich) to see which one emerges the number one wide out in this class.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of the East/West shrine game, I'm curious about the following:

Javancy Jones LB
Josh Augusta NT
Elijah McGuire RB
Taquan Mizzell RB
Lorenzo Jerome DB

In terms of overall prospects:

1. Mitch Trubisky QB
2. Deshaun Watson QB
3. Deshone Kizer QB
4. Malik McDowell DE/DT
5. Charles Harris OLB/DE

I don't really have a great grasp as to where those 5 will end up in the grand scheme of things yet. Obviously being a little homer in being curious about Mizzou players but thats everyone.

Your #5 is being mocked to PIT in these early mocks.

What is his game all about? Is he a fire breather?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your #5 is being mocked to PIT in these early mocks.

What is his game all about? Is he a fire breather?
What I saw based on his play:

Charles Harris EDGE
. Fits the Justin Houston mold but thats a hard comparison because Houston was an underachiever in college and had to develop into a star. Harris does lose the ball on a routine basis. Concentrates so much on beating his guy that he might be a liability in the run game. Nastier than Shane Ray but not quite as gifted as someone like Robert Quinn. Without a rockstar combine, a poor man's Justin Houston is probably about where I'd put him but thats a catch-22. If you nails the combine, he won't fall to the Chiefs (see also: Steelers)

I'll admit I haven't watched him as closely as I should have over the course of the year but that will likely change.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw based on his play:

Charles Harris EDGE
. Fits the Justin Houston mold but thats a hard comparison because Houston was an underachiever in college and had to develop into a star. Harris does lose the ball on a routine basis. Concentrates so much on beating his guy that he might be a liability in the run game. Nastier than Shane Ray but not quite as gifted as someone like Robert Quinn. Without a rockstar combine, a poor man's Justin Houston is probably about where I'd put him but thats a catch-22. If you nails the combine, he won't fall to the Chiefs (see also: Steelers)

I'll admit I haven't watched him as closely as I should have over the course of the year but that will likely change.

Thanks...picking 30th, if he has a great combine, I wouldn't expect him to be there either...with Dee Ford and Houston I wouldn't think KC would be looking too hard at him, but could be BPA.

I'm not yet up to speed on this draft class, but the draftniks have been saying this is supposed to be a deep draft for edge rushers...the FO in PIT needs to roll up their sleeves and get to work on that end because I'm not expecting a starting caliber player (in '17) on DEF for them at that spot.

We shall see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects I am watching that could fall to my Panthers (in order of ones I am most excited about them potentially landing):

1.) Leonard Fournette
2.) Malik Hooker
3.) Solomon Thomas
4.) Derek Barnette
5.) Jabril Peppers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have to wait until the 2nd round, too hard to project who may fall this early. Unless they hit in FA, I would guess it would be one of OT, CB, LB, or WR.

For the Bills picking 10th, a lot depends on Tyrod. If they get their heads out of their asses and keep him, that opens up that #1 pick to other positions, otherwise they may get locked in at QB (Watson, Trubisky, or ? depending on the top 9). Gilmore is another key FA that could impact their decision. Depending on who falls to them, they could go safety (Adams, Hooker, Peppers), CB (Lattimore, Tabor), WR (Williams, Davis), DL (Garrett, Allen, Thomas, Barnett), or even OT (although I think they should wait, as their real need is at RT). Lots of possibilities.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have to wait until the 2nd round, too hard to project who may fall this early. Unless they hit in FA, I would guess it would be one of OT, CB, LB, or WR.

For the Bills picking 10th, a lot depends on Tyrod. If they get their heads out of their asses and keep him, that opens up that #1 pick to other positions, otherwise they may get locked in at QB (Watson, Trubisky, or ? depending on the top 9). Gilmore is another key FA that could impact their decision. Depending on who falls to them, they could go safety (Adams, Hooker, Peppers), CB (Lattimore, Tabor), WR (Williams, Davis), DL (Garrett, Allen, Thomas, Barnett), or even OT (although I think they should wait, as their real need is at RT). Lots of possibilities.

I've always wondered why some people think Taylor should be the Bills QB. He has thrown exactly ONE 300 yard passing game in his career, and that didn't come until Christmas Eve last month. He's not garbage, but he's definitely not one to take the Bills to the playoffs.

I don't think the Bills should take a QB in the first round, but they have to consider taking one in the 2nd or 3rd (Kaaya or that kid from VA Tech).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always wondered why some people think Taylor should be the Bills QB. He has thrown exactly ONE 300 yard passing game in his career, and that didn't come until Christmas Eve last month. He's not garbage, but he's definitely not one to take the Bills to the playoffs.

I don't think the Bills should take a QB in the first round, but they have to consider taking one in the 2nd or 3rd (Kaaya or that kid from VA Tech).

They have Cardale Jones that they're developing behind Taylor, who is just as good of a prospect as the second tier guys in this draft.

You can't just look at total passing yards with Taylor, as the Bills offense is heavily tilted towards the rushing game (including Taylor, who led all QBs in rushing with 580 yards). Taylor also only turned over the ball 7 times all season. Last year (with a healthy Watkins for 13 games), he was 7th in the league in passer rating.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Cardale Jones that they're developing behind Taylor, who is just as good of a prospect as the second tier guys in this draft.

You can't just look at total passing yards with Taylor, as the Bills offense is heavily tilted towards the rushing game (including Taylor, who led all QBs in rushing with 580 yards). Taylor also only turned over the ball 7 times all season. Last year (with a healthy Watkins for 13 games), he was 7th in the league in passer rating.
I'm not a huge Cardale Jones fan but after the first 4 QBs are off the board, I'd probably roll the dice on him and draft a different position in need instead.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects I am watching that could fall to my Panthers (in order of ones I am most excited about them potentially landing):

1.) Leonard Fournette
2.) Malik Hooker
3.) Solomon Thomas
4.) Derek Barnette
5.) Jabril Peppers

CAR is ripe for a good harvest.

Tough call how I would go there, but I all these guys were on the board, I would probably take Fournette and try to comeback with a OT or edge rusher in the second round.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to be the only guy that thinks Dalvin Cooke is the better pro than Fournette in todays NFL

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taylor is a poor mans Cam...the problem here is the money. He's not really a $15mil CH player, but if surrounded with good talent, open up the OFC a bit, he can be an effective starter in this league. With that OFC scheme, he was never going to be a 300 yd passer many more times than he has been.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to be the only guy that thinks Dalvin Cooke is the better pro than Fournette in todays NFL

I like them both, but see them as 1 and 1a...so I could go either way. I think we got to see more of Cook's abilities at FSU...not as much with Fournette @ LSU.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is a poor mans Cam...the problem here is the money. He's not really a $15mil CH player, but if surrounded with good talent, open up the OFC a bit, he can be an effective starter in this league. With that OFC scheme, he was never going to be a 300 yd passer many more times than he has been.

Just another indictment on how bad QB play is around the league

Sure, the Bills can let Taylor walk, and than what? If they thought it was bad in Buffalo WITH Taylor, just wait and see what it looks like with the next bum/project/retread they decide to go with

That's why in this league a GOOD QB like Kirk Cousins, could net the #1 overall pick, and a salary as high, or higher than any QB in the league

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them both, but see them as 1 and 1a...so I could go either way. I think we got to see more of Cook's abilities at FSU...not as much with Fournette @ LSU.

That could definitely be true........Fournette played with some of the worst QB's in the nation, so his propensity to see 10 man boxes was much more likely than Cook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another indictment on how bad QB play is around the league

Sure, the Bills can let Taylor walk, and than what? If they thought it was bad in Buffalo WITH Taylor, just wait and see what it looks like with the next bum/project/retread they decide to go with

That's why in this league a GOOD QB like Kirk Cousins, could net the #1 overall pick, and a salary as high, or higher than any QB in the league

In a lot of ways, that's true.

BUF...it really just depends on how much of a drop off they see with Manuel or Jones...are they a 3 or 4 win team with those guys? Or with a better OFC scheme and maybe a little better luck with injuries are they a 9 maybe 10 win team with Taylor?

Cousins...#1 overall might be a reach, but I get your point...a stats QB goes a long way in the game today.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a lot of ways, that's true.

BUF...it really just depends on how much of a drop off they see with Manuel or Jones...are they a 3 or 4 win team with those guys? Or with a better OFC scheme and maybe a little better luck with injuries are they a 9 maybe 10 win team with Taylor?

Cousins...#1 overall might be a reach, but I get your point...a stats QB goes a long way in the game today.

I think they have seen what they will ever see out of Manuel, and it is not good at all.....So with him, winning anywhere between 3-6 games is probably realistic.....I cant speak on Jones besides one small sample against the Jets in the last game, where he looked awful, but again, that's a very small sampling

Yeah, as far as Cousins, just reading the rumors that San Fran is willing to trade the #2 pick for Cousins to the Skins